Skullsawange

Husband eager to make plans but gets VERY insecure.

We've been 'in the lifestyle' for about 5 years and have had multiple experiences in groups/couples/singles.

My husband is the plan maker. 

When we talk to new people, he does the majority of the messaging and planning. When it comes to talking to the couple (or person) and actually making the plans, he gets very insecure. The few weeks leading up to making plans with someone, there has to be no snags in our day to day lives. If he sends me a message on snap or in text and I miss it, then he feels like it's more important to me to be talking to and making plans with other people. 

I've been trying very hard to empathize and go his pace, but even if we get a text from a couple we've been speaking to and I ask him what we should reply, sometimes he takes that as being too eager of me. Like I should let them hang before we reply to them.

Does that make sense? 

My husband is a very emotional person, me not so much. He needs constant consoling. We have a lot of fun but I'm really confused about him a lot of the time. As much as he seems to want to keep going in this direction, he also really digs his feet in and it's..exhausting trying to constantly gauge where he's at. Anytime we try and talk through this problem, it turns into an argument. 

I'm at a loss.

Please consider this and accept it without judgement.

This pursuit; "swinging", "the lifestyle", etc, what ever you wish to call it is predicating on communication.

Communication within the couples involved and communication between the couples involved.

Open, honest, frequent communication creates trust which increases the chances of having a good experience.

You have stated that "anytime we try and talk through this problem, it turns into an argument". 

Getting past this will be key to moving forward for the two of you, clearly. 

If you can't communicate as a couple, your chances are poor of communicating effectively with another couple

as you will not be moving forward with one voice and aligned in all respects. 

• Like 3

I cannot recommend highly enough that you get Polysecure by Jessica Fern(book or we like audible and got the book too for reference) 

The dynamics and behaviours you describe are EXACTLY those that my husband have been through. It is 100% down your to insecure attachment styles, both him being emotional and you not.
Anxiousness/avoidance/fear of abandonment all the deep stuff. The lifestyle you inherently insecure so it magnifies absolutely everything 10000x.
(including the good liberated sexy unconditionung freedom, it’s why it offers such healing)

There are needs not being met and you can heal them with your love and communication. The really thorny sensitive ones, the repeating patterns, they are ALL about needs not met in childhood, that is where your arguments come from. 

Hope you guys can get to the bottom of it, love is always the answer 🫶🏻💜

• Like 1

If he is this insecure, then there is something else missing: love, trust, communication. Figure out which it is and work on that.

Insecure and needing constant consoling do not translate well to swinging!  Don’t know what to tell you.  Good luck.

• Like 3

On 6/1/2022 at 3:49 PM, Skullsawange said:

My husband is the plan maker. 

... When it comes to talking to the couple (or person) and actually making the plans, he gets very insecure.

On 6/1/2022 at 3:49 PM, Skullsawange said:

We've been 'in the lifestyle' for about 5 years and have had multiple experiences in groups/couples/singles.

That seems odd.  Does your husband enjoy the goings-on in the moment?  Is there anything in particular that bothers him sexually, some act you do like kissing, girl play, or letting another man in your bum?

My take is that it isn't insecurity, he's just a procrastinator who doesn't want to face the tasks at hand.  Is he like this with other thing?

My simple-minded answer would be to tell him nicely that you like swinging with him, but going forward he needs to set everything up and you'll go along.  Be happy to answer questions or give an opinion if asked, but otherwise he's in control. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By lott
      I was wondering how would the man in a couple feel if another man makes his wife have more orgasms than he has and they were also more intense than anything she has ever felt before from sex?.

Do you think this will cause a break in the marriage or will it make it better?

I ask this because I know some techniques that can do exactly what I described but I don't want to cause a rift in a relationship. When I do it with a single woman I don't have to worry about her significant other getting mad at her constantly thinking about the orgasms I gave her but if it's a couple I don't know if this is the same case.

The techniques I use require a lot of exercises on my part to build strength and can't be accomplished in a week and some men might not even feel like doing the work and I'm worried the women might try to cheat with me to get these orgasms and I'm not into that. I really want to try some group sex with this knowledge because I love to see a woman in total ecstasy but I don't know if it's a wise thing to do.

Can anyone help me out?
    • By tmayou
      I would like my wife to have sex with another man. My concern is that what if he has a much larger penis then me and she enjoys it more than mine?

And, if so, how would that effect us?
    • By SexyWVcouple102
      Hello all,
      Well yesterday we had our first sexual experience outside of our marriage. It was a mfm threesome and it was great. The guy was hot and my wife really took a liking to him.

The only thing is that the guy was way nervous and had some performance anxiety. He was using a condom (wouldn't have it any other way) but could not keep it up at all. He did finally get hard and cum and it was great. The only problem is that the experience was bad for my wife. She left thinking that he couldn't stay hard because he didn't like her. Keep in mind my wife is extremely hot. She is 5'9" 125 Lbs long hair and very long legs.

I haven't met a man yet that hasn't wanted to have sex with her so I don't think that was an issue. It has really upset her so that she isn't sure if she wants to continue. Anyone out there with a similar experience that can help out?
    • By 10thBadger
      10thBader&Badger’s Wife

We have been reading this site for the past couple of months. Now we are creating our first question because it always seems to come up and then someone gets flamed by some experience members. Mostly because they disagree with the newbie when they are asking a question. So please just take what I am writing as a inquisitive thought and not putting down the lifestyle that you live.

How can someone not be jealous. Yeah certain situations where jealousy is silly and I totally agree. But there are some times where people on the site have said it was jealous and my only thought was it wasn’t jealousy but it was just a person being hurt. I’m going to give you a example

one poster wrote: Him and his wife decided that they were going to go swinging and do a Threesome MMF. The husband and a man that was doing the wife was having a great time, the man coming out of his sexual zone had to back away for a moment and ponder. He started looking at the other man and his wife having sex and she was making noises and requesting things from this total stranger that confused her husband. This husband also noted that he was more than willing to do those things with his wife but she always said no. But with this total stranger she was absolutely willing to do all the things that she would not let her husband do and was enjoying it immensely. Her husband just sat there and watched in amazement while the wife was completely oblivious of him being in the room and hurting Mentally. Then the husband decided to leave the room because he was feeling really bad and the wife did not even noticed. The husband return to the room and saw his wife then requesting for the total stranger to do anal and it really hurt the husband because when he requested to do anal with her, she wanted no part of it.

know several people or shall I say members said that you have to be happy for your wife because she is freer with this man and you should enjoy the fact that she is willing to experiment and let herself go.

To my husband and I, we were just shaking our heads and saying how can anyone say that? How can this woman experiment with a total stranger but not willing to do the same thing or at a higher level with her husband and say that she loves him. It just doesn’t compute. I’m not sure how anyone could see that. If anything the wife should be more open with the husband that has requested everything that she did with this total stranger. How can this woman say that I love my husband 100% and I want to spend the rest of my life with him. But I’m more willing to experiment sexually with a total stranger than I am with my loving husband.

But many members said you were just jealous and husband and I said no he’s just hurt emotionally. I thoughts were he is not jealous because he’s actually allowing this to happen in a threesome but hurt by the fact that she is more open with the total stranger that she is with him even though he’s just as willing to do the same things that she is requesting from the total stranger.  I just can’t see that as jealousy as some members have said. 

Example number two

Insecurities: This Fictionally couple wants to have a full swap and is looking for another couple. So they start looking on the Internet together. Now, historically the wife has always told her husband that he was more than enough for her with his size of cock. That at times it has even been too much because she is a smaller woman. So all through the marriage they would have making live sessions, but when they were just be passionate fucking together, he always had to take it easy. Because he wanted her to enjoy it and not have pain. 

So he and his wife Are looking on the Internet for another couple but every couple that the wife stops at. The guy is much bigger or shall I say not much bigger but larger than husband. The husband this just thought through his head. As something that it may not be actually the size of his cock but the other features of his physical body. So he lets the thought go and doesn’t create any problems but while in bed he’s asking her why is that every guy that you stop at seems to be bigger than mine. You’ve always said that I was too big, the wife tells him that she really didn’t notice but it was the total package that she was looking at.

So that time comes where the couples meet, they go to wherever to have sex. The husband is enjoying himself with the other couples wife, just to see his wife while peeking over at her, she is enjoying the size of this of a man. The husband calls a timer and talks to the wife away from the other couple. And he says to his wife, are you OK. The wife says I am fine. So they go back to the other couple and continue. He looks over at his wife while he is playing with the other guy‘s wife and sees this guy putting on a condom and then starts fucking his wife wildly and she is enjoying every bit of it. The husband is thinking in his head what the fuck. How can this be happen. But everything continues as planned  everybody finishes up and a couple leaves and go to separate way. The husband is absolutely baffled.

He asked his wife how can you enjoy what he was doing to you when he was much larger than I but when I want to do that with you in our own home, you complain about it.  The woman cannot understand why her husband is asking her that because she just enjoyed herself. The man sitting here thinking has he been lied to the whole time.

Now some member will say that it was the newness. And it was explained this way by a member that  the man can be satisfying her completely. Her husband is probably do it everything that this man has done to his wife but the fact that the newness of a different person was bringing her to different heights. And different levels of ecstasy. Then some member will say you shouldn’t worry about anything because your wife had a good time. Stop being insecure and have insecurities about the enjoyment of sex that your wife just had with a total stranger.

To my husband and We are thinking wow, I know I would have been hurt emotionally because if I have been told something repeatedly throughout my marriage and to have my partner do something the total opposite with a total stranger and enjoy it immensely. How could I not be hurt or upset. Not angry unless I get some catchphrase or not a good explanation, that is when anger will come in. But the fact of being hurt is always considered insecurities/jealousy and we don’t take those two things fit those situations.

So can the board just explain to us how insecurities/jealousy always seems to be the catchphrase with someone is actually from our opinion just hurt or not understanding the situation. I hope that are examples even though they are somethings that we read on here from people asking questions, we’re good enough of an explanation and a situation that has brought on much discussion between my husband and I.

As I and my husband have explained on here several times. We only had one experience which did not go well. I guess that would be for another time but we appreciate all your input and we just want to say that there is one experience member that we really enjoy reading even though we disagree with him or her sometime but we really like this process input because after we agree with him or her a lot

My husband says Chicup Is a beast!!!!! That dude needs two tickets when he goes to the zoo. One to get in and One to get out!!!!!!

Julie, I always say that you are a breath of fresh air of reason and you should have your own book of one-liners that often put everybody in their seat to ponder. 

• By mk7124
      Let me begin by saying: I am a married male and my wife and I are new to the swing scene.

An observation: There seems to be a lot of single male bashing in the swingers community.

Are single women better than single guys or is it just a fact that so many men have fantasies about being with two women? Are women more inclined to fulfill their husbands fantasies? Why do so many of you think that you are doing the male a favor? Maybe he is doing your wife a favor.

I firmly believe that this whole swing thing is driven by male fantasies, therefore I am perplexed by the anti single male rhetoric.

I have also noticed one of Julie's comments about what can get a single male into a couple's door: Being well hung! Duh!

I have had plenty of discussions with mature females that really enjoy sex and ninety percent of them admit - yes it would be nice to be with a well endowed male.

Why is that? Here is a news flash: Most of us have an average penis! So, of course women are inclined to look for something different.

How many well endowed men do some of you know that actually swing? Narrows the field doesn't it? It's like being a priced bull. But you want that priced bull to be married - hmm?

Insecurity on your husband's part about losing his sweetheart to a single male. Better go with the married one - he is safer.

I think most people that swing are hypocrites.