JustAskJulie

How swinging differs in other countries

Such a great thread, I thought it wouldn't hurt to resurrect it.

I'd love it if someone told about their clubbing experiences in the UK.

I visited Rio's in London one Friday night a couple of years ago. From what I've read, it hasn't changed much since then.

Rio's is a "naturist" club, everyone in towels only. They have a pretty ok place, a few hot tubs a quite large, a sauna & hamman, pool & private rooms where you can close the door to play. There were a number of single male/female & an equal number of couples, age ~low 20's to 60's, maybe 50 or so people between 20:30 & & 1:00. Some quite ordinary & quite lovely too, all friendly. I saw a little play in the large hot tub between a couple & a singe girl, then they moved to a private room. Other than that, I didn't see any other action. I'd visit again though if I have a chance.

We had an experience with an Italian guy. Met him at a Sofitel Hotel bar just on the fly ended up in his room in MFM. Two things that he commented on that surprised me and perhaps supported Italian stereo types about Americans. One was his surprised that I was tan all over. He saw American women as strictly sun bathing with their tops on. The other, he commented on at the end. He was just amazed that American men share their wives. Italians and Germans yes, but American men are so macho, the look like they will punch you if you even speak to their wives...