Hey everyone! I'm new on here, but I thought I'd ask everyone's opinion on something. I want to try to open my own swingers, adult resort in Texas. Now this place would have 5 to 6 beds and baths with a pool overlooking a lake. This would be an all inclusive package-including the ride to and from the airport. There would be hostess on site to meet any thing you need. Also you would be able to walk nude inside or outside except in the kitchen and during meal times. What else would y'all expect to be available at this resort?

It does sound small, which could be good for a group takeover kind of situation where everybody already knows everybody. For that scenario, based on the on-site amenities, unless the view is just fantastic or something, I'm not sure people would be willing to pay a whole lot for that just to get a pool since someone in the group probably already has one. What's available for day tripping? If there are some good attractions nearby, that would help.

The other scenario would be couples that aren't part of a group. With just four or five other couples there, all complete strangers with no vetting whatsoever, we wouldn't consider our odds very good at all on finding someone compatible. Just not enough to choose from. That goes back to the amenities too. If you don't find much in common with the others to the point of you really don't even want to be around them, then what? A large enough place you can find your own space just to relax together, but if your choices are limited to being in your room by yourself or being out by the pool with people you don't want to be around, then that doesn't sound like much fun.

Not trying to be a downer, I think it has some amount of potential, but if the key marketing thing is it's for swingers, then you are going to have to figure out what to offer them that they can't already get at home or a friend's house, and that means a fairly large group of like-minded people.

You've got to think too that once you market it for swingers, then you are pretty much eliminating getting other vanilla bookings for when you don't have any swingers there.

• Like 1

My wife and I stayed at a place in New Mexico that has ten rooms and that is advertised as a resort but is supported primarily by groups of people who already know each other by way of Facebook, SLS, or other social media. When a lifestyle group is interested, the owner/operator will reserve a block of consecutive days anywhere within a span of three to thirty. The group we were with had twelve days.

In talking to the owner, he said that he would starve if he marketed only to swingers. He manages to book about three groups of swingers each year. The remainder of the time is for hunting groups, skiers, fishermen (there is a nearby, yearly contest). When not hosting a swingers’ group, he will accept single reservations. He has a fully-equipped kitchen but some groups are not interested in food service so he uses one of two local caterers who can use his kitchen for making breakfast, lunch, and or dinner.

• Like 1

LOL, I was also wondering what's up with the picture.

We went to a small swinger place (home?) in St. Tropez a few years ago. There were about 10 couples there, we knew no one, not sure what we were thinking... Luckily there was plenty of other things to do so we spent as little time there as possible. Like others have pointed out, too few couples to choose from.

Unless there is some kind of hook, hot spring, private beach front, destination etc, I think it will be too small to be profitable or so cost prohibitive that you'd seriously limit your potential customers. We would not travel to a swingers venue where there would be only 5-6 unknown couples, sight unseen. Our leisure time is limited as is our disposable income. If we are going to go to a place, we'd like a reasonable chance for success. I don't think your concept would offer that. Oh! and I agree, lose the picture, its borderline creepy.