Sign in to follow this  
davidh304

Anyone been to Caliente recently?

Has anyone been to Caliente in Land O'Lakes (outside Tampa) in the last few months or since it reopened?

Just trying to get a gauge for attendance now versus say pre-covid.

Was thinking of taking my girl there as she has never been anywhere Lifestyle related.  I've been to Caliente several times in the past 5 years.

It seems like a good choice as it's very laid back during the day, and as tame {or wild}as you like during the evenings or at the after parties.

Is it a ghost town?  Can you eat at the restaurant and bars still?

Is the Nightclub open?  And are the conversation pools still available for use?

Any information would be appreciated.  Thank you!

Going to write an answer to my own question.

Attended the weekend of July 24th, 2020.  The night club was closed due to COVID restrictions, which was disappointing but turned out not to be a problem at all.

Staff & employees continue to be absolutely top notch.  I haven't received the level of service I received at Caliente at anywhere but the most high end restaurant.

The entire property was clean.  I paid am extra $100.00 a day for a reserved cabanna (booked it when making the reservations).

Any food or drink purchased poolside went towards the $100 fee for the cabana.  So I would definitely recommend that for other travelers.  The cabana we had was in  the shade (not sure if they all are).  It consists of a double matress that has a tilt to it so it's like sitting in a pool chair.

The food was excellent.  The burgers had been better in the past but chicken sandwich and steaks were awesome.  I didn't drink but the bartenders worked fast and effectively.

Out of maybe 200-300 people 50-60 dressed for theme night which was Boots & Booties, a cowboy theme.

Saturday at the conversation pool was very hot and steamy bit also very classy.  No one was ride, stared or made us feel unwelcome.

On Sunday the pool was busy, and people were sociable without being instrusive.  We asked for a late check-out changing from 10am to 1pm instead.

We are not members and the room we got was dated however I am happy to report the carpet had been taken out and replaced with hardwood tile type flooring.

There was no official after party the night we were there although it's likely there were private get togethers.  SDC seemed the best way to see other attendees.  Would have liked see the new members Meet & Greets return although I'm not sure if that's audible given the current envoronment.

I give Caliente a 9/10.   A room update being the only thing that would make the experience better.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I think you just sold us on this! Mainly voyeurs, willing to swap but my guy loves people watching more than anything. This is great!

• Like 2

Update August 2023:  Club Rouge is closed.  They have effectively moved it to a villa (a 2 story town house) on property.  They moved all the equipment and furnishings to the villa.  It is very well done with lockers and ambience,  You get a golf cart or van ride to the villa from the Clubhouse.  Plenty of rooms and stylish beds. 

Plenty of condoms, mints, and towels.  When you enter your clothes have to come off.

Best part?  There is a large stylish shower that can hold 6 people easily.  I liked the Club Rouge at the Club house but the villa is just as good.

• Like 2