coastalcpl

Moving to upstate NY..

We are heading up to upstate New York (north of Albany) and would like to know what adult dating site people use in that area. We use SDC here in FL and know most of the dating sites seem to be regional. Thanks in advance. :)

SLS, I would say. Not a highly populated area, so may be a little sparse for lifestyle population.

• Like 1

SLS, I would say. Not a highly populated area, so may be a little sparse for lifestyle population.

Thank you. We were kind of thinking the same.

Wow. Florida to north of Albany, New York? You just might thaw out in time for Fall 2020 :) It's true; depending on where you are, if you're far enough north to get into the North Country, then the population really thins out. Albany metro area is over a million in population, so I guess it depends on how far north you're going. If you're far enough north, then Burlington, Vermont might be your best bet. There's a ferry that crosses over Lake Champlain. The Adirondacks are an exceptionally beautiful part of the country.

• Like 3

I recommend fleece over down. It's a wet snow. Get an REI co-op membership and make the most of the outdoor life.

Wait, that wasn't the question, was it?

• Like 2

I agree, SLS is probably your best bet for that area. As far as we know, there aren't any clubs north of Albany. There is a large group of swingers in CNY around Syracuse that hold regular get togethers. If you're moving to the Adirondacks, you'll probably have to bring your own playmates, the area IS beautiful but sparsely populated. Before you think about getting laid, visit Bass Pro Shops or Cabbalas, and Ace Hardware. You're going to need serious cold weather gear, a snow shovel and a snow blower. I had in laws in Madison County and spent a lot of time at family stuff upstate over the holidays. I was always glad to go home, even eastern Pa was better in winter than upstate NY.

• Like 2

It is a beautiful area, but we are not winter fans. Summer is great up there. I recall canoeing on Lake George as a child with my father. Went to Fort Ticonderoga, still have my tri-cornered hat 50 years later.

Keep in mind that you are pretty close to Montreal, Canada which is a little bit of France in North America. Also, Saratoga Springs is a beautiful town, please visit it.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the bleak outlook. Lol very familiar with the area as it is where the male half grew up. SPAC and the track in the summer along with the lake. Winter tubing and skiing at West Mountain. We do need to pick up the cold weather gear though. We don’t think the shorts and flip flops will hold up through winter...ha ha We will try SLS and maybe some of the places that replaced online adds like Craigslist.

• Like 3

We are west of you. Traveling 200 miles to Harrisburg TJ's impressions. First time. Hoping that it is worth the drive.

I haven't had any contacts in the swingers in upstate NY for a number of years, but there were quite a few in the Ithaca area as well as a regular group that did a hotel takeover in Corning that I attended, a good time was had. But as the others have said, what the hell! Taxes are terrible and the laws are worse, I sold my property up there even though I had 15 beautiful acres between Ithaca and Watkins Glenn.