Cougars, Do They Have a Hunting License Expiration Date?

It's a tongue in cheek thread basically asking at what age range your cougar preference is or when as a cougar your hunting prey days are over?

I am a huge cougar fan (60 to 65 age range) tho at my age they are becoming far and few between.

I love watching my wife with younger men (the forty somethings are the best) anything younger then our own kids doesn't do it for her.

It's a tongue in cheek thread basically asking at what age range your cougar preference is or when as a cougar your hunting prey days are over?

I ( Mr. NS ) am a huge cougar fan ( 60 to 65 age range ) tho at my age they are becoming far and few between.

I love watching my wife with younger men ( the fourty somethings are the best ) anything younger then our own kids doesn't do it for her.

I hope my days as a'cougar' are never over!! At the ripe age of 50 i can still say i can attract men in their 20s. I would have to say i think 60-65 is when i'll have to throw in the towel so to speak.

When you can no longer bag prey, you stop hunting.

I hope my days as a'cougar' are never over!! At the ripe age of 50 i can still say i can attract men in their 20s. I would have to say i think 60-65 is when i'll have to throw in the towel so to speak.

50? My wife is 65. The end of the line is over there around the corner.

Enthusiasm, a big smile and quick wit. Never gets old.

• Hot! 1

My mother in law is well into her 80s. By her own admission, she's had sex with over 100 men over the years. She hasn't been active in the last 2-3 years, but she did have a guy she was playing with after she turned 80.

It's curious though; my wife believes her mom would be horrified to learn she's a swinger. Yet, her mom was once on a beach with her then husband and was propositioned by two guys right in front of her husband. They consented, and she had sex with both of them in front of her husband. I guess what's good for the mom isn't good for the daughter. We haven't told her mom, and have no plans to tell her.

• Like 1

padoc said:
We've decided that we'll play until people ask us NOT to get naked. I fully expect that won't happen until we're deep into our 70's. This is what 61 looks like…

Wow! Just...WOW!

• Like 2

padoc said:
We've decided that we'll play until people ask us NOT to get naked. I fully expect that won't happen until we're deep into our 70's. This is what 61 looks like…

padoc 80's easily at the rate you are going. At least as far as the lady goes. Keep your game up my friend. ;)

My mother in law is well into her 80s. By her own admission, she's had sex with over 100 men over the years. She hasn't been active in the last 2-3 years, but she did have a guy she was playing with after she turned 80.

It's curious though; my wife believes her mom would be horrified to learn she's a swinger. Yet, her mom was once on a beach with her then husband and was propositioned by two guys right in front of her husband. They consented, and she had sex with both of them in front of her husband. I guess what's good for the mom isn't good for the daughter. We haven't told her mom, and have no plans to tell her.

First, good for your mother-in-law for staying sexually active into her 80s. I know my own mother was also sexually active late into her life because when she was 85 my brother-in-law walked in on her having intercourse with her 92-year-old boyfriend. (Glad it wasn't me who walked in on them cuz then I would have had to pluck my eyes out.) But all of her kids were happy that she was still able to enjoy this fundamental human pleasure.

Second, based on your description of your mother-in-law being picked up and fucked in front of her husband by two strangers at the beach, I think I'd say she was at least a bit of a swinger herself. I find it extremely hard to believe she would call out your wife or you for your current behavior. Sounds more like a case of the apple not falling far from the tree. :lol:

By the way, how did you and your wife come to learn the story of her mom's hotwife-ish adventure? Because I'm not seeing this coming up at a Thanksgiving dinner...

• Like 2

First, good for your mother-in-law for staying sexually active into her 80s. I know my own mother was also sexually active late into her life because when she was 85 my brother-in-law walked in on her having intercourse with her 92-year-old boyfriend. (Glad it wasn't me who walked in on them cuz then I would have had to pluck my eyes out.) But all of her kids were happy that she was still able to enjoy this fundamental human pleasure.

Recently on Family Feud the question came up of "What do you not want to walk in on your grandparents doing". #1 was having sex of course. It's hard to imagine a 92 year old getting it up long enough and hard enough. Behold the wonders of chemistry. "Talk to your doctor if your heart is healthy enough for sex". Me, I'd rather die doing it :)

Second, based on your description of your mother-in-law being picked up and fucked in front of her husband by two strangers at the beach, I think I'd say she was at least a bit of a swinger herself. I find it extremely hard to believe she would call out your wife or you for your current behavior. Sounds more like a case of the apple not falling far from the tree. :lol:

I know, beyond almost any doubt, that my mother-in-law isn't a swinger. It's more like very sexually liberated. She's almost always a serial monogamist, but the partnerships have been frequent.

No, my wife hasn't fallen far from the tree at all. Her ability to prosper and succeed in a long term relationship is orders of magnitude superior to my mother-in-law's thankfully. But sexually, she's cut from the same cloth. She loves sex, loves men, loves cum, loves having multiple partners. When we first met and later got married, non-monogamy was absolutely out of the question. I'd briefly been part of a poly triad, and my wife was very unaccepting of that. She felt the wife I was having a relationship with was cheating on her husband, even though I was friends with the husband too and everyone knew what was going on and everyone agreed. My wife couldn't accept it at all. I never brought up the subject of swinging; it wasn't something I was seeking. Then one day, my wife noted how awesome it would be to have more than one man give her a massage at the same time (she absolutely loves receiving massage). I was floored. That started the discussion ball rolling, and ~half a year later, we were swingers.

That awoke the sexual (good) beast in her, and she's never looked back. She was always great in bed, a true delight to make love with. It wasn't like she was cold before or anything. But getting into swinging took her sex to a whole other level.

By the way, how did you and your wife come to learn the story of her mom's hotwife-ish adventure? Because I'm not seeing this coming up at a Thanksgiving dinner...

So one Thanksgiving we've got 17 people sitting around the dinner table and... :) :) :)

My mother-in-law is absolutely completely not shy talking about sex. My wife knows everything about her sex life. She's just an open book about her sexual encounters. It's not bragging, nothing like that. She's just happy to talk about it. Honestly, it's refreshing.

• Like 1

It's unfortunate that "sexual predator" has the meaning that it has. It would be the perfect descriptor for a Cougar.

There's no mention of the fact that some guys have a fetish for women way older than they are. Freudian maybe?

. . . . There's no mention of the fact that some guys have a fetish for women way older than they are. Freudian maybe?
My wife and I would not be able to count using all of our fingers and toes the number of messages received from male members of Web sites like SLS that say in some way or another, "I really like older women." My profound suspicion is that these are the guys that have been turned down by women of their own age and subsequently come up with the idea that old women will be easy pickings.
  • Like 1

.. male members.. that say.., "I really like older women." My profound suspicion is that these are the guys that have been turned down by women of their own age and subsequently come up with the idea that old women will be easy pickings.

Some yes, but there are guys who go against the usual desire for younger women and prefer MILFs and GILFs.

My rule of thumb is a cougar should stop hunting once she looses her fangs!!

On a serious note, the life expectancy difference between men and women generally is sad. Not only do women spend their later years without a spouse, but also without potential sex partners. I expect that I will predecease my wife, and hope that to the extent she still wants it she will have a someone who can satisfy her.

• Like 2

Well I am a middle aged woman and love being this age. My partner and I enjoy the lifestyle and are choosy with whom we play. More quality over quantity.

What I really dislike is being referred to as a cougar. I find it derogatory and for the life of me I cannot understand the worlds obsession with calling women names. To me a cougar hunts and attacks it’s prey and hardly anything anyone wants to be referenced by. So please stop calling women cougars. Men don’t have to bear the constant name calling so why should we.

I want the freedom to enjoy myself until the point it no longer interests me and will then bow out gracefully.

• Like 2

firebird09 said:

Well I am a middle aged woman and love being this age. My partner and I enjoy the lifestyle and are choosy with whom we play. More quality over quantity.

What I really dislike is being referred to as a cougar. I find it derogatory and for the life of me I cannot understand the worlds obsession with calling women names. To me a cougar hunts and attacks it’s prey and hardly anything anyone wants to be referenced by. So please stop calling women cougars. Men don’t have to bear the constant name calling so why should we.

I want the freedom to enjoy myself until the point it no longer interests me and will then bow out gracefully.

Treat it as an honorific. It is what you make it.

Signed Dirty Old Man :)

"To me a cougar hunts and attacks it’s prey and hardly anything anyone wants to be referenced by. So please stop calling women cougars."

I agree with your definition, and have run into such women at societal places such as country clubs and yacht clubs. They are often divorcees or possibly widows. They flirt endlessly, and I have watched them give waiters and other service people their phone numbers. I've heard them brag about how they've seduced college men. I would call them 'cougars.' If you feel that's derogatory towards them, that's your right but the women didn't complain and I didn't hear complaints from the guys they slept with.

Having said that, I haven't run into many cougars in the LifeStyle. My wife has had encounters with men more than twenty years younger than her, but I wouldn't call her a cougar, because she treats her partners with respect.

• Like 1

Mrs Doc has been referred to as a MILF, a GILF, a babe, a slut and a cougar in a swinging context. She was either flattered or amused or perhaps aroused depending on the situation. If, on the other hand, some random guy directed that kind of comment at her as she walked across a parking lot to a nail salon or a grocery store, she'd give him a look that would freeze mercury. If I was with her, the guy would have a major problem. It is all in the context. If you think you "have to bear constant name calling" you may be a bit too sensitive for this hobby. Men also have names directed at them. My personal favorite is stud. I only wish it happened more often.

... She was either flattered or amused or perhaps aroused depending on the situation. ..
My wife is not a submissive woman and doesn't tolerate any abuse, but she sometimes refers to herself as (and asked sex partners to call her) "slut", "cunt" and other words that are offensive. She owns those words and it makes her extremely aggressive. IDK, it's just part of her fun.

... she'd give him a look that would freeze mercury. ..

Serious question, does this saying refer to the planet or the element? It could make sense either way.

• Like 1

The element was my thought but depending on the choice of words, planet freezing would not be beyond the realm of possibility.

• Like 1

adamgunn said:
"To me a cougar hunts and attacks it’s prey and hardly anything anyone wants to be referenced by. So please stop calling women cougars."

I agree with your definition, and have run into such women at societal places such as country clubs and yacht clubs. They are often divorcees or possibly widows. They flirt endlessly, and I have watched them give waiters and other service people their phone numbers. I've heard them brag about how they've seduced college men. I would call them 'cougars.' If you feel that's derogatory towards them, that's your right but the women didn't complain and I didn't hear complaints from the guys they slept with.

Having said that, I haven't run into many cougars in the LifeStyle. My wife has had encounters with men more than twenty years younger than her, but I wouldn't call her a cougar, because she treats her partners with respect.

So you have seen middle aged women flirt and chat it up with young men but why does that make them a cougar? Why a name at all? Men do this all the time with young women but I don’t hear them being referenced in a negative way. Cougar is derogatory about as much as “pervert” is for man chatting up young women.

I just want the negative name calling to stop. A lot of women are so used to it they don’t even bat an eye at the horrible things they are often called.

So just because they didn’t react doesn’t make it ok.

Mrs Doc has been referred to as a MILF, a GILF, a babe, a slut and a cougar in a swinging context. She was either flattered or amused or perhaps aroused depending on the situation. If, on the other hand, some random guy directed that kind of comment at her as she walked across a parking lot to a nail salon or a grocery store, she'd give him a look that would freeze mercury. If I was with her, the guy would have a major problem. Its all in the context. If you think you "have to bear constant name calling" you may be a bit too sensitive for this hobby. Men also have names directed at them. My personal favorite is stud. I only wish it happened more often.

Yes being called a stud is hardly a derogatory term. For men it is a badge of honor. But slut, cougar or names as such are negative when referring to women and hardly anything to get excited about for me personally. I love the LS but I don’t need that.

OMG…get over yourself! It is all about context. Why do swingers call a penis dick or cock or schlong? Why are breasts called boobs or tits or fun bags. Jeeeze if we're not careful, someone will say those words along with slut or MILF or GILF are GASP!!!!!….LABELS and labels are just not done in a pc world.

• Like 1

I've never heard "cougar" used as a derogatory term. There certainly is such a thing as a cougar who is, also, incidentally creepy and unpleasant to deal with, but more than a few vanilla establishment are known as "cougar bars" and it isn't intended as a warning to stay away from them, just a useful description of what kind of a crowd mingles there and what they're up to.

I can understand generally finding labels annoying, but that one is no more negative than any other term associated with kinks and casual sex, IMO.

Mrs Firebird .....just food for thought .....but the thread opens with "tongue and cheek ." Then reads " as a cougar "

no where does it call all middle age women a cougar , or you personally a cougar.

Actually you called yourself one in context as you wrote your post.The thread is meant for cougar's that enjoy the slang term , nothing more nothing less.

It was a invitation if you will to participate , not a blanket statement You did that , made it a blanket statement.....just saying

Mrs Firebird .....just food for thought .....but the thread opens with "tongue and cheek ." Then reads " as a cougar "

no where does it call all middle age women a cougar , or you personally a cougar.

Actually you called yourself one in context as you wrote your post.The thread is meant for cougar's that enjoy the slang term , nothing more nothing less.

It was a invitation if you will to participate , not a blanket statement You did that , made it a blanket statement.....just saying

So who is the poster referring to as a “cougar”? Seems I think we both know the answer to that just by reading the original post and that if many others here.

OMG…get over yourself! Its all about context. Why do swingers call a penis dick or cock or schlong? Why are breasts called boobs or tits or fun bags. Jeeeze if we're not careful, someone will say those words along with slut or MILF or GILF are GASP!!!!!….LABELS and labels are just not done in a pc world.

I think you miss the point. The terms to reference our body parts are just that and are for both genders. Cougar on the other hand is a derogatory term and only references woman. As I have said before, women have become so complacent to the negative names they have been called forever it actually seems normal.

I hate the term as you can tell and cringe when I hear it. You can feel free to express yourself how you choose but remember not everyone is enthralled with it.

I don't miss your point AT ALL. You get offended easily, I get it. On the other hand, you have chosen to ignore my point which is CONTEXT. And Im not sure that women are complacent at all. I described how Mrs Doc would react under some circumstances with the use of some terms and I can assure you, she wouldn't be complacent at all. And in fact, neither would I.

• Like 1

So who is the poster referring to as a “cougar”? Seems I think we both know the answer to that just by reading the original post and that if many others here.

The simple answer to your question is any woman that enjoys the slang term that wanted to reply. What you're missing is the fact that you keep more or less trying to say ALL woman hate the term and it should be removed from the swinger slang glossary.

I get it , you don't like the word.....but guess what lots and lots of swinger women do like the term.

You have free will to post whatever you want but it's kinda strange that you are taking the position of spokes woman for ALL women as to the slang term Cougar.

I'm not so sure as a whole swinger women would want you as their spokesperson.

Just out of curiosity do you enjoy the company of men younger then yourself when partaking in swinger activities ?

I don't miss your point AT ALL. You get offended easily, I get it. On the other hand, you have chosen to ignore my point which is CONTEXT. And Im not sure that women are complacent at all. I described how Mrs Doc would react under some circumstances with the use of some terms and I can assure you, she wouldn't be complacent at all. And in fact, neither would I.

Just because I take issue with women being called cougars does not automatically render me easily offended. It is like telling someone they are overly emotional when someone goes out of there way to hurt.

The simple answer to your question is any woman that enjoys the slang term that wanted to reply. What you're missing is the fact that you keep more or less trying to say ALL woman hate the term and it should be removed from the swinger slang glossary.

I get it , you don't like the word.....but guess what lots and lots of swinger women do like the term.

You have free will to post whatever you want but it's kinda strange that you are taking the position of spokes woman for ALL women as to the slang term Cougar.

I'm not so sure as a whole swinger women would want you as their spokesperson.

Just out of curiosity do you enjoy the company of men younger then yourself when partaking in swinger activities ?

I realize I am not the spokes person for all women and if they are actually ok being called a cougar then good for them. My goal is to make people think. The term cougar is sexist in my opinion and that of many others and relates to a women’s age, also pointing out that we have to hunt for poor unsuspecting young men. Btw how would any man feel being called a “creep” for having sex with much younger women? I see being called a cougar on the same level.

As for partaking in sex with younger men in the LS, absolutely both younger and older. But that does not make me a cougar. Rather a nice looking, sexy woman simply enjoying herself.

"Cougar on the other hand is a derogatory term and only references woman. As I have said before, women have become so complacent to the negative names they have been called forever it actually seems normal." And "The term cougar is sexist in my opinion"

Your words, right? They indicate that you are not only easily offended but also judgmental, presumptuous and awfully damned preachy. Carry on ma'am!

By the way, my favorite bumper sticker ever reads: Throughout history, they NEVER sacrificed the sluts!

I realize I am not the spokes person for all women and if they are actually ok being called a cougar then good for them. My goal is to make people think. The term cougar is sexist in my opinion and that of many others and relates to a women’s age, also pointing out that we have to hunt for poor unsuspecting young men. Btw how would any man feel being called a “creep” for having sex with much younger women? I see being called a cougar on the same level.

As for partaking in sex with younger men in the LS, absolutely both younger and older. But that does not make me a cougar. Rather a nice looking, sexy woman simply enjoying herself.

I find it baffling that you insist on this being derogatory. I respect it, but still.

I've had quite a few women who were 10-25 years older, including Mrs. EastInWest. None of them thought I was "poor and unsuspecting", just hard and vigorous enough to keep up with the mood they're in. That's not a slight against older guys, just people tend to change with the phases of life and it's been my experience that some women get back on the dating market and aren't quite done with the 20s scene yet. There's nothing wrong with that.

All the poster is saying – and trying to draw our attention to is this. Some terms people regularly use in playful ways are not always received well. That’s it. You may think saying to a woman in a play situation “hey slut, suck my cock” is perfectly okay. And, it may be 9 out of 10 times. But, 1 time out of ten your playful word play is not received well and you’ll miss out on a good time. Don’t blame the girl. She is entitled. Calling her oversensitive or easily offended isn’t going to get you anywhere. The equivalent of saying “your feelings and opinion mean absolutely nothing to me”. Maybe, learn to read the room. Swinging is about making connections. Communication is key. Use your eyes and ears and consider matching the tone and tenor of who you are with. If she says “fuck my dirty cunt” I’d say you have the green light to use that word. But, she might not necessarily like being called a ‘filthy cunt’. And, this isn’t just about the ladies. Not all well-endowed black men appreciate being referred to as BBC for instance. Many do. Many even refer to themselves in that manner. But, fyi, some are insulted. Read the room. Don't assume he is flattered by the label. Respect the individual.

Same goes for this room by the way. Shouting down others for expressing themselves. Making sure they get the last word. Belittling others. Bullying, essentially. There should be a way to vote people off the site. I can't wait to see who chimes in to berate me!

Who ever heard of a cougar needing a license? You eat what you catch.

• Like 1

All the poster is saying – and trying to draw our attention to is this. Some terms people regularly use in playful ways are not always received well. That’s it. You may think saying to a woman in a play situation “hey slut, suck my cock” is perfectly okay. And, it may be 9 out of 10 times. But, 1 time out of ten your playful word play is not received well and you’ll miss out on a good time. Don’t blame the girl. She is entitled. Calling her oversensitive or easily offended isn’t going to get you anywhere. The equivalent of saying “your feelings and opinion mean absolutely nothing to me”. Maybe, learn to read the room. Swinging is about making connections. Communication is key. Use your eyes and ears and consider matching the tone and tenor of who you are with. If she says “fuck my dirty cunt” I’d say you have the green light to use that word. But, she might not necessarily like being called a ‘filthy cunt’. And, this isn’t just about the ladies. Not all well-endowed black men appreciate being referred to as BBC for instance. Many do. Many even refer to themselves in that manner. But, fyi, some are insulted. Read the room. Don't assume he is flattered by the label. Respect the individual.

Same goes for this room by the way. Shouting down others for expressing themselves. Making sure they get the last word. Belittling others. Bullying, essentially. There should be a way to vote people off the site. I can't wait to see who chimes in to berate me!

Thank you for the insightful note. You have hit the nail on the head as far as I am concerned. My whole point in writing what I did to the original poster was to hope he/she can see it from a whole different perspective. I found the title of the post offensive as I am sure would others. The folks that enjoy being called cougar or other names are perfectly within their right to engage, but I would be completely turned off.

Thanks again for the classy note.

I understand what your point is. But prior to your post the thread was cougar friendly and like minded if you will. Post 1 thru 17 where on topic and tongue and cheek. I might suggest you inserted the word creepy and sexist and men calling women names ... everything totally the thread wasn't about ? You could have easily started your own thread about the word cougar being a sexist word , derogatory or not very feminist friendly. Just to see if others agreed.

The original post question was ....when as a cougar does your hunting licence expire ! Your not a cougar ,hate the word ,disdain it's use in context or not ,so why bother with people that aren't offended and find the word acceptable ?

Just food for thought. New threads are encouraged and if the topic is of interest people will post in them.

Of course you had every right to post whatever and wherever you want to that's a givin.

P.S. No one at all has actually called you a cougar. It's a thread about cougars that you inserted yourself into,

Just to be clear Fit, I most assuredly don't want "to get anywhere" with someone overly sensitive or easily offended. I believe the poster has an absolute right to be both. I objected to the presumption that most women should agree with her reaction to the word cougar without regard to the context of its use. Some people seem to search out reasons to be offended over some of the most simple minded topics, and the blog about this word, which started out light hearted and innocuous, is a prime example of victimhood run amok.

• Like 1

Just to be clear Fit, I most assuredly don't want "to get anywhere" with someone overly sensitive or easily offended. I believe the poster has an absolute right to be both. I objected to the presumption that most women should agree with her reaction to the word cougar without regard to the context of its use. Some people seem to search out reasons to be offended over some of the most simple minded topics, and the blog about this word, which started out light hearted and innocuous, is a prime example of victimhood run amok.

It is pretty clear you are not my biggest fan as I also see you commenting negatively on any other posts I chime in regardless of content. Frankly I am going to have to change my name because of you. I am simply trying to enlighten people that yes, things that seem benign to you is not to someone else. Would it really hurt to maybe do a little information finding on your own and see that maybe there is more than one way to think?

Oh no!!! I HAVE offended you! But I have to ask you, who placed you in charge to "enlighten people" on anything? That pretty much validates my point about you being presumptuous and preachy.

Years ago, the comedian named Gallagher did a cute bit about dealing with rude drivers. Every driver could have a bow and arrow. The arrows had those little suction cups on them. If another driver did something stupid you could shoot an arrow on to the trunk of their car. Once a car had 20 arrows on it, the cops could issue them a ticket for being an obnoxious, asshole. Brilliant!

The point is. Some of you view yourselves as the mayor and/or final arbiter of Swingers Board. You should turn around and look in the mirror – you’ll likely see that there are many, many arrows affixed to your backside.

In most venues a cop needs probable cause or a primary violation to make a traffic stop, even in Ohio. Aren't jokes supposed to be timely AND funny? A spin on "Take my wife, please" might get a genuine chuckle on here. You should try that Fit.

The point is. Some of you view yourselves as the mayor and/or final arbiter of Swingers Board. You should turn around and look in the mirror – you’ll likely see that there are many, many arrows affixed to your backside.

I mean no disrespect to firebird09 or her view, but my feeling is that someone unilaterally declaring a term "sexist" and "derogatory" name-calling on behalf of all women, collectively, is the, ah, mayoral behavior.

It's certainly perfectly fine that she doesn't care for it and wishes not to be described as one, but I hardly think Mrs. E would feel disrespected if a younger guy bragged to his friends about the blond cougar with big tits.

It does seem like it's all taking a needlessly personal turn.

..There's no mention of the fact that some guys have a fetish for women way older than they are.

The president of France, Emmanuel Macron, met his wife when he was a fifteen-year-old student and she was his thirty-nine-year-old married teacher with three children, one of whom was in his classes. They started an affair several years later, around 1996 I believe, and were married around 2008.

BTW, this is the same age difference as between Donald and Melania Trump, 24 years.

The president of France, Emmanuel Macron, met his wife when he was a fifteen-year-old student and she was his thirty-nine-year-old married teacher with three children, one of whom was in his classes. They started an affair several years later,..
That's one badass woman.