njbm

How often do you test for STDs?

We do it annually or after an encounter that we have questions about.

• Like 1

We use a private company and pay for the blood test ourselves. That way we keep the results private. Everyone in the lifestyle should be tested.

• Like 2

We did it once when our group of couples first formed and we decided to be closed to any outside play and be bareback among ourselves. When we've had other couples join our group, they couldn't play until they were tested twice months apart. We were all retested at those times.

• Like 2

Part of the annual physical. They are drawing blood for other tests, just add in the STDs, insurance covers it.

Part of the annual physical. They are drawing blood for other tests, just add in the STDs, insurance covers it.

That’s what I did. I was afraid to ask my doctor and felt silly asking. The nurse just added it to the scrip for my blood test with no questions asked.

I am thinking or hoping that some of the others we play with are getting tested and even more if someone test positive would let others know.

• Like 2

Early in our lifestyle career, a couple called us to tell us that they both contracted HSV2. My wife previously played with the husband at a party. A condom was used.

We were very nervous, but fortunately tested negative. Almost hung up our lifestyle career. Always admired that couple for disclosing.

• Like 2

We do it annually or after an encounter that we have questions about.

Same with you, annually. I practice strict protocols when swinging but sometimes, when too intense or there is suspicion of protection breakage, I do go for testing immediately. My bf used to be a swing partner so when we started a relationship, I voluntarily subjected myself to testing and handed him the result. He followed and did it too. With his permission, I shared both results to my SO since he is a stakeholder too. Even if my sexual life with bf has become independent, info on sexual health is being shared. I realized having a bf has now shifted the regular testings from STIs to pee sticks! :-)

• Like 1

When we came home after our vacation where we had our first experience we discussed getting tested. That first couple told us they were brand new to this too. That first night alone with a man for the first time I didn’t know how to broach the subject of protection.

When we had our conversation at home we said to wait. We were sure all was good and if there were signs we would get checked. For me everything that was not totally normal got me scared. An itch, was my urine different, was I dying? My husband’s ejaculate was different, taste, amount, color.

We let things go. Later on we realized our friends were playing more. We talked know they don’t play safe. We needed to be checked and we didn’t want to get our doctor involved.

We went to a walk in and used our insurance. I’m positive it’s in our medical records now and I say our family doctor knows. We worried that first time even after the results were negative. How long do things incubate.

We don’t have a schedule of how often, we don’t play often. We still play stupidly without precautions. We still worry after and have been tested about a month after playing.