Tonedog1

Celebrity Swinging

Being that swinging is across all walks of life, has anybody been to swing events with celebrities, or professional athletes, or other?

Yes, we were contacted by a local celeb but in the end--lol--decided that the risks of someone finding out were too high. We still see them around but have decided not to play with them, if their secret is reveiled we don't want ours to be too.

Actually one of the many local weather men walked in to a swingers party we were at once. Have not looked at the weather the same since :)

I have been in the music biz forever and while there is a fair bit of sexual stuff going on I don't really feel comfortable calling it swinging, it is more just like excess. It isn't anywhere near what it was thirty years ago.

This is Mike, the male half. Just saw this on a news site. Thought I'd share it with you all.

The Daily Whisper

Hottest Scoop on the 'Net

_

Sting's Bedroom Secrets Revealed

Howard Stern has a knack of drawing the most intimate secrets out of people and Trudie Styler is his latest victim. The wife of rocker Sting revealed that they love to hang in sex clubs and that swinging and wife-swapping are practices they participate in. She attributed this carefree lifestyle to being European and living a life of rock 'n' roll. That's one household that you wouldn't call boring!

Sting's Bedroom Secrets Revealed
Be interesting to see what (if any) fallout this generates. As yet, I've seen nothing on UK tv news about the story (and these days, some producer or other will latch onto this sort of thing if they think there's mileage in it).

The Evening Standard isn't really read outside of the capital. And to be honest, the capital isn't really of that much interest to the rest of the UK.

Sunday is potentially key day. That's when all the really low brow tabloid newspapers hit the stands (News of the World, Sunday People). If the story's going to have any impact, it's likely to be generated/reinforced then. The Sunday tabloids love smearing celebrities with sex/drug/booze 'confessions'.

(As to whether Sting and Trudy really are swinging . . . well, good luck to them. With all their cash, they should certainly be able to throw one hell of a party. I'll let you know if we get an invite.)

Yep..we have a few at our club. Way kewl, can't name names though or they'll run off. A note to the rest of you that anyone can be anyone given the opportunity and they are just regular folks with the same concerns about discretion, etc. etc...just like the rest of us.

Anybody besides me remember this exceedingly hot lady from L.A. Law?

+++++++++++++++++++

AMANDA DONOHOE ON TOYBOYS AND TRUTH Mar 25 2004

By Angela Hagan

SHE was famous for her dislike of clothes - spending her finest two hours on screen not wearing any. But today Castaway star Amanda Donohoe admits: "Now, I'd rather stay at home with my pyjamas on."

At 41, she has had enough of Hollywood parties and premieres. She is also happily single - and that's pretty surprising since she's as stunning as ever and has a very forgiving nature when it comes to men.

Amanda insists she's quite happy for her man to sleep around - so long as he's honest about it. "I'd prefer a sexually promiscuous man to a liar any day," she says. "Call me crazy, but I'd much rather date a man who was honest and promiscuous than a man who is a goddamn liar.

"I really have no problem with sexual experimentation or promiscuity, if you want to call it that. I just can't and won't abide dishonesty."

Despite everything she has going for her - looks, intelligence, talent and a rich, sensuous voice which turns men to jelly - Amanda has suffered her share of heartache over the years. Maybe that's why she likes being in control these days and will only consider going out with toyboys.

"Younger men don't have this automatic expectation that you do the cooking, washing up and cleaning," she says.

"They're more likely to say: 'No, no, you sit down and I'll do that.' Or they'll walk in and say: 'Where's your kitchen? I'm a really good cook!' And I'm like: 'Rock on, man!'

"When I tell them how old I am they often say: 'Never! You don't look your age.' But then, what is my age supposed to look like?

"Give me a younger man any day of the week! No way. I don't want to be down on older men here, but they're less likely to clean and tidy the house.

"Another product of that generation is that older men are more awkward with women than younger men are."

Amanda was 15 when she had her first serious boyfriend, now-troubled pop star Adam Ant. Then came film technician Jason Lehel for two years and documentary director Nick Broomfield for a further five.

She has been single since that ended in 1995 - and it doesn't seem to worry her a bit.

"I'm far too selfish to share my life," admits Amanda, now back on our screens in the hit drama Murder City.

"I don't want to look after someone, worry where they are or clear up after them. It's not something I'm going to do.

"I'm a terrible loner. Men either embrace that or they're a bit frightened by it. I can happily go on holiday on my own. I don't equate being alone with being lonely - there are so many books to read and things to do.

"I have always been frighteningly independent, but I wouldn't say that I live on my own by choice. I'm happier now than I have ever been, but I would love to find a long-term soulmate.

"I don't mean marriage. I'm looking for a companion to share things with."

BUT at the moment, with no partner on the horizon, the actress gets most of her kicks at the dinner table.

The passion with which Amanda expresses her feelings about food is extraordinary.

Give her a plate of pasta and the result is much like the famous restaurant orgasm scene from When Harry Met Sally, without the faking.

For the stunning brunette sounds as if she's in the throes of wild, passionate sex every time she takes a bite.

The rather prosaic reason is a straightforward wheat allergy.

"Most of the time I'd kill for a plate of spaghetti or a stick of French bread with brie plastered on it - it's better than sex," she cries.

Once a month she breaks her wheat ban and indulges herself in a way which must bring a smile to the face of every man lucky enough to be around to see it.

"In my favourite restaurant I order a big glass of red wine and a spaghetti marinara - pasta with seafood," she says. "This huge plate arrives with spaghetti slightly undercooked, just how I like it, and I take about two hours just savouring every mouthful.

"You can hear me in the corner of the restaurant going: 'Ooh! Aah! Yes, that's wonderful!' I even have a cigarette after it!

"People must wonder what I'm up to, but all I'm doing is eating the one thing I'm not allowed to have. If I eat more wheat than that, I start to itch and a rash appears on my arm. It's such a guilty pleasure."

But then, Amanda's passionate nature and sensuous sexuality has been giving men of all ages a lot of slightly guilty pleasure for two decades now.

After spending most of Castaway wandering around naked with Oliver Reed in a Pacific paradise in 1986, she had more clothes-shedding roles in The Rainbow and British horror flick The Lair Of The White Worm.

Then she made television history in the early 90s when she starred in hit drama LA Law as the glamorous lawyer CJ Lamb and enjoyed the first lesbian kiss on American TV.

Perhaps reflecting the new more strait-laced post-40 Amanda, she keeps her clothes on to plays Det Insp Susan Alembic in Murder City, a six-parter in which she leads a murder squad alongside My Family star Kris Marshall.

Despite the huge amount of crime drama on the big and small screens, this is the first time Amanda has played a copper. That was one of the attractions of the role.

Although the actress has always been on the right side of the law, she does have personal experience of the devastating consequences of crime.

"When I was younger my parents ran their own antiques business in North London and they suffered a lot of thefts, but the worst time was when they were robbed of their entire stock," she recalls.

"They lost everything in one go and it took them years to get over it. They'd obviously been targeted by this gang who'd watched and followed them for a long time as all their stock was stolen while it was in transit from an antiques fair.

"Then of course the insurance company wouldn't pay out straight away because they had to conduct their own major investigation into it.

"Basically, my parents had to prove their own innocence before the company would pay out. It was a dreadful time for them.

"I mean, it was their life's work - they wouldn't have had a pension now, perhaps. It was a very hard time for our family."

Now Amanda is living in London again. She has been back for almost two years after spending the 90s in Los Angeles, and the work offers are still coming in.

After Murder City she'll be seen in a British romantic comedy, The Truth About Love, alongside Jimi Mistry and Jennifer Love Hewitt. When she first headed out to Tinseltown she looked all set to become a Hollywood success story, with her sophisticated looks, intelligence and, it seemed, the necessary drive.

But it did not take long for her to get fed up with the superficiality of it all.

"I went there in 1989 and got LA Law very quickly," she says. "I didn't have to fight for it.

"It was sheer luck, being in the right place at the right time. But I suppose I could have used it to my advantage so much more.

"At first the premieres and parties are enjoyable. But after a while, it becomes a job. I don't mean to sound jaded, but after 20 years of traipsing up the red carpet it's not that fascinating."

So she sold her huge Californian home to return to Britain, and quickly made her mark by landing the risque role of Mrs Robinson in the West End play The Graduate.

"It wasn't a sudden decision for me to come home," she says. "It had been very exciting. I'd seen a lot, I'd done a lot.

"But I didn't feel comfortable there any more. All my family are here and I didn't feel like I had any roots. And while LA is a great place to be in your 20s and 30s, it's not the best place to be in your 40s.

"Even during my heyday in Hollywood I never felt settled there. I always felt like a visitor. That's a nice feeling to lose.

"I don't feel that here. I belong here. It's my home."

Originally posted by Brit_Pair

Be interesting to see what (if any) fallout this generates. As yet, I've seen nothing on UK tv news about the story (and these days, some producer or other will latch onto this sort of thing if they think there's mileage in it).

The local paper picked it up and put a short, somewhat derogatory, article in the 'Hollywood' column. Other than that I haven't seen any other references to it. My guess is that most people in this country will just shrug and say, "Those crazy celebrities are always up to something..." However, there are always those who will see it as a sure sign of the Apocalypse... :rolleyes:

Ms Donohoe is definitely hot . . . unlike her latest tv outing. 'Murder City' is like watching paint drying.

:nono:

Hi everyone. I know that in 2003 the board had a thread about famous swingers. It was pretty short and I didn't most people. Anyway, I'd like to try this again...who are the famous swingers?

Nothing concrete.... but several years ago we heard from a couple say that they supposedly knew another couple who was present at a swingers orgy when Bill & Hillary were partying there. This was during his Governor days.

We've also heard from some employees at Hedonism II that Hillary would stay at the resort next door and that her and a girlfriend would slip over to the "zoo" after the sun went down to party nekid...

But I can neither confirm nor deny that story....

I know that there's a reference book in the local library that describes the sexual interests of famous Hollywood folks. I'll try to dig that up. (Hey, library work doesn't pay well so we liberrians look for the interesting stuff...just like normal people ;) ) Unfortunately, for you rumor-mongers, that reference is concerned with celeb's that -- if you were born in the '50s like me -- only you and your parents would know. The names might be familiar, but most WILL NOT share tabloid time with celebs from the 1980s to now...

I'm sure the book was by Irving Wallace or one of his prolific offspring. I think his son and maybe at least one other sibling went by the pre-Ellis Island surname of Wallechinsky (or similar) rather than Wallace, and the encyclopedia might be under that surname.

I'll let you know.

Regardless, when I thumbed through that book several years ago, I found a lot of stories, mostly about homo- and bisexuality in Hollywood (Katharine Hepburn, Tyrone Power, and some other famous actors). I can't remember that swinging/swapping was mentioned, but those terms weren't on my radar screen at that point... :lol:

Bill and Hillary...makes sense actually. They seem like great friends to me...and they do seem like they would enjoy an open relationship. If that is true...Bill needs to be a little more discrete. LOL!!!

Now that sheds an interesting light on things doesn't it, hhhmmmmm. Never heard that before, but I have to admit definitely plausible.

I thought I read somewhere that George Harrison wanted to swing, but his first wife wasn't interested. They subsequently divorced. Bob Crane probably could have been a swinger, had he not been into cheating so much.

I've always wondered if Kim Cattrall was a swinger. She is definitely open about sex and I love the way she dresses. ::P:

Scarlet Johansen has made public comments contrary to monogamy/inside-the-box thinking (sexually) as well.

I know that there's a reference book in the local library that describes the sexual interests of famous Hollywood folks. I'll try to dig that up. (Hey, library work doesn't pay well so we liberrians look for the interesting stuff...just like normal people ;) ) Unfortunately, for you rumor-mongers, that reference is concerned with celeb's that -- if you were born in the '50s like me -- only you and your parents would know. The names might be familiar, but most WILL NOT share tabloid time with celebs from the 1980s to now...

I'm sure the book was by Irving Wallace or one of his prolific offspring. I think his son and maybe at least one other sibling went by the pre-Ellis Island surname of Wallechinsky (or similar) rather than Wallace, and the encyclopedia might be under that surname.

I'll let you know.

Regardless, when I thumbed through that book several years ago, I found a lot of stories, mostly about homo- and bisexuality in Hollywood (Katharine Hepburn, Tyrone Power, and some other famous actors). I can't remember that swinging/swapping was mentioned, but those terms weren't on my radar screen at that point... :lol:

You're a librarian? Get out of town.

I'm going to have to look at my coworkers in a whole new light.

I thought I read somewhere that George Harrison wanted to swing, but his first wife wasn't interested. They subsequently divorced. Bob Crane probably could have been a swinger, had he not been into cheating so much.

Mr. Harrison WAS definitely a swinger as well as his wife, Patti and Eric Clapton at the time. George tried to get Ringo and his wife Maureen to be swingers but his affair with Maureen ended her marriage to Ringo who was against swinging.

It is also known that while FDR had his affair(s) his wife Eleanor was a lesbian with many female lovers. She wrote some very torrid love letters to several of her girlfriends. She made several references to enjoying all girl gang gropes the most.

But as far as Presidential swingers go the most likely are JFK and his wife Jacqueline. Kennedy had a very intimate relationship with his press corp who guarded his sexual secrets and at one time, when an "outsider" was in the room he remarked that Jackie was vacationing with Onassis on his yacht and should be having a great time since Ari is known for being "hung like a horse". They then realized that an outsider was present and "hushed up". Aristotle Onassis himself was well known to attend orgies and sex parties when he was younger and not as wealthy.

Of course as a millionaire he could hide his activities much better.

Hope this helps to spread some rumors. LOL

Sting & Trudie (I've heard)

I noticed a 'thank you' to Sting's guitarist for the "great parties" he and his wife throws.

Iv'e always wondered if Kim Cattrall was a swinger. She is definitely open about sex and I love the way she dresses. ::P:

The woman is awesome!!!!!! And her character on Sex in the City - Samantha.....she is my hero...

I have read but not certain that Will and Jada Smith are, they have spoke openly about it, according to some articles I've read.

applevenus said:
Sting & Trudie (I've heard)

I noticed a 'thank you' to Sting's guitarist for the "great parties" he and his wife throws.

It's generally considered to be "a given" that Sting and Trudie are in the lifestyle. They've even been asked outright and simply smile and take the fifth.

We'd accept an invite :D

Brad and Angelina are also rumoured to be within Sting and Trudie's close circle of friends - Now that IS a fantasy overload!!! :facelick:

For those of you into hair metal....I was watching a show on VH1 a while back and they were interviewing Sebastian Bach and his wife Maria...some of their comments seemed to be very lifestyle friendly. :lol:

So much for discretion! Does this even matter? I am sure some clown will say Hitler and Braun were swingers. Stop playing this game and forget whom you party with. Names are not important nor is status. This isn't Perez Hilton.

So much for discretion! Does this even matter? I am sure some clown will say Hitler and Braun were swingers. Stop playing this game and forget whom you party with. Names are not important nor is status. This isn't Perez Hilton.

No one is naming names here and saying that they've been with someone famous. If a celebrity is open about it or if people want to speculate, that's a big difference than someone coming out and saying "I slept with so and so..." in which case I'm sure they'd be selling that story to Perez or the Inquirerer and not posting it here anyway.

As far as Will & Jada, I think they have an open marriage, but aren't swingers:

"UPI News Service, 02/08/2005

"Our perspective is, you don't avoid what's natural," Smith told Britain's Daily Mail. "You're going to be attracted to people. In our marriage vows, we didn't say "forsaking all others. The vow that we made was that you will never hear that I did something after the fact."

"If it came down to it, then one can say to the other, 'Look, I need to have sex with somebody. I'm not going to if you don't approve of it -- but please approve of it.'"

Smith said he was forced to admit he had sexual feelings for other women when working on his film "Hitch," in which he stars with Eva Mendes, whom he described as "freakin' gorgeous."

Despite that attraction, Smith says his second marriage is still solid.

Just for fun:

Any speculation on who in Tinseltown share the same salacious extracurricular activities as us?

We don't know, but we've always wondered...especially after that Eric Dane, Rebecca Gayheart, Kari Ann Peniche video was leaked.

Provide your "sources" if you can!

It has been awhile since I've posted here, but Jen and I were talking about completely opening our marriage. We did some research and found that Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith have an open marriage though both claim to have never acted on it. There were some more people we found, but that's the only one that comes immediately to mind.

While not specifically "swingers" ...

Notable people in "open marriages" :

Edna St. Vincent Millay, (American poet)

Havelock Ellis, (sexologist)

Robert Crumb and Aline Crumb, (cartoonists)

Charles Laughton and Elsa Lanchester, (actor & actress)

Andrei Kirilenko, (professional basketball player)

Cindy Margolis, (model)

Jean-Paul Sartre and Simone de Beauvoir, (philosophers)

Dolly Parton, (country singer)

Will Smith and Jada Pinkett, (actor & actress)

Kate Hudson and Chris Robinson, (actress & musician)

Shirley MacLaine, (actress)

Thomas Braden, (journalist)

Jenny Block, (author) writer of "Open: Love, Sex and Life in an Open Marriage"

Tilda Swinton and John Byrne, (actress & painter/director/writer)

Margaret Sanger, (founder of Planned Parenthood)

Alfred Kinsey (researcher/author of "the Kinsey Report") and Clara Bracken McMillen

Mo'Nique, (actress/comedian)

Ossie Davis and Ruby Dee, (actors)

Julian Beck and Judith Malina, (actors, writers, directors, and founders of "The Living Theatre")

George Henry Lewes, (philosopher)

Larry King, (talk show host) and Shawn Southwick, (singer)

We meet a couple where the male was a golf course developer and we believed his stories he told about Greg Norman & Chris Evert....Sadly we learned months later that they (Greg & Chris) were breaking up....

The reaction on my hometown (Detroit-area) "alternative" station (89X) to Demi/Ashton info was kind of horrified. I think that even if the personalities themselves are ok with swinging or open marriages (which I think are two different things, frankly), they can't actually SAY that on-air. This is too darned bad, as Michigan has long been known as a weird dichotomy: very conservative, uptight people on one hand, and an underground-but-nearly-public sexually adventurous set of folks on the other.

Sigh.

We all value our privacy in this, or at least most of us.

I find it rather...hypocritical to be talking about celeb swingers any more than I'd talk about a neighbor I didn't really know personally.

This is too darned bad, as Michigan has long been known as a weird dichotomy: very conservative, uptight people on one hand, and an underground-but-nearly-public sexually adventurous set of folks on the other.

Sigh.

That's not Michigan, that's just about everywhere that isn't known for being a 'sex' town. My area is thought of as very uptight and conservative, yet everyone knows about swingers in that neighborhood over.

off topic: Detroit uptight? Really? I grew up over there and found it more liberial than living here in West Michigan now. I remember Noir Leather in Royal Oak walking by it as a child and being so fascinated. Then club X in the early 90s with all their shows. There's something that's always comforting about Detroit people very welcoming especially swingers. We love MC over there so we would make the trip out there because it's worth it.

On topic: I bet more stars swing than any of us realize. It's almost part of their culture.

I agree with Chicup. We wouldn't enjoy this if it was about us.

That said, I am SO HAPPY TO HEAR I might have a shot at Demi. Even if it is a bit of getting even "open relationship" sex. I've lusted after her for years. That voice.

I'm melting just thinking about the possibilities.

That's not Michigan, that's just about everywhere that isn't known for being a 'sex' town. My area is thought of as very uptight and conservative, yet everyone knows about swingers in that neighborhood over.

Yep. Here too!

This is a fascinating digression. Mrs Rex said the discussion at her book club a week or so ago was about swinging. It went there from a discussion of sex in the book they were reading. The more open-minded women just listened, while the uptight and conservative women seethed about swinging and went into great depth about how you could tell who the local swingers were. Guess what--the swingers have white rocks in their yards!!! Who knew? Maybe these women have been lurking and reading the threads here! Mrs Rex said she almost doubled over laughing. Well, just in case, tomorrow we're getting rid of the flamingos...and the pineapple flag...pampas grass...rocks...and I guess the big sign that says "Swingers R Us". But we are going to check out the bar where all of the swingers hang out, according to these gals!

T-Rex said:
This is a fascinating digression. Mrs Rex said the discussion at her book club a week or so ago was about swinging. It went there from a discussion of sex in the book they were reading. The more open-minded women just listened, while the uptight and conservative women seethed about swinging and went into great depth about how you could tell who the local swingers were. Guess what--the swingers have white rocks in their yards!!! Who knew? Maybe these women have been lurking and reading the threads here! Mrs Rex said she almost doubled over laughing. Well, just in case, tomorrow we're getting rid of the flamingos...and the pineapple flag...pampas grass...rocks...and I guess the big sign that says "Swingers R Us". But we are going to check out the bar where all of the swingers hang out, according to these gals!

That is priceless!

How did Mrs Rex engage this conversation?

Guess what--the swingers have white rocks in their yards!!! Who knew? Maybe these women have been lurking and reading the threads here!

If I knew these women well, I'd be tempted to join in the discussion. I'd find something that one of the catty women have in their front yard and claim I heard that swingers have that in their yards. See if anyone picks up on it, or she gets uncomfortable.

Too much fun.

If I knew these women well, I'd be tempted to join in the discussion. I'd find something that one of the catty women have in their front yard and claim I heard that swingers have that in their yards. See if anyone picks up on it, or she gets uncomfortable.

Too much fun.

Unfortunately, a couple of these women are Mrs Rex's co-workers so to avoid all of those negative work-related legal repercussions, we decided that putting a big white rock with the name of the so-called swinger bar in their front yards would have to remain our unfulfilled practical joke. It will also help in avoiding potential back problems!