njbm

Our first Nawty in Nawlins

Just got back. Anyone else attend? We found it disappointing. We attended a number of events. Did not find people friendly. Hardly met any new people. Playrooms had limited hours. We like to play in the afternoon, playrooms were not generally open. Hard to find and figure things out as a first timer. Well, New Orleans was fun.

No, we have never been. That has sort of been on our bucket list though, so discouraging to hear that maybe it isn't as good as we thought it would be. Any more details on likes and dislikes you want to share? Were people not friendly because it's a regular crowd and cliques have formed, or was the whole event sort of disappointing to everyone and so that put things in an off mood or what?

I think the flaw lies in a lack of central places to meet people. On the Bliss cruises, we meet people at meals and in the pools or hot tub. At Nawty, you could meet people in the lounge of the hotel or at an evening party. I am shy at those parties, not my best venue.

We went to two seminars. No one talked to us. We went to a couples massage class. Ditto. We went to naked Speed dating with about 20 couples. Can’t say we were highly motivated to pursue anyone and no one pursued us.

We are 60ish, my wife is pretty and in top 1% shape for her age. I think my appearance is above average for our age. I look more intellectual than party animal. But we generally felt invisible. We would say hi to people in passing and generally they did not say hi back.

I did not have high expectations for this event. We knew two couples there, we did socialize with them. But we did not get close to playing with anyone. We like to know our partners a little first, so we are not the go to the playroom and roll onto a stranger type.

Cannot really explain our lack of success.

We've not been to NIN and most likely will not go for the reason you noted...lack of central places to meet people. We've been on a number of lifestyle cruises as well as several trips to Desire. And they were all better than hotel takeovers in our mind. We did the Vegas Exchange a few years ago at the Alexis Park All Suite Resort. The event was sold out, a couple of pools at the resort. One restaurant and not that great so many people scattered to off property for dinner. If you did not make connections at the pool, you were on your own. And the pool was not clothing optional so another factor diminishing the experience. On the cruises and at Desire, it is contained and easy to run into people the entire trip.

The Vegas Exchange was in August - have never been exposed to such heat in our lives and we should have known better. We've been to NO and Bourbon Street in April and the smell was awful. Can only imagine it in July with more heat and humidity.

Still, others go and recommend it. Different strokes...

• Like 1

Thanks for the review. Wife and I were planning on going but work got in the way. Sounds like we didn’t miss much. We do visit every so often but usually just go to Colette’s.

• Like 1

Bourbon Street reeked. We walked on Royal a lot.

Haven't watched the episode yet but the show is called This is Life with Lisa Ling and it's Season 6, Episode 7 - Swingers. First Aired: November 10, 2019

BEST DOCUMENTARY ON SWINGING EVER!!! Must watch!

If you can't find it via Google, LMK and I'll see what I can do to help.

Good episode by Lisa Ling. She got more action at NIN than we did.

Apparently the episode was shot in 2018. 2019 NIN was (or so I heard) kind of a bust due to a hurricane threatening NO and lots of people cancelled.

We attended in 2019. I don’t recall a hurricane threat. We had a bad time because we really were not meeting people. We had fun together in Nawlins, just not at the event. We don’t care if we meet people and have a nice talk and don’t play, but we didn’t get that far, except for two couples we knew from before.