Tncuple

So.. it runs in the family??

Does swinging run in the family? It seems so, at least in my wife's family. My wife and I have been married since the early 80s, we began swinging with another couple after about 5 or six years, after about 3 years we began going to party's and swinging in groups. We continued until the present but not very often these days. Anyway, about 10 years ago my wife's parents were vacationing in Florida like they do every year, we got a call from her mom saying that my father-in-law was in the hospital and they had forgot his insurance cards and we needed to fax copies to them at the hospital. My mother-in-law told my wife where the cards were supposed to be, in a dresser drawer in their bedroom. We went to their house to get the cards and looked through every drawer but couldn't find them so we started looking other places. While I was looking in the kitchen my wife was looking in the bedside tables, after about 5 minutes she yelled out, hey come here a minute. When I walked in the bedroom she was sitting on the bed with a huge smile on her face looking at a stack of poloroid pictures, she said look at these. There were about 25 pics that looked like they were taken at different times and places, my in-laws were in almost every shot, they were fucking and sucking a variety of other people, each "party" seemed to have at least 20-25 people present.  To say we were shocked would be an understatement, they had always seem too uptight for anything like this. Anyway we put them back and left with the insurance cards and took care of the business. I never looked at my in-laws the same way after that.

So a few weeks ago my wife's brother died of cancer, he was in his late 50s at the time.  He left his house and his estate to my wife and their younger sister since he never married or had any kids. My wife and her sister have spent the last two weeks cleaning the house and getting rid of junk, while cleaning the large attic they found a large wooden box of Vintage Playboy magazines and about 50 VHS tapes and DVDs almost all were of Group sex and swinging along with all the Taboo series of movies about incest.  Again we were surprised but not as much as we were the first time. 

So it seems like swinging runs in my wife's family. Has anyone else ever heard of this?

My parents are very conservative and strict in their religious beliefs and very uptight on sexual things with my sister and me, so I doubt that they ever did anything like that.  I'm in a poly situation with two men and two other women, all living in one big place, sharing each other (except the guys), and having children among us.  

My sister, OTOH, has been married to the same guy for 19 years - and she cheats. Her husband knows she cheats because she "tries" to hide it, but he always finds out about it. It follows a pattern: she finds some guy to whom she is attracted, she sends off signals to him that she is available, they start an affair, her husband "finds out" (she leaves clues), they fight, they fuck, she promises it won't happen again and breaks it off with her lover, fuck buddy or whatever, which she says makes her feel "in control." After a while she gets bored, so rinse and repeat.

My sister's done this around a dozen times, and at first I thought that she was the classic marital cheater. And maybe she was in the beginning, but as time goes on I think this is a mutual game. I've seen them together after he finds out about her getting some on the side and they are more lovey-dovey, go out more, and leave the kids at our parents and go on a short vacations together. As far as my sister knows, and she's sensitive to these things, he has never cheated on her. (My sister's philosophy is to let your husband bang you anytime he wants and then demand more so there's nothing left for anyone else.) The only thing that makes me feel that this isn't the normal hotwife (or whatever you want to call it) situation is that their fights seem to be real. I've seen it get physical and he calls her a "dirty whore" and the like.

My parents do not know about my sister's sexual activities, they just know that she and her husband fight occasionally, and nowhere near the full extent of it. They think that she is virtuous having one husband/sex partner, and unlike me, only one father for her children, which is almost certainly true. I just wonder whether their relationship is stable, in that they are both good with the game that they have going on now, or that her husband at some point will have had enough (or she will run off with one of her lovers, which I doubt because she gets off breaking it off). I think he both dreads and looks forward to her meeting her next fling. Maybe he loves or maybe he hates her having sex with another man, but loves the entirety of the make up ritual afterwards. From what sis tells me, he has never had sex with another woman since they been married, and she brags she keeps it that way by keeping him "depleted."

Perhaps we got a recessive non-monogamy gene from our parents, or maybe we're just rebelling, or need sexual excitement in our lives.