TeamCalgary

Feeld; what's the story?

If we may petition the collective wisdom of the local faculty.

So, Feeld, anyone know much about it? 

Any experience with using this app?

In terms as a potential tool for a swinging couple, is it a viable option to utilize in connecting with like minded couples?

Also, is it geographically dispersed or centralized in terms of its membership/user base;

this is germane for us as we are located in Western Canada. 

Our most humble thanks to the collective intelligence of the board.

• Like 1

I am an older man in an ENM relationship whose wife doesn’t play. Per my longstanding agreement with my wife I play with couples and at parties. As others here on the board can confirm, that makes establishing connections challenging. Most of my successful lifestyle connections I’ve developed over the 19 years that I have been intentionally active in the lifestyle have been through networking with others who are also in the lifestyle. I tried paid memberships with both AFF & SLS. Although I did make several successful connections on those platforms, the small ratio of wheat to chaff was daunting. I found both to be too much "Wild West" with lots of misrepresentation and fantasy folk, so I eventually stopped using them.

Several years ago while working out I was listening to a podcast. The guest was — I swear this is true — Rudy Giuliani’s polyamorous daughter. In the course of the podcast she spoke about Feeld as a platform that had proved useful to her in finding partners. So I signed up and it has worked well for me.  

(For those who are not familiar with Feeld, actual humans confirm your identity as well as your partner’s (assuming you have one). Based on your particular interests the algorithm serves up prospective connections from within the metro area you have specified. You indicate those individuals with whom you would like to converse. For about a dollar you can send a "ping" that tells that person you are interested. If they are the platform connects you and you can begin a text conversation and take it from there.) 

I can’t speak to how many folks on Feeld are couples looking for couples, because that isn’t my criteria. But I get served up a lot of couples who are looking specifically for a man (MFM or MMF) or are at least open to that. 

I can’t confirm because I don’t don’t see the entire spectrum of folks on the platform, but my sense is that most people are looking for something other than one-and-done experiences. But if anyone here on Swingersboard is on Feeld and into ultra-short experiences I’d be interested learning if Feeld has worked well for you.

From my perspective Feeld is great. It’s so hard for someone my age, gender (male) and relationship status to establish successful connections that proceed to a bedroom, that I focus my efforts on establishing reasonably durable FWB ones. While I still come across some flakes and fakes, there are relatively few. (I’ve yet to come across someone who is looking to arrange a 15-man gangbang for their wife as an initiation to the lifestyle. 😉😂 ) I’ve made far more genuine connections. And while fewer than half progress all the way to sex, enough of them do. 

Of all publications, The New Yorker magazine recently ran a favorable article about Feeld. I believe you can read a couple of articles before the paywall pops up. Otherwise, if you are interested PM me and I will send you a "fair use" excerpted version that contains the gist of the article. 

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/annals-of-inquiry/feeld-dating-app-sex

• Like 3

Wrote this in another thread.  The interaction there is much more civil than other swinging related sites/apps we've tried.  More moderated and with face pics being the rule rather than private bits seems to keep people on better behavior.  But with that also comes more of an ENM dating scene rather than one night hookups(though you can still find those there too it's not the overall vibe).

Feeld caters pretty specifically to the non-monogamous folks.  The majority of people we see there are ethically non-monogamous in a couple.  Where each member of the couple has their own profile but they are linked together.  Also generally very nice and genuine.  Having a much better experience than SLS/AFF/SDC.  Much lower pressure, just friendly interactions.  Profile pictures are PG and no one has hounded us for anything more.  None of the immediate dick pic nonsense.  More how's your day going, what's your favorite drink, what would you want to do on a date sort of more normal small talk.  We're liking that environment.

• Like 4

Nerds, Peter, thank you for your clear and thoughtful input. 

You both make Feeld sound like our kind of vehicle as we are a couple that has little interest in the poseurs, the fakes, and the phonies 

that populate so many of the sites. We seek realists who are looking for more than a quick score. 

Can either of you comment on the geographic distribution of the membership? 

This is an issue on most sites where the vast majority of the membership is located in the large US centres, with 

very little representation among our fellow Canadians. 

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, TeamCalgary said:

Nerds, Peter, thank you for your clear and thoughtful input. 

You both make Feeld sound like our kind of vehicle as we are a couple that has little interest in the poseurs, the fakes, and the phonies 

that populate so many of the sites. We seek realists who are looking for more than a quick score. 

Can either of you comment on the geographic distribution of the membership

This is an issue on most sites where the vast majority of the membership is located in the large US centres, with 

very little representation among our fellow Canadians

Thank you. 

TeamCalgary, Feeld is good for finding others seeking ongoing friendships, as Nerds and I have noted. Your concerns about the geographic factor is a reasonable one. You have observed that Canada appears to generally get short-shrift from all lifestyle platforms. 

Here’s my perhaps relevant experience with Feeld in that regard. We spend most of our time in our home in a quite rural part of the Hudson Valley (an hour’s drive to the closest big box store). But we also own an apartment in Manhattan and spend some time there. Feeld follows me around. (I think I gave it permission to do that.) When we are up in the Hudson Valley I get relatively few prospects served up, and many of them turn out to be farther distant than those far-away big box stores. (Keep in mind that I’m an older man who plays without my wife, and I’m looking for couples who want to play together. That’s a small universe…😉😂) But Feeld knows when we are in NYC and I get quite a few hits. And if we travel to Boston, D.C. or another area Feeld will automatically serve up prospects in that area. It’s a mixed blessing. It’s always nice to make a connection, but because I’m looking for ongoing relationships someone a three- or four-hour drive (a plane-ride) away is of limited value for me or for them.

Overall to me one of the good aspects of Feeld is its geographic specificity. For members who are planning a trip to an area far away there is a feature called "Teleport" which allows you to see and be seen in different major metro areas in North America and Europe without actually being there yet.

My suggestion is to give Feeld a try For a month or 90 days. Three months of the premium (called "Majestic") membership is about $25 USD. Purchase a dozen "Pings" (which allow you to notify folks you are served up of your interest.) The Calgary metro area is about 1.5 million, so there should be a decent number of folks who fit your criteria assuming the two of you play together and are not looking for something too exotic. Depending on how satisfactory you find the results during those three months, you can cancel your membership or proceed. (For me, making a couple of connections that lead to a coffee or meal meet up is well worth the quarterly price.)

• Like 2

Many thanks for the relevant, and detailed information Peterj. 

This will be most helpful. 

Best regards to you. 

• Like 3