Ranman5568

New to Lifestyle. How Do You Approach People at Campgrounds?

Hi we are fairly new to the lifestyle and really new to RV'ing, which brings me to me question if you are say in a nudist camp how do you approach people to see if the are active in the lifestyle? Thanks Randy and Phyllis

So far as I'm aware (being that I've never been to one, only read about them), most nudist camps are not receptive to swingers. I'd check with the camp to make sure that such things are acceptable, and only then proceed ahead. As to how to ask, you can always walk up and say "Hey! Wanna ****?" :) No seriously, I would think it would be like any other interaction at a meet and greet. See if there's some compatibility, and then as discussion progresses ask them if they're in the lifestyle. There's no trick to it. Just ask.

• Like 3

We were at Caliente ( a nudest community north of Tampa) about 6 years ago and spent a pleasant afternoon by the pool with an attractive equally naked early 50's couple. We chatted, laughed, shared a couple of adult beverages and had a pleasant afternoon. By about 3:00 pm, the early summer sun had become brutal and Mrs Doc was feeling frisky. She reached across and started to caress the other husbands thigh and said, "its getting REALLY hot out here, would you two like to take the party back to our room"? You'd have thought we had offered to kill and bbq their dog for dinner. The other wife said "we didn't know you were swingers" as she snarled a "no thank you" and dragged her husband to the other side of the pool. In retrospect, we should have been more direct earlier as suggested above. I think in a mixed setting (nudist & swinger) it's important that you're up front early. We've found that nudists are less open and way more judgmental than swingers who are comfortable being naked in public.

• Like 3

I understand your response padoc, and your need to know how to approach this information gathering, Ranman, however there is no fixed answer to your question Ranman.

I have experienced both a rebuke, and a receptive need position during the information gathering to break the ice so to speak about the feelings being like or not like in intent with lifestyle positions. Example: Both of the two examples occurred at different nudist camps in different states. First time I was tent camping and the second day or so a wonderful fit couple arrived and set up camp next to my tent. Both were very attractive and lovely nude. They were very friendly and we talked about the day, and where we were from, and where they were from etc., niceties, of first time meeting. we all four parted and got back together early evening and just before dark we all 4 of us, roasted hot dogs at there camp site, fire pit , and had a beer or two, and just talked. We all 4 were totally nude. After it was totally dark we sat by the fire and continued to talk about growing up and about our home towns etc. Then the entire conversation turned to some sharing about how we all became nudists and about our experiences being nudists, and erotic conversation was part of the conversation. so in a very relaxed way we all started to explain our thoughts on erotic feelings and practices. It all lead to stimulation and then to conversation about what erotic feeling we all each liked to enjoy and then the other lady and my wife were laughing and teasing us males. This all lead to my wife and I feeling eachother and they did the ssame, and after we started to do more erotic with our spouse his wife felt my wife and said do you ever share erotic contact and feel open to it now. My wife explained we did and we found out they did also. Needless to say we males switched tents for the entire evening and we were totally immersed in a dance of wonderment and sharing that was separate tent but open, and showing, each other, each share embrace as we watched the swap, open and erotic, as it play out. It was lovely and lasted all night on into the early morning. We all 4 swapped again after breakfast for a hour or more. Was lovely and open.

The second encounter was during a visit to another nudist camp, and it culminated with me helping a older couple put storm windows in their on premise cabin that took like 5 hours from a vacation day. After the task was completed, the husband left to golf with his friend leaving me with my wife and his wife. We sat in there kitchen and had some tea, and then chatted with her at length. Time was no object a slow conversation bout everything and anything, and the cabin was a one room cabin with a bed and kitchen table all in plane site. I got a second cup of tea and sat on the bed and we continued to chat all 3 of us, and I asked my wife and the alternate lady to sit on the bed with me and that is when we were rebuked. The alternate women said she is not a hussy, and was not going to sit on the bed with me or my wife. She went on to say she would not conduct such start of hussy contact with sitting on the bed with us, as she did not do that ever and that we were not welcome to do that and she wanted us to leave. We left post hast. However all was fine as I put all the storm windows in, however, and I was a scoundrel to suggest adult pleasure. She went on to say it is morbid and not something that should be shared.

Two different approaches to the same stimulation to adult share pleasures. Go Figure.

• Like 1

The thing, one of many things, that I have learned about being in the lifestyle is that it makes you a more friendly, more outgoing person. You don’t know whether the couple at the campground or the guy who sits next to you at a bar is a swinger or not so you simply say hi and ch at if he or they chat, flirt if they flirt and see where it goes. That’s the only advice I can offer on campgrounds other than take mosquito spray and sun screen.

While most swingers are also nudists, it does not mean that most nudists are also swingers. The only way to find out is to politely ask. There is no 'secret code' or handshake.

• Like 1

While most swingers are also nudists, it does not mean that most nudists are also swingers. The only way to find out is to politely ask. There is no 'secret code' or handshake.

Some swingers wear black rings. You didn’t learn the secret hand shake?

• Like 1

Swingers secret handshake?? Maybe. We were at Haulover Beach one Memorial Day weekend and met an attractive couple about our age in the water. The other wife was wearing a Trapeze hat which was a dead give away that they were swingers. We chatted away part of the afternoon and discovered we were both going to the club that night. We had a drink with them there and chatted a bit more. The wife looked just as good in club clothes as naked. We kind of lost track of them and didn't play that night. We went back to the same general location at the beach on Sunday and they were there as well. The wife got up and hugged us, the husband stood up as well and shook my hand. Mrs Doc noticed that, likely due to sunscreen, he had more than a little bit of sand on his cock. As he approached her to offer a hug, she reached out with one hand, gently taking his cock in her right hand while softly brushing the sand off with her left. He said, "Wow! That's some hand shake". He had a bit of a chubby for most of the rest of the day in part because she somehow found more grains on it several times as the afternoon passed. We did play with them at the club that night and a few times over the next few months until they moved to NC. They were a lot of fun!

• Like 4

Some swingers wear black rings. You didn’t learn the secret hand shake?

Wait, what? Black ring? Explain? I've never heard of this before. A co-worker of mine wears a black ring. Now you have me distinctly curious :)

Three things about the LS.

First, there is no reliable way to discern a swinger from a vanilla without someone asking/telling. This is one reason why swinger resorts exist. Someone has to ask. No means no. No thank you means no. Maybe means no. Yes means yes. Get used to a great deal of no. Occasionally nudists will bristle, but that's the exception--they know that running around naked is an alternate lifestyle, and there is some overlap among the lifestyles. See the third item.

Second, naked does not imply LS even in a nudist environment. Many nudists are just that, G-rated nudists. Their conduct would pass muster at a church social--except for the nakedness.

Third, some nudists eventually do cross over to "the dark side" and join the LS. We were/are in that group. Swinging is out of the question until it's situational. And then it's no longer out of the question.

And, even at a swinger resort, about 1/3 of the folks don't play, so don't assume anything. My wife and I hung out with a couple at the hot tub at Desire. Thirty minutes into the conversation they say 'oh, we don't play, we just like being around sexy, open-mindeed people'. Fair enough, but really glad we did not overstep.

You should check out PartnersID.com they are a company that makes swinger jewelry. We have met quite a few people who wear the jewelry over the past few years. They also have a black ring with the swinger symbol engraved on it. Much like the Trapeze hat, easy to know another swinger when they are wearing it.

blackring.jpg

• Like 1

I thought the swinger symbol was this:

flat,1000x1000,075,f.u3.jpg

Here's a short article about 'other' swinger symbols. Personal favorites are garden gnomes, pink flamingos, papas grass (I tore out a bunch when we moved into our current home...I guess the previous owners were also swingers) and "your neighbor will never open their garage door until they're in the car with the doors closed". The one exception is hot tubs. It IS a requirement to either have a boat or a hot tub to be a swinger :lol:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/3701254/signs-of-swingers-plants-rings-flamingos/

• Like 1

I read an article somewhere that the swinger named their WiFi "We are swingers" and had a pineapple in their RV window and some went further and had their campsite number in it.It wouldn't be too difficult to get to the general area and figure out who it was. I haven't found one.....yet but I always look. I am guessing it would get quite a few people checking out your camping spot.

• Like 1

I see this question so much and I personally cannot understand why it's an issue. I mean  I'm absolutely clueless when it come to the actual play... but how do you approach? 

I think just having that question is ridiculous. How do you approach? Judt as you would if they were not swingers at a nudist camp. Be you. Just by approaching them and starting a conversation doesn't obligate anyone to be anything more than friendly. 

Being genuine an sincere allows you to have no pressure of any expectations. You dont know what could happen but if you are too busy thinking about that  then your not giving the right here, in the moment time they deserve. 

Idk does any of thst make sense?

• Like 2

I have seen the black ring as a swinger signal come up before. I was out recently and saw some mood rings for sale. Black supposedly means stressed. Perhaps that is an explanation for Prince Harry’s black ring.

• Like 1

From what I have read, Prince Henry's ring is an Oura Ring — a sleep and activity tracker that identifies various stages of sleep and connects to an app on your smartphone that shares your data. The titanium ring comes in two different styles and four colors. Harry is wearing the Heritage style in black which retails for $299. He also wears it on his right hand (aka the 'swinger' hand) since he wears his wedding ring on his left.

I think I responded to something similar before, but I'll explain how we do it. We do this at all RV parks, not lifestyle related. We have a WiFi extender in our RV. My husband named it something like "FullSwap Swingers" and he adds our site # when we get settled. So, anytime anyone goes to connect to the site Wifi, ours comes up on the list of available. It's Pword protected so they can see it but not connect. e also put magnetic bumper stickers on our truck that say we are swingers. It has worked and it's a lot of fun watching the parade of people that wander around trying to see what swingers look like! lol

Anything that has been identified as a swinger symbol displayed alone ( for instance a pineapple flag) or multiples (flag and an sls bumper sticker, pol;y symbol, mars/venus/mars) will clue in the observant and interested to your camp. Be friendly , invite for cookout and let the conversation lead where it will. Odds are they will be the ones to ask you. Problem solved.

5 hours ago, FullSwapCLT said:

I think I responded to something similar before, but I'll explain how we do it. We do this at all RV parks, not lifestyle related. We have a WiFi extender in our RV. My husband named it something like "FullSwap Swingers" and he adds our site # when we get settled. So, anytime anyone goes to connect to the site Wifi, ours comes up on the list of available. It's Pword protected so they can see it but not connect. e also put magnetic bumper stickers on our truck that say we are swingers. It has worked and it's a lot of fun watching the parade of people that wander around trying to see what swingers look like! lol

I remember you saying that. I wish I had a nickel for everytime I have repeated it! We haven't had the motorhome out since the world stopped turning. But our 1st outing is going to be a campground with WiFi. I can't wait to test it out. I plan on starting pretty vanilla and go from there. We have to be careful in the part of the country were we live. If you have 2 Mormon people in the campground I guarantee it won't end well..... for us.