ionsawmill

Got snipped this morning: my vasectomy play-by-play

Got to my urologists office about 9:30 in the morning. He was tied up with a prostate surgery, so he was delayed about an hour. The nurse had me undress from the waist down, and wrap up with a sterile drape. I had taken my pre-procedure meds (cephalexin and Valium) at 9:00, so the delay gave the Valium time to start working. I was pretty relaxed by the time the doc came in. He rinsed my whole groin area with some kind of sterile solution (betadine, I think) and tucked some sterile towels around my scrotum. I tended up when he put the first shot of lidocaine in, but the pain wasn’t any worse than a wasp sting. From that point on, I felt no discomfort. We actually had a conversation while he was working: talked about Star Wars, vacations, driving in snow, etc. One of my vas deferentia was thinner than the other one, and so we talked about it as he cut it, cauterized, and sewed up the proximal end. I’d opted for an open-ended vasectomy, so he only cauterized the distal (testicle) end of the cut. Once he had the left side done, he repeated the procedure on the right. As before, only brief pain with the injection, and after that nothing. Once everything was sutured up with dissolvable sutures, he told me I could shower Saturday morning. No lifting of anything over 5 pounds. Frozen peas and bed rest for a couple of days and Ibuprofen every 4 hours for a week, whether I felt like I needed it or not. No ejaculating for ten days. After that, I have to ejaculate 12 times before I bring his office a sample. He wrote me a scrip for Norco 10, but my pain so far (6 hours later) isn’t any worse than a headache, and not nearly as bad as my osteoarthritis.

I’ve been on the fence about this myself. Appreciate the play by play, but I’d think a wasp sting on the nut would still be rather uncomfortable. Definitely looking into getting this done before much longer.

The difference between this and a wasp sting is that the pain went away almost immediately. After that initial stick, the lidocaine took effect and from that point on, it was just pressure. He did the whole thing through one incision, so it wasn’t bad at all. I’m 8 and a half hours out, with no visible swelling or bruising.

Merry Christmas! Not how I would choose to spend vacation time, but each to their own.:lol: I had mine one 10 years ago. Very similar experience. Little to no discomfort at all. Didn't care to the quick smell of the cauterization :flamthro: Was up and around in 2 days. Never took any pain or other meds as I don't do meds.

Compared to any female methods, so simple and with so much lower risk.

I have noticed reduced ejaculate, quantity which is a bit of a bummer, but maybe that's an age thing as well. Any thoughts?

did he have to write a script for the 12 times of masturbation?

Ha! Kind of. It’s on my discharge orders that I received when I left his office. It says “12 ejaculations” so I guess it’s dealer’s choice. But if I choose to do it with my wife, we still have to use a condom until I’ve been checked twice and been certified “seedless.”

Merry Christmas! Not how I would choose to spend vacation time, but each to their own.

It had to do with the timing of our insurance deductible. By getting it in before the year’s end, we saved $900.

I have noticed reduced ejaculate, quantity which is a bit of a bummer, but maybe that's an age thing as well. Any thoughts?

Not sure. I’m not exactly a gusher when it comes to ejaculate volume, so I don’t know that I’ll notice any difference. We shall see in ten days. Well, nine now.

Well, I didn’t make it ten days before ejaculating, but it’s not my fault. I had a wet dream early this morning.