Fundamental Law

What are you wearing and what are you drinking?

You and your partner have been invited to meet-and-greet of LS couples in a vanilla setting such as a private room at a local bar or restaurant. Although you have corresponded with some of the attendees (for example, here on Swingersboard) you have never met them in person and you are looking forward to doing so. 

1. What are you and your partner wearing to this event?

2. When you arrive, you discover that there is an open bar (the tab is being picked up by the hosts). What is your--and your partner's--drink order?

She:  Thigh highs in cooler months. Either blouse, non-wrinkle skirt or a wrap dress; low heels; necklace and earrings.  Dry white wine or champagne.

He:  Cashmere sweater as a single layer in cooler months, traditional button-down sport shirt in warmer months, non-wrinkle slacks. Loafers. same beverage.

It  being summertime in these latitudes, a pair of nice shorts and a Hawaiian shirt.  Gin and tonic at the bar.

• Like 1

We dress well for the occasion.  We do not dress provocatively in public, we prefer to blend in, not draw attention or advertise in a public setting.

In a meet and greet setting, either open or closed function, we do not drink.  We also do not drink at LS gatherings, parties or when meeting to play with couples or singles.  We want clear heads and be able to act, participate, perform well, enjoy and remember our activities.  We never have or will need a drink to “loosen up”.

we do not mind others who might like a drink or two.  But we do not play with those who appear or are “lit” or intoxicated.   In our experience the very few negative experiences we have witnessed 97% of the time stemmed from one or both being intoxicated and a few very visibly drunk.  This is all age groups, single, married or FWB.

those who have rules or requirements to check in tend to forget or cross the line not as much the heat of the moment but due to the level of intoxication.

just our experience.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Billygoat said:

We dress well for the occasion.  We do not dress provocatively in public, we prefer to blend in, not draw attention or advertise in a public setting.

In a meet and greet setting, either open or closed function, we do not drink.  We also do not drink at LS gatherings, parties or when meeting to play with couples or singles.  We want clear heads and be able to act, participate, perform well, enjoy and remember our activities.  We never have or will need a drink to “loosen up”.

we do not mind others who might like a drink or two.  But we do not play with those who appear or are “lit” or intoxicated.   In our experience the very few negative experiences we have witnessed 97% of the time stemmed from one or both being intoxicated and a few very visibly drunk.  This is all age groups, single, married or FWB.

those who have rules or requirements to check in tend to forget or cross the line not as much the heat of the moment but due to the level of intoxication.

just our experience.

I agree. If one needs to get drunk in order to play, maybe it's not for them.  I've seen it before and it's not very attractive.

• Like 2

We are with you Billygoat; light on the alcohol (or none at all) provides for a much more relaxed, and controllable environment.

Folks that need to be drunk to "swing" don't attract us in the least; we have to ask ourselves, 

"is there something about what they are doing that entails a need to obscure the reality of the situation?"

• Like 1

You can only make one first impression is an adage that comes to mind when meeting new people. Maybe I was obsessed when meeting our first playmates worrying that I had to impress, buying sexy under clothes and a new dress, all going for naught so many times with all the fakes we were going to meet. 
We recently attended our first party, wore a new Perla matching set and a new short jumper romper. Alan has it easier, always wears Calvin Klein black boxer briefs which he wore under a new solid shirt and Polo shirt. 
My first drink was a rosé a friend was also drinking, Alan I believe had a Bourbon on the rocks. 
Others dressed in many different ways I noticed. First impressions go both ways, I don’t care for men wearing Hawaiian shirts, a nice print is fine. 
Alan likes when I wear black thigh highs when meeting new friends, it’s sexy when when I only have the thigh highs on. He says it makes me look taller. 

On 7/12/2022 at 8:21 AM, TnA83 said:

It  being summertime in these latitudes, a pair of nice shorts and a Hawaiian shirt.  Gin and tonic at the bar.

I'll never get the hawaiian shirt thing. 

😆🤣😂

• Haha 1