LACeee

Certifications when account closed

I’m thinking about closing my SLS account and wondering if the certifications I’ve issued to others will be removed if I close the account completely  (versus temporarily deactivating).

I believe that you can remove certs independently.

You also might wish to edit out any important information in your profile if your concern is security.

I am curious are you lifetime or by the month?

...by the month but I’m wanting to leave the lifestyle and close my account but wasn’t sure if people I previously certified will lose their certs if I close versus deactivate. 

Ask SLS. I find that they respond promptly. Unless you don’t want to ask the rabbi if you can eat ham. 

Njbm: that’s exactly why I’m asking here first. I’m trying to avoid asking a business what happens to the info I left for the kind people I met through them prior to taking away my business.

Edited by LACeee
Change wording

Apparently SLS doesn’t know either - this is so annoying - the responder literally said I’m not sure

• Haha 2

We once had a couple exchange certs with us. When they found out we did not want to meet with them again (not compatible for us), they cancelled their cert for us. At the time, I didn’t know you could do this. Maybe SLS didn’t know either. 

We don't accept certs even if someone gives us one...who we are 'seeing' is our own business. Funny that SLS doesn't know the answer to a seemingly simple question, especially since if they really wanted to know they could just create an account, give a cert, then close the account and they would have an answer.

Sorry to hear that you are leaving, but this l/s isn't for everyone and you must do what is best for you. Good wishes in your future endeavors.

• Like 1

I currently have a cert from a single male whose profile has been deleted, so, unless you remove them yourself they will still be present.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, naughtymischief said:

I currently have a cert from a single male whose profile has been deleted, so, unless you remove them yourself they will still be present.

Thank you so much! That’s what I wanted to know. I had good experiences and wanted to make sure those kind fun people keep their certs. I know I can deactivate as an option too but was just trying to figure out what would happen so I could decide accordingly.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, GoldCoCouple said:

We don't accept certs even if someone gives us one...who we are 'seeing' is our own business.

Same with us; we explicitly say we don't give them, and expect others to NOT give them.   We don't "Kiss and Tell".

• Like 1

No certs is probably a good idea. That ship has sailed for us. 

18 hours ago, njbm said:

No certs is probably a good idea. That ship has sailed for us. 

So, what do you say to the new couples who are looking to make their first steps? 

Often, experienced couples won't consider meeting with a couple for the first time who isn't "vetted" by others; we had to reach out to friends for a one-off certification just to prove we're "real" -- and it's the only cert we have or use.

• Like 1

We never give or accept certs and say so right in our profile. It's never been a problem. If we missed out on a couple or two - so what.

• Like 1

We have 38 certs. It is confirmed that we are pretty slutty. Some people on SLS have remarked to us that they are not interested in us  because we have too many certs. Other friends of ours delete some of their certs to stay under a certain number. 

We read our certs with nostalgia. Some of them are very humorous. They are sort of a travelogue of our lifestyle voyage.  

If we see people who have been on SLS for several years without certs, we wonder about them. If a couple said they did not give or accept certs, we would give them a shot.