shay.vidas

DIY SYBIAN STEP - I - Research and Development

my \Never going to work Sybian idea is getting ahead.. I ordered some parts.

in short, I'm going to try and build my own Sybian, or Sybian equivalent for under 200 USD. or so.

it's not going to look pretty but hey... it's a project.

Possible Version 1, but super hard to do:

I know how the original Sybian works, by having a pretty big motor, with a belt that transfers the rotation to a screw,

that screw is connected not symmetrically to another screw, that (since they are not centered), rocks that main platform up and down,

since that platform sits on 4 springs, that platform rotates even more.

here is more or less the original Sybian Design.

theotherway.jpg

i could talk about it quit a lot but i'll keep that to a reply to this post otherwise it will get way way too big.

Version 2, that I think I'll go for it

build a simple platform on 4-6 pretty hard springs (have no idea where to find them yet.. but hey.. it's the idea)

idea2.jpg

Then mount between 2 to 3 double-sided 6-24v vibrating motors,

like this motors >

s-l1600.jpg

and it will look like this (just imagine the blue blocks is the motors) >

motors.jpg

then build an outer shell around all of this...

outer-shell.jpg

and that's it... that's the vibrating unit..

then I'll put the Sybian attachment on top of it.. same as u would put it on the Sybian... the outer Sybian is really not the main problem.

the problem I have with this build

is will the springs be enough to hold that platform in place and not let it fly all over the place...

and the 1,000,000 dollar question is.. will this vibration be strong enough... as a Sybian can get pretty strong... that's all the point I guess otherwise just buy a magic wand and that's it...

just build the outer shell around it

some hard foam... some leather.. and pretty much done... I guess..

***All of that I'm doing while leaving a room for a possibility of another simple spinning motor from the bottom, just like the Sybian. (but that's phase 2, I don't want 2 motors on the start)

I don't know if it's even a good idea,

I don't know how much power these 6-24v motors hold,

and if I'll stack 2 or 3 of them will it increase it to 3 times stronger or just create more vibrations...

really it's phase one..

if that system will work. it's a sub 40 USD system so really .. not a lot to lose here.

it's an idea...

any thoughts ?

someone?

Good luck with that! Unless you're some kind of engineer, my guess is that in the end, you can find one that works and may be only slightly used for what it will cost you in parts, labor and time to basically invent and build one from the ground up.

• Like 1

padoc said:
Good luck with that! Unless you're some kind of engineer, my guess is that in the end, you can find one that works and may be only slightly used for what it will cost you in parts, labor and time to basically invent and build one from the ground up.

I 100% agree with you, I did however looked on ebay for a used motor bunny or something equivalent, and the only match I found didn't deliver worldwide,

they don't popup so often I think. If someone has here a used motorbonny he wants to sell I'm open for it hehe

I'm sure it will be a catastrophic fail... but hey .. it's a project it keeps me occupied.

I promised also the first sulotion

that means option number 1.

actually build a sybian \ motorbunny mechenizem

the build itself there is pretty simple might i say even more simple then optin 2 that i'm going for now.

the problem (and tha'ts the problem with most sybian builders ever in history)

is that bloody offset axes..

it's a motor with a belt the spins an axel.. it's not that hard to do

but what gives the bunny or sybian for that regards

the optino to go up and down

is that the axel is offset in the middle of it

Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 9.49.39.jpg

t725.jpg

then when the axel turns... it moves the thing tha'ts connected to it up and down

and then it creates... Vibration...

problem is that this axels dont really exist...

and to make them like machine them would cost around 400-500 usd. from what i gathered around

so i'm thinking of a way on how on earth i'm going to make one of these...

i thought about putting a normal rod like inside a bigger tube.. and then connect it and fill it from the inside somehow

but really i dont have any welding knowledge... or equipment

and then i thought, why not try something like that from wood but i racon wood will break pretty easily on that stress

so really tha'ts where i'm stuck there

that shaft is a bit problem that stops me from doing that..

(1 out of 213492374 problems, but the first one i encounter)

the machenizel itslef is something like that... it's not the hard part

8354141483047904133.jpg

As far as I know, the sybian vibrates and has a rotating attachment. There’s no up/down motion which seems to be the only complaint some have with it - they also want thrusting.

Or have I misunderstood what you’re trying to replicate?

cplnuswing said:
Really interesting discussion, looking forward to how it turns out!

We've got several other threads here where someone has tried their own build. Might be some useful ideas or tips in them to use with your approach.

Sybian opinions and homemade DIY plans

DIY Saddle Vibrator

oh wow the 3d printed one looks sooo professional!

I don't know if I could make one like that... mostly because I don't have a 3d printer.

wow really impressive!