shy_couple

SLS Hot Date...What happened?!?!

SLS site is not always user friendly. Not wild about the updated chats. Email function especially when accessing the site from a mobile device. (I won’t install

The App because I don’t want anyone to see it and do most browsing in Private mode.)

Looked at Hot Date for events this coming weekend and it’s all goofy. No more events, only a handful of postings near me(that can’t be right). Zero events?!?! Even when directed to the events page. Come on, we do mostly clubs, house parties, and the occasional hotel party and rarely meet 1:1 these days. Come on, bring it back or make it more user friendly again.

• Like 2

SLS site is not always user friendly. Not wild about the updated chats. Email function especially when accessing the site from a mobile device. (I won’t install

The App because I don’t want anyone to see it and do most browsing in Private mode.)

Looked at Hot Date for events this coming weekend and it’s all goofy. No more events, only a handful of postings near me(that can’t be right). Zero events?!?! Even when directed to the events page. Come on, we do mostly clubs, house parties, and the occasional hotel party and rarely meet 1:1 these days. Come on, bring it back or make it more user friendly again.

It is not like SLS really gives a care.

• Like 1

Had not visited Hot Date in a while. Looks like you're right; events are no longer appearing on the hot-date calendar. I had to chuckle when I saw the new footnote, "Please note: Items on this calendar may take up to 5 minutes to appear." Did you wait your five minutes? I didn't. I have better things to do with my time.

Regarding the message/chat business, neither messages nor chats can be viewed on a mobile device. The most recent message is off the bottom of the frame and scrolling is not possible. The SLS people have definitely made some poor decisions.

• Like 1

We usually use our phones to access sls site, my wife has used the laptop for it a few times but mainly our mobile devices. I’ve never used their chat option so we don’t miss it. We get IM’s and of course they did away with mail. Hot date section is a hot mess. Downloaded the app yesterday. Looks cool and easy to navigate, until you realize it’s missing half of the shit on the site. “Who viewed me” on the site has everybody that viewed our profile, missing half of them on the app. Sorry for rambling, yes I agree, they’re really screwing up that site.

• Like 1

Yes we agree the site has been made less user friendly. As for the Hot Date not showing much, go up and look for the "change location" button, there once you put in a different distance, you will be able to see dates further from your location. As for the "Please note: Items on this calendar may take up to 5 minutes to appear." mentioned on the site. They mean that once you create a hot date yourself, it may take 5 minutes before it's in the system. But yes some people have just sat and waited 5 minutes to see if the content updated.

• Like 1

Okay, glad it’s not just us.

Great value for lifetime membership but not sure that are spending their money wisely to upgrade the site. Sometimes less is more.

I’m glad someone mentioned the new chat function. I thought it was my phone with large text preventing me from seeing the last message. At least IM works on the phone now but much prefer email.

Okay, glad it’s not just us.

Great value for lifetime membership but not sure that are spending their money wisely to upgrade the site. Sometimes less is more.

I’m glad someone mentioned the new chat function. I thought it was my phone with large text preventing me from seeing the last message. At least IM works on the phone now but much prefer email.

S L S used to be a great site. Now they are intentionally and against the will of many members deleting and screwing up features. There are only two things that lifetime members have at their disposal to effectively register protest, as writing to the admins and posting in their forums have no effect.

1. Cease recommending S L S.

2. Block your profile from NON members. You can not communicate with them anyway anymore , and cannot even mention other means of communication in your profile. What that means is that your profile and pictures are ONLY bait to lure in new members,and provide no benefit to you.

Ouch. Didn’t know there was such hate for SLS. We love the site, have been members for years, just not happy with some of the changes they are making recently. Innout opinion, change should be for the better, not worse.

As for the comment above, I miss the days when free members could look at 15 profiles per day and send/receive 5 emails, and use chat. However, it wouldn’t bother me to block unpaid members because for the most part, they are free single males looking to get something for nothing.

Fortunately I did not invest in a lifetime membership. I did upgrade to a paid membership for six months when the rules changed and that was the only way to communicate with other members. My inbox filled with too many “want to fuck” messages for me to bother, it seems SLS is happy for anyone’s money, so I happily deleted my profile forever after my membership expired. SLS is not unicorn friendly.