nc_couple_28304

How did you decide sex only - not friends or friends first?

Originally posted by OhioCouple

What I have seen, based on your overall postings is that you are here to 'stir' trouble. Speaking only for myself, Please take your troubles elsewhere.

The term you are looking for is 'Troll' and its been obvious from day one, thats what he is (that or he is pretty messed up, but my money is on troll). While normally its not a good idea to feed the trolls, sometimes they are fun to play with. There seems to be some law of equalibrium where this board must have at least one troll posting at all times :lol:

Oh btw Loki I found this funny:

friend ( P ) Pronunciation Key (frnd)

n.

1. A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts.

2. A person whom one knows; an acquaintance.

3. A person with whom one is allied in a struggle or cause; a comrade.

4.One who supports, sympathizes with, or patronizes a group, cause, or movement: friends of the clean air movement.

5. Friend A member of the Society of Friends; a Quaker.

Word History: A friend is a lover, literally. The relationship between Latin amcus “friend” and am “I love” is clear, as is the relationship between Greek philos “friend” and phile “I love.” In English, though, we have to go back a millennium before we see the verb related to friend. At that time, frond, the Old English word for “friend,” was simply the present participle of the verb fron, “to love.” The Germanic root behind this verb is *fr-, which meant “to like, love, be friendly to.” Closely linked to these concepts is that of “peace,” and in fact Germanic made a noun from this root, *frithu-, meaning exactly that. Ultimately descended from this noun are the personal names Frederick, “peaceful ruler,” and Siegfried, ”victory peace.” The root also shows up in the name of the Germanic deity Frigg, the goddess of love , who lives on today in the word Friday, “day of Frigg,” from an ancient translation of Latin Veneris dis, “day of Venus.”

You see Loki, the only way friend = platonic is if you are a Quaker. I've never met a Quaker personally, but I'm glad to have met you! Welcome

Originally posted by DevilzAdvokit

Just because I actually have a satisfactory personal relationship with my spouse and I really dont have the need for one with yours doesnt mean that its a hang up.

I thought this forum was for swingers. Devil finally admits he (she? they?) is not only not one of us, but has an open moral agenda against us. If you don't play the game, you have no standing to complain about the rules.

Bty, Devil, before entering the lifestyle we also had "a satisfactory personal relationship with my spouse." Now it's fantastic!!!

It took fucking other people to make your relationship "fantastic"? You just made my point with your post. Thank You.

The Devil

I'm just a hick Okie, NEOH242, but it looks to me as if The Devil doesn't seem to readily grasp concepts. I had the idea from your posts that the improvement in communication is what made the relationship "fantastic," not the "fucking." Am I wrong?

Mr. Alura

Originally posted by Alura

I'm just a hick Okie, NEOH242, but it looks to me as if The Devil doesn't seem to readily grasp concepts. I had the idea from your posts that the improvement in communication is what made the relationship "fantastic," not the "fucking." Am I wrong?

Mr. Alura

That is exactly how I understood NEOH242's posting also. But what do I know? I'm just simple minded, flat footed southern girl, transplanted in the northern area. Could you further clarify it for us, NEOH242?

Originally posted by OhioCouple

Could you further clarify it for us, NEOH242?

Alura summed up the essence of what was meant in the comment that our relationship went from satisfactory to fantastic after joining the lifestyle. Full and open communication, including discussing "private" thoughts and fantasies, is the key to a fantastic relationship, and that is what was missing BL (before lifestyle).

Devil cannot relate to this, but are there any other couples who can? It seems that every time we play with another couple, afterwards we appreciate what we have in our own relationship even more. Swinging has made us become better lovers, but since 95%+ of our sex life is still between the two of us, swinging is merely a spice. The main course is still our marriage, which went from satisfactory, BL, to fantastic.

PS to OhioCouple. Descartes wrote in Latin, not French. What he said was, "Cogito ergo sum." At least I think that's what he said -- which proves I exist!

Originally posted by NEOH242

PS to OhioCouple. Descartes wrote in Latin, not French. What he said was, "Cogito ergo sum." At least I think that's what he said -- which proves I exist!

Ah, this I know. But there is a hidden meaning in having translated it in French, but that's a whole other thread, which "shhhh...we don't talk about.". ;)

Thanks for coming back and clarifying what I'm sure the majority knew you meant. :)

Devil wrote:

It took fucking other people to make your relationship "fantastic"? You just made my point with your post. Thank You.

Devil;

after having read your other posts and replies, I would have expected more from you. Certainly you don't honestly believe that your interpretation of that post was meant to imply the sarcastic question you presented?

If you are going to represent yourself as learned and deserving of consideration and thought, then you must stop openly displaying your own ignorance. It is obvious even to the casual reader that the intent of that comment was not as you interpreted it -- in fact, only someone of lowest analytical ability would interpret it to be so meant.

Now, in reading your reply to that post and considering the manner in which you reworded it to become as base as possible using the word "fucking" as opposed to any other possible example, it appears to me that you have some deeply seated issues with your own repressed sexuality.

Maybe you'd like to explain how someone as experienced (as referrenced in your other posts) as you claim to be with intimate relations, can be so unable to understand the simplest of socio-sexual concepts. Not the least important of concepts is the distinguishing of nuance between various verbs used to describe interpersonal sexual relations.

BettyAnnMBSC,

Good style and form. Very reminiscent of early Devil. Scathing but subtly so. Articulate yet accessible.

Arrogant yet playful. I like it. Lose the quote. It's a little too typical VCU grad/ tragic hipster to be of the calibre :) you obviously desire to display. I have become inarticulate and apathetic as of late. For this I apologize. As far as my sexual repression.... That is a bit of an assumption on your part. Frustation with others densities and sexual repression are two distinct and seperate entities. I am guilty of only one of them.

The Devil

But you can call me Lucifer

I have become inarticulate and apathetic as of late. For this I apologize.

I missed smacking you around Loki, please post more often.

Also, watch yourself, you are slipping into that third person thing again, and you are not good enough to have a separate writing persona. Just some friendly advice.