enhancer

Do you ask for face pics before sharing yours?

As the title says do you ask for face pics before sharing yours when you are the one who contacts someone first?  

We find this incredibly annoying and it seems to be a pretty common thing.  If you are the ones who are interested in someone from their profile then step up and show your faces first if you want to see them.  Seems pretty simple to us.  It is what we have always done with the few people that actually have enough on their profile to peak or interest.  Which is honestly not to many.

Had another message from a couple this morning saying that they liked our profile and if we send them face pics and they like them they will send some back! Open their profile and all they have is 3 pictures of the woman’s big breasts which tell us nothing other then she is probably heavy.  Zero pictures of the guy as per usual.  Meanwhile we have tons of pictures of both of us clearly showing our body types.  Come on people do you really think other people should cater to you when you have nothing going on?  Get bent. 

These are the same kind of people that wonder why they never have any success finding other people online.  You get what you give in life.  Nothing more.

• Like 1

If we are interested in a couple online, we will trade a message or two, and then ask if they would like to exchange pics to see if a mutual attraction exists.  If they say yes, we send ours.  Usually they will send theirs in response to our inquiry.

• Like 1

If you're contemplating having sex with a couple based on a profile on line, isn't a bit of trust in order? We have face pics in our private photos on our sites. If we're interested in a couple and have had and email exchange, we'll open all of our private pictures or at least include a face picture in an email. We do expect reciprocity but we will open ours first upon request if we're interested in meeting them. We learned a long time ago not to, as the Pa Dutch say, "buy a pig in a poke" so if a couple has a nice profile, but no pictures and they want to meet us, we insist upon seeing pictures of both before we agree to a meeting.  

I am not interested when the first message we receive says "we opened our pics", husband is more indifferent.   I want to know favorite color, favorite song, where they grew up..... TEASING, but at least something inviting. :-)

By being discreet, you show your potential partners that you will value their privacy.

We do not have face pictures on our public profile. If someone contacts us, it is a minor strike against them if they show their faces before there is an agreement to meet. Once there is a time and place for meeting, we will share our face pictures if asked, and we don't hold it against the other couple if they won't show their faces before meeting. 

By the time we get around to actually meeting, we have a fairly good idea of their body type (we require g-rated body pictures) and their personalities. We've never decided not to play with people at that point because of their faces.

No way we are setting up a meeting without face pictures. We want to see who we are talking with and if they feel we are indiscreet because of that - so be it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fitlakecouple said:

No way we are setting up a meeting without face pictures. We want to see who we are talking with and if they feel we are indiscreet because of that - so be it.

We agree with this 100 percent!  In ten years of the lifestyle we have never meet anyone from online without exchanging face pics first and never will. We do feel however if they are going to be the ones to contact us first they can be the ones to send face pics first.  Just like we do.

• Like 2

We explicitly state in our profile that we'd like to see who is contacting us.   That said, we've never declined further exploration solely based on face pictures.

One of our common introductory ways of closing a first message when contacting another couple is the phrase "We're opening our photos in hopes they encourage you to reply" -- or words to that effect.

There have been only two times when another couple has decided to discontinue contact:  Once, when the woman decided she didn't like men with facial hair (which wasn't in their profile), and another time, where they both decided I looked almost exactly like her brother -- and that weirded them out to much to continue.

• Like 1

Pictures for us are of little interest. There have been couples that we have played with before we ever bothered to look at their galleries.

If a profile piques our interest we will make contact . After a bit of conversation, if they seem to be our type we will arrange to meet for dinner.(or at least we did before the lockdown)

At that point we send face pics just so that we do not have to search the restaurant or bar for people who are  trying to figure out if we are the couple that they are meeting. People always have responded in kind.

We enjoy the meetings regardless of how they pan out. We are both far more interested in the personalities than anything else.

If someone asks for face or any other pics before we agree to meet, they have, for the most part, self selected themselves out of the running.

• Like 1

If we contact someone, we usually open our pictures to them (at least some of our pictures). If someone is contacting us, we hope that they will open their pictures first. If  they don't have any pictures, we aren't opening anything. If you can't share pictures, you probably aren't going to be very good about sharing partners. While we care more about personalities than looks, if there is no attraction, then there isn't going to be any attraction.

My wife is in charge of setting things up and always ask for a fully clothed couple picture and then a FaceTime before meeting anyone. She tells me she doesn’t trust anyone who can’t send that. 

We're never been on any sites, having met the few with whom we've play in real life, so I've been ignoring this post.  It crossed my mind just now, however, that if we had been on sites posting pictures, one of my concerns several years ago when I was in my twenties would have been someone thinking that I was underage.  I look ten years younger than I am, and when your 24, looking like a 14 year old, both clothed and naked, is not a good thing if your putting yourself out there sexually.  Looking younger now is finally a good thing.

• Like 1

We open our clothed pictures to people we want to meet. We expect them to open theirs. If they don’t, game over. 

Upon meeting a couple, we sometimes realize that their pictures are from the way back machine and they claim to be younger than us when they are visibly much older. Not a good move.  

• Like 2

Njbm, That is the reason we try and have our pictures date stamped. We have some from 5-6 years ago that are still there, because we like the pictures and they show a bit of our natures. They all have a date stamp, in an effort not to mislead.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lcmim said:

Njbm, That is the reason we try and have our pictures date stamped. We have some from 5-6 years ago that are still there, because we like the pictures and they show a bit of our natures. They all have a date stamp, in an effort not to mislead.

We have had a couple of experiences where people were middle aged on SLS and in their pictures and elderly when we met them in person. Not sure who they think they are fooling. We understand that most people a lot younger than us would not be interested. We are not one trick ponies and we are open to appealing playmates. Just level with us. 

• Like 2

Strangely, all pictures of anyone are from when they were younger.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Numex said:

Strangely, all pictures of anyone are from when they were younger.

6 months ago or ten years ago? I will say that we are over sixty and play with people in our general age bracket. Then we meet couples we last saw 2 or 3 years ago. Some look great, some look the same, some are unrecognizably worse. Time can take a toll. Although in our minds, we all look like we did at 32. 

• Like 2

I have noticed on Tinder the first picture will be younger and as I scroll through I see men age before my eyes. I get a younger picture may show your nature but prefer the first picture be a current one. When I was on SLS I had a picture that had the smile showing but not fully recognizable. A local couple had contacted me but didn’t have pictures up for “privacy” reasons and insisted there must be a problem that I couldn’t open their private ones. They offered to email them to me if I couldn’t wait. That was a flag I passed on.