Sign in to follow this  
MidLifeFun

New Years Resolution leads to New friends

You never know where you will meet others who think like us.  The Mrs. went back to the gym as a New Year’s resolution along with so many others. After going a few times she mentioned that there were a few women she met and started talking to as just quick talk. She noticed one woman was wearing a pineapple necklace and wondered if she should say something to her. I said you can’t just ask if she’s a swinger just because she had what we think is a sign of swingers. Seeing her a few times more she told me she was going to ask her. I said maybe just admire her charm with no questions, if she shared what it means it will be her choice with no freaky questions. 
The Mrs. told me she admired the charm and her new gym mate said it was a special charm. I don’t know exactly what their conversation was, I do know she asked my wife if she knew the meaning of pendant which she said thinks she did. Of course she did know what it could mean. 
We now have another new friend who we are looking forward to getting to know better. It proves that we all have lives and the people around us just might be into more than you think. If you wear a swingers sign that only others who think like you would recognize you can save a lot of time searching. 

1 hour ago, MidLifeFun said:

"If you wear a swingers sign that only others who think like you would recognize you can save a lot of time searching."

MLF, I’m pleased your wife’s recognition of this piece of jewelry has led to a connection for you and your wife. I reckon that’s why the other woman was wearing it. I hope this new friendship will blossom into something fun and fulfilling for all of you. And for sure the two of you developed a strategy that made it easy for both parties to confirm or deny the meaning of the pineapple charm.

There is always some risk of being outed to the vanilla world. People on the board here have posted about running into work colleagues or their minister or even their kids’ former babysitter at clubs or parties. It happens. But most of us try to keep the consensual non-monogamous and vanilla sides of our lives separate.

A note of general caution about wearing or otherwise displaying "secret" swinger jewelry or other symbols; there are no signs that are truly known only to swingers. Others, including friends and family, may have read about swinging, but never have become active, approving of or even sympathetic to those who are swingers. They see you with a pineapple or MILF charm and infer that you are in the lifestyle. And while they may not come out and ask you if you are a swinger — giving you the opportunity to deny it if you wish — they may not be discrete about sharing their suspicions with others who know you. Assuming one prefers to confine knowledge of one’s intimate life to one’s partner(s), it’s important to decide how important it is not to be outed.

(In a work setting I saw a variation of this phenomenon occur. There were quiet but widespread rumors that the new president of the 1,000+ employee company, who had been brought in from a competitor firm, and his new and younger wife had met at a swinger party. I never knew if there was anything to it, or it was just a false and malicious rumor made up by someone looking to damage his career. But 30 years later I still remember it. And the widespread existence of the rumor cannot have helped his tenure, which turned out to be fairly short, due to external factors over which he had no control.)