njbm

Anyone else having trouble logging into SLS?

I am tonight 2/21/21. Also, my computer said their encryption expired in November, 2020. 

Yeah. They've been having trouble much of the day. Possibly some sort of a hacker attack, or possibly just because it's a shit site.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just lucked out, but it was difficult throughout Sunday. I emailed them to ask about their long expired encryption. I bet their membership is way down due to the pandemic. Even Greco-Roman wrestling must be more popular than swinging. 

They've been having problems since the weekend. They have been updating what you get when you visit the page. Currently is now says: We expect to be online again in the next couple hours. Thank you for your patience. The SLS Team

They must have figured since so few people are actually swinging these days it's an excellent time to run long overdue system updates.

SLS in and out of service on June 6 and 7. They claim they are improving it, but it’s frustrating. 

They are in trouble somehow and have been for awhile. Technical? Financial? I have not a clue, but they have not been reliable or responsive to their customers in a very long time.

I am suggesting to everyone I talk to that they set up communication outside of SLS with anyone that they do not wish to lose track of. We use the same handle and avatar across platforms, so we are recognizable, but many are not.

Every post that I have written there suggesting this has been purged.

• Like 1

Good advice. I think it’s lights out soon. It is out now (Monday 6/5 at 8pm).

In this day and age, with all of the various "free" social media platforms and private communication avenues available, it seems to me their business model may not be sustainable.

My guess would be they have not experienced any significant top line growth is quite a long time and are mostly relying on "legacy" customers who have some "investment" in the website. And, logically, I think the pandemic was not kind to their revenue stream.

• Like 1

When you add to that all sorts of silly rules about what information you are allowed to share and who you are allowed to share it with.

On top of that they seem bent ongoing to a phone app which is a light version of the better ones out there and while doing so mess with the website by increasing the broadly cast spam from people who are on the other side of the country and do not match your profile at all.

When asked about being able to block that feature I was told "why would you want to do that" aren't you here to meet people?

It almost looks like they are trying to self destruct.

Edited by lcmim
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lcmim said:

BTW They are STILL down 8:23AM Central

They are going to have trouble attracting new customers if they are down as often as up.

We have been members for seven years. I don’t see many new members in our area over the last few years. As always, there are a lot of members who just want to see pictures of boobies and have no intent to swing.