StartingOver60

Spotting interested couples.....

So were in a luxury resort in Hawaii.  We were not looking to play with anyone, but I would like some input on this.  First, I was wearing a Pineapple Bathing suit which is said to be a signal to other swingers.  So, we were in the huge pool somewhat crowed and on two separate days this younger couple were kind of lingering around us and at the time I not was not thinking much about it.  One of the days she and I locked eyes, smiled and that was it.  Very normal.  Now we got out of the pool and sat around and sunned.  We decided to walk to the bar that was in a cave and as we walked to the bar this pool couple was sitting on lounge chairs. As we approached them my wife asked what was partially sticking out of her bag that was between them on the lounge chairs.  I looked and it was a small furry stuffed animal sticking out of the bag.  Pretty odd for a firry stuffed animal being at a pool. They were seated in a very obvious location on the pathway to the bar to be seen.  She looked at me and we locked eyes again.  Does anyone think that the stuffed animal was an indication they were swingers.  I was wondering if that is a common signal or known signal for swingers similar to wearing Pineapple ware or black ring etc.  It's OK to tell me I am crazy, but it was just a sense I got.  I am thinking about it because they were a hot couple in their 30's and would have been fun.  I could have simply said hello but did noting and now it bothers me when I think about it.   Interested in your thoughts and any similar experiences.

Edited by StartingOver60

I am in my 70's. I would have gone over, looked at the animal and asked her if it could swim. Any conversation requires someone to start it. Any exploring about other possibilities requires a conversation. Worst possible outcome is a boring half hour talking about her pet Pekinese at home

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Here is the key to swinging success: Somebody has to make the move, it may as well be me. If you don’t initiate, nothing will happen. If you do initiate, something may happen. 

• Like 2

There IS NO secret swinging sign...especially a pineapple bathing suit in Hawaii. We all need to just realize this and move on. At the same time, if you think she/they might be interested, the best thing to do is go over and say hello and see where things go from there.

• Like 4

On 8/26/2022 at 5:04 AM, GoldCoCouple said:

There IS NO secret swinging sign...especially a pineapple bathing suit in Hawaii. We all need to just realize this and move on. At the same time, if you think she/they might be interested, the best thing to do is go over and say hello and see where things go from there.

As a resident of Hawai'i, pineapples are everywhere, so a pineapple motif is not really a very effective way to identify swingers.  A black ring is certainly more definitive, but many locals tend to not wear such a ring to advertise their lifestyle in such a tight community.   Residents here on average tend to be able to slow down and be more relaxed and are very approachable and friendly.  Starting a conversation here with people with this "vibe" is generally welcome.  If visitors are able to slow down and take-in the slower more relaxed way of life here,  starting a conversation and seeing where it leads is a good idea.  As has been said previously, someone needs to start the conversation and then explore where it goes.....

Signs are not everywhere typically signal for swingers, communication is all, with small talk and conversation you will found it out.

There is always two answers: Yes we are or No thanks.

Prince Henry wears a black ring and I'm pretty sure he isn't a swinger...its a ring that monitors his activity (like a FitBit) so I wouldn't use that as an indicator either. Papas grass and white landscaping rock...nope. Tide box in the window...wouldn't count on it. There just isn't a good indicator since most swingers want to be anonymous. I've said it in the past: once a rainbow meant you liked rainbows or (if you were raised in a Christian school like I was) it was God's promise never to flood the world again after He did with Noah. Now if you see a rainbow and one thinks of the LGBTQ movement. A secret sign is only good as long as it is secret but it will never stay secret long, especially if it has anything to do with something sexual. There are a few symbols that are supposed to indicate you are a swinger, but once again, if all the swingers know, then usually others have found out too.

Personally, I like this shirt:

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

PartnersID.com has been selling swinger jewelry for years.  They sell black rings with the swinger logo (someone approached us in France so don't tell me there is no symbol).  They sell upside down pineapples and a host of other well known symbols such as poly rings and what not.  We have met many couples because we wear this jewelry. We would never approach someone who is wearing any kind of pineapple anything other than their charm.  Black rings are all over so having their logo on it makes it very clear to other people what it means.  Like the shirt above says:  when you know, you know.    As fo the furry animal, I can't imagine...

15 hours ago, samandtammi said:

PartnersID.com has been selling swinger jewelry for years.  They sell black rings with the swinger logo (someone approached us in France so don't tell me there is no symbol).  They sell upside down pineapples and a host of other well known symbols such as poly rings and what not.  We have met many couples because we wear this jewelry. We would never approach someone who is wearing any kind of pineapple anything other than their charm.  Black rings are all over so having their logo on it makes it very clear to other people what it means.  Like the shirt above says:  when you know, you know.    As fo the furry animal, I can't imagine...

There's a universally recognized swinger's logo?

After being in an open relationship for decades, and having traveled the world over, that's news to us. Lol...

We have not been in the lifestyle for decades but have seen Partners ID jewelry many times.  We both wear their jewelry and my wife and I have both met other people because they knew what it was.  

• Like 1

Nbc Swinging GIF by Ninja Warrior

Yes it would be nice to take all the guess work out of it.

On 8/25/2022 at 4:27 PM, StartingOver60 said:

I was wearing a Pineapple Bathing suit which is said to be a signal to other swingers.  One of the days she and I locked eyes, smiled and that was it.  She looked at me and we locked eyes again.  I was wondering if that is a common signal or known signal for swingers similar to wearing Pineapple ware or black ring etc.  it was just a sense I got.   Interested in your thoughts and any similar experiences.

As we got more into this lifestyle I feel I became more tuned in. The more we hung out with like minded people the better my instincts became. I don't go out hitting on everyone I get that feeling about but two of the last three couples I pegged as interested in learning more. Another husband and wife introduced the third couple from her intuition. There were no shirts, jewelry, bumper stickers, or any signs pointing to them.