kc081878

Trouble communicating about sexual fantasies

My wife and I are 42, married 19 years. We are not in the lifestyle. She has 1 rule... No anal. Otherwise she is game for whatever I come up with. Not much else is off limits. Toys, Role play, sex swing, BDSM, simulated MFM/Gangbangs, sex machine, etc. 

Although we have done some pretty involved and creative role play/simulations... she says she can't imagine doing the above with others for real. If I'm honest, the reality would be a big step for me as well. Yet, I tell her I'm not opposed either.

I have found that my fetish is whatever makes her aroused in new ways. I love the nuances of her sounds and how her body responds to a new sensation. 

She says she is perfectly happy with our dynamic. I create the scene and surprise her. I even find myself sounding silly for writing this as if it were a problem. 

We are tremendously transparent, collaborative and vocal about every aspect of our lives. But when it comes to discussing fantasies, likes/dislikes, collaborating on role play, etc... my wife shuts down or becomes flippant or gets a "how soon can we get this talk over with?" type vibe. She will say,"I just don't have anything to say." 

I don't press her to share more than she wants and there are probably way more layers than can be addressed here. 

So I suppose my question is...

Are there couples that have experienced a similar dynamic in their journey and how/in what ways were they able to be more expressive?

If you are not ready to play with others, don’t do it. While exciting, it comes with risk of rejection, awkward situations, STDs, crushes and stalkers. 

You could go to a club or meet a couple with the understanding that you will only watched and be watched. You will be closer to knowing if you want to play with others.  

Thanks for the advice njbm. She did agree to let me plan a trip Desire resort last year but COVID hit so that idea fizzled out. She said she would totally be doing it for me. I was hoping that the environment would help her be more free to confidently express herself. 

The thing is, my wife is so intelligent and creative in every other venture, it makes me wonder how that same energy would look if applied to her own sexual desires.

49 minutes ago, kc081878 said:

my wife is so intelligent and creative in every other venture

This remark speaks to tremendous respect for your spouse. Bravo, it is foundational to all marriages, vanilla or otherwise. 

She seems fully content with fantasy and role play. Is there a reason for *her* to be discontent? How might she see the downside to feeling discontent? 

Suppose for a moment that she drives a perfectly safe car manufactured 12 years ago, runs fine, a few blemishes, does everything she wants it to do. You can afford to give her a brand-new whatever marque/make/model. You broach the subject, "Honey, we have the money, let's get you a new car."

In many marriages, you won't get her to do so much as a test drive without a focused plan. There will be a reason to save the money, or she will be unsure of what the best choice is, or ...  . You will get "it runs, it's paid for, it does everything I need it to do or want it to do."

On the other hand, suppose you have eaten at pretty much the same restaurants in your area for some time. There's a couple of new restaurants that have opened up. You casually suggest trying one of them for dinner. 

In many marriages, you'll be tasked with making sure they can get you in tonight while she's getting dressed. 

What's the difference in the two scenarios? Is it "getting stuck with something you might not want or need?" Is it "cost" and the inability to just walk away? Is it fear that the "old and reliable" might pale in comparison? 

• Like 1

"What's the difference in the two scenarios? Is it "getting stuck with something you might not want or need?" Is it "cost" and the inability to just walk away? Is it fear that the"old and reliable" might pale in comparison?" - Fundamental Law

She isn't the type that fakes an orgasm. And I'm not the type that needs her to for my ego sake. If she can't climax she will politely say so.  But that's not very often. So I trust it's not a fear she will find someone better. 

I would think if we got where we were to consider a real sharing or swap situation, the apprehensions would have more to do with the anxiety of logistics, safety, hygiene, unexpected emotions etc. 

However, her feelings on sex are a bit of a challenge to navigate as she is reluctant to vocalize her desires. 

I can't and don't complain much because she likes me to surprise her and that is so very fun. Perhaps that's truly how she just "let's herself go".  As I said, she is very intelligent and a researcher by heart. So it would music to my ears if one day she said, "Hey I was reading about ______ and thought you and I could talk and do  _____." 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By YZF
      Mrs YZF here. Almost a year ago we had Quita, a polymory third move in with us. It has been great. I have been into girls my whole life and so is she so it was good for me. YZF had two women when ever he wanted so it was good for him. She is the third, I am the wife. Those were the ground rules. Quita can come into our bed when ever she wants. She can sleep in our bed when she wants. She does not sleep with YZF unless I am not there. I do not sleep in another room so she can sleep with him.

She gets everything I get. She gets to spend his money. He gave her a car. She does not get to spend the night with him at my expense. Those were the rules. They were not written down or anything, they were understood.

Now this past weekend, I get booted from the room. "Something different" YZF said. Quita agreed. At least I think she agreed, the bitch does not even speak english! I can't help feeling that something is afoot here. Quita has been acting smarmy of late. I really do not know how to approach this.
    • By WeRblk2curious
      ( as of October 5th, we will no longer be newbies and offically will be at the 2year mark of being in the LS, so I will refrain from using the "Newbie needs ...." title in the postings lol)

Good Morning / Day all!

So my topic for today: People and their Hidden Agendas, or why can't people in the LS just state what they want?

So last night was our first test of seeing if we could do play solo, as the wife had a date with BF of a couple that she had interest in for a while. They have been talking through FB Messenger, and hit it off well.
      So, Yesterday they planned a date by were she would go to his place ( about an hour away), cook dinner for her, and he would let her shoot guns on his property. Then if they felt like it go dancing later on.

So we set our rules and discussed with the BF: no drinking for her ( as she is terrible at night driving and drinking and driving for her at night has had bad consequences) and that we are condom mandatory. Call first if plans change or fall through, call or text upon arrival and departure. He lives in rural part of the state about an hour from us, and about an hour from Tulsa, the next big city.

So the Mrs. goes out and has the date, leaving around 1pm yesterday.
      She texts her arrival about an hour later, all good.

Around midnight I check Find My and it says she has gone to Tulsa.
      So i figured they must have went dancing as sure there are Dance clubs in Tulsa.

About 4am the wife finally makes it back home.
      Mind you she did text when she was on her way, so no worries.
      I asked if she was ok to drive she said sure.

Upon arrival at home I ask her to unpack the date and tell what went on, just checking in.

So:

She lets me know that the date started as planned, that they had shot the guns and then he made her dinner.
      They talked and discussed lifestyle stuff and experiences. Since they had walked the length of his property
      she decided to take a shower to get cleaned up and that led to afterwards her getting a massage from him,
      which led to them having play time. He didn't abide by our Condom Mandatory rule, and she didn't do
      a Condom Check, as she said " i got lost in the moment".

As they were having dinner later, the girlfriend of the BF shows up. Well we both know that the GF leans
      heavily Bi-sexual, and is quite known for "hunting" girls within our circle of LS friends.
      So the GF suggest rather than going dancing, that the three of them go with another lady friend of hers to an LS Club.
      So they all four go to an LS club. The GF tells them "oh this club is known for Girl Gangbangs and we should see one tonight". So they go to the club and my MRS, who's never seen a Girl GangBang is intrigued.
      So they end up meeting a few other LS female friends from our circle, & the Group goes into a playroom.
      Well according to the MRS., the BF and her start playing, and then it ends with the BF leaving the MRS in the playroom with the other ladies and she ends up in the Girl Gangbang as a participant!

So, of course when I finish hearing the story, my only and one reaction is: Why did they have to lie? Why not just tell you that was their agenda from the beginning? the MRS of course is appalled at my reaction, and doesn't believe they intended to enact this from the beginning.

And yet all the signs to me are there....

My question for the group is three fold: 1. My gut says this is what it was. Am I wrong in thinking this? 2. How far do I push this in the fact that rules were broken, and how, if i should, spread the blame on this one? 3. What should I do as far as the LS friends? Cut them off? Out them for their behavior? Just never see them again.

This LS stuff will drive you crazy if you let it......