udsarge

What kind of wheels??

I was driving down the road and had a random thought...can you tell if a person might be a swinger by the type of car that they drive?

• Haha 3

Nope. There's no 'type' identifiers for swingers. All shapes, sizes, ages, backgrounds, histories, etc.

Some years back, a close friend of the family began exploring consensual non-monogamy. He told us about it, so we told him about us being swingers. He was absolutely floored, did not expect it at all; "YOU?!?!? NO WAY!" :) You never know.

Even if you think you know, you don't.

• Like 4

People have told us we don’t look like swingers. Pencil thin mustache, smoking jacket, cigarette holder?

• Haha 3

Seems more like a spectrum. At the low end odds are the mini vans. Kasidie seems to have Jeep owners at the higher end of the spectrum. Chevy pickups skew higher while Ford F 150s trend lower. Mercedes can go either way. Bi-Mercedes. One could make a case that all wheel drive is an indicator. 4 wheels going at it... 

• Haha 1

I remember being told that people who had a VW van were pot smoking hippies that believed in free love. I don’t see many of them but I’m always looking to see who gets out of one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, NoAngels said:

I remember being told that people who had a VW van were pot smoking hippies that believed in free love. I don’t see many of them but I’m always looking to see who gets out of one. 

My brother had a VW microbus, complete with 8 track deck, flowers on the side, etc.

However, I can't say I've ever knowingly spotted him on this forum ?? ?? ??

• Like 2

You have a better chance spotting a swinger by looking for the black ring, or flamingos, or pampas grass and white rock landscaping, or a Tide box in the window (all claimed to be 'identifiers' of swingers, none of which are used). We do have three 4wd vehicles out of the five we own so maybe there's something there...(nawww).

The last time we were at our friends house, not for play even though the other two couples were part of a group that does play, we all had one thing in common, White SUVs. 

Maybe all swingers drive a white SUV. 

On 11/17/2020 at 3:41 PM, findinganswers said:

Maybe all swingers drive a white SUV. 

Mine's blue. Didn't you get the memo? Or maybe it was me who didn't get the memo...hmm. There's someone else in our neighborhood though that has exactly the same make, model, year, and color SUV. Maybe I should go talk to them...

• Like 1

On 11/15/2020 at 1:34 PM, SW_PA_Couple said:

Maybe sometimes. My wife and I drive a two-seat roadster that has a registration plate that reads WE PLAY. That two-word combination would mean very little to a person not swinger. But a couple saw us sitting at a bar and came over to ask, "do you drive that car that has the WE PLAY plate?"  They were swingers and that hint allowed them to make a good guess.  The make, model, and color of this roadster provide, however, no hints. 

There’s a certain identifying color?

6 hours ago, bbarnsworth said:

Mine's blue. Didn't you get the memo? Or maybe it was me who didn't get the memo...hmm. There's someone else in our neighborhood though that has exactly the same make, model, year, and color SUV. Maybe I should go talk to them...

We went to a local shopping center and 90% of the vehicles parked were white, we thought we hit the jackpot. All these soccer moms all in one place. 

• Haha 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Trophy1802
      We are heading to Cuba on May 4th and will be staying at a non-lifestyle resort. As we enjoy getting together with other couples or inviting another guy to join us for some threesome fun, we are wondering if anyone has had any luck in attracting or getting the attention of potential interested play partners at non-LS resorts?

If so, does anyone have any suggestions/tips/tricks that could help us in seeing if there are other people in the LS like us that may be willing to explore the possibility of some adult fun during our stay? After all, we are sure that we are not the only LS people that frequent non-LS resorts from time-to-time.

Thanks and all the best to all Swingersboard members.
    • Guest jef
      By Guest jef
      I and my wife have come across a few couples, who we were not sure were swingers are not and we found it very difficult to break ice

I have always wondered why no one has ever thought of a few secret signals that could convey the message, signals like that of the Masonic Lodge, which are understood only by swingers. These could be simple signals which only swingers understand. This will make things easier for both parties. Signals could be such If not understood by the other couple could simply be ignored without making anything obvious. These could be universal and could be propagated by all swinger websites
    • By K&JIntimates
      I have single female friend that I've known for the last year and a half. We're pretty comfortable with each other and our kids play together on a regular basis. Over the last year I've had a couple of times when my 'playdar' has given a little bleep with her. Usually by something that she's said or a feeling that there is just something there that I couldn't quite put my finger on. You know what I'm talking about?

Today we went out for coffee and were just talking, usual stuff, and she started talking about wanting to go to an event for a "meet & greet". I haven't been around too much to social events in the vanilla world but I've never heard this term used in any other format than swinging. So I asked her if she'd ever been to a meet and greet before. It might have been the way I said it but her body language and expression was kind of like omg did I say that? She didn't know about K and I and it was a reasonable response.

She's very open minded and our relationship is good so I came out to her that K and I swing and had been to a M&G before. Come to find out that my friend, back in the days before she was married (and subsequently divorced) had led a very 'open' lifestyle. Interesting isn't it? *BEEP* *BEEP*

When I told her that K and I swing and the parameters of our interactions with others she told me she had suspected something of the kind. So I invited her to come out with us some time to the club to enjoy an evening of dancing, a little wine, and (if she met someone she was interested in) a little play. She said she'd like to, just not right now. It's a busy time for everyone and I know that she's got some complications with her ex right now so I left it at an open invite. But that's also why I invited her, a little adult down time is sometimes just what you need.

Her and I both really enjoy and respect our friendship (and that of our boys) and while we briefly discussed the possibility of a play date of the three of us we both decided that it is just that....a possibility. Why screw up a good thing? On the other hand, if our friendship takes a turn in that direction down the road it will (or will not) happen of its own accord.
    • By newbicuriouscpl
      I'm wondering if we're out socially, if there are subtle ways to tell if someone is a swinger; or if there are subtle ways we can bring up swinging without actually saying, "We are curious about swinging." That could really spread something we wouldn't be comfortable with in our area.
    • By 2chase3
      I have heard before there are key points to look for to notice Hotwives/Swinging couples in public. I consider it a myth more than anything, So I will ask the more experienced here if there is any truth in it.
      Its rumored you can usually spot a hotwife from the color of nail polish, jewelery,ankle braclelets, preference in shoe style are all indications of a Alternative lifestyle. *I know to categorize a individual from just these simple choices is a stretch to say in the least.*
      But say we entertain the thought for a moment, any idea's how to spot signs on the male as well?

Like anything most hobbies/activities have a simple sign to show interest in it.
      example: parents with kids in sports might have the football logo or whatever on their vehicle..Sure we have all seen them. Is there a global logo for swinging?lol and do you wear it publicly for the sole purpose?