MadlyInLuv

Swinger Chat App to Replace Kik

Kik has been the unofficial standard to connect with people on swinger sites. I know most vets don’t bother chatting much, but it is a good way to coordinate a first meeting or stay in touch with people in a world where privacy is never very secure.

Kik shuts down tomorrow.

Does anyone know what app everyone is thinking of going to to fill the gap? The chat functions on SDC and SLS are awful.

It's a small sample, but there was a poll in r/Swingers on Reddit a couple days back when the news about Kik was announced, and based on that poll a large number of people seem to be looking at MeWe as a replacement. I checked it out but I feel for us it's a bit bloated if all you need is a chat app. For now we (and some of our friends) have switched over to Telegram while we wait to see what the LS determines to be the "default" platform going forward.

• Like 1

I never liked kik groups. It was very clicky and snotty at times. I’d have to really be comfortable with someone to attempt any kind of chat conversation. Kik gone than another chat app will just take its place (hopefully which allows for secure and private communication). Some Facebook groups will lose a lot of connections once it gone too.

I never liked kik groups. It was very clicky and snotty at times. I’d have to really be comfortable with someone to attempt any kind of chat conversation. Kik gone than another chat app will just take its place (hopefully which allows for secure and private communication). Some Facebook groups will lose a lot of connections once it gone too.

I’m not sure how you were using Kik, but we would connect on the site (SLS or SDC), move the 4 way conversation over to Kik to coordinate meeting and just to get to know each other better, and then meet. We didn’t go out there joining large groups. It was literally just us and the other couple chatting....

• Like 1

MeWe is awful. It isn't even a good replacement for Tumblr. Something will hopefully step in to fill the void...if only I was still hacking code.

A quick follow-up. It would appear that the Kik shutdown will be happening on October 19th. I had a link to share but apparently I'm too new to post it. A quick Google search for "Kik October 19th" will serve up a bunch of references for you.