funcoupledayton

Smokers vs Non-Smokers

JustAskJulie said:
Did she come back? Because that would give your answer.

Kinda, which is why I'm still not sure ;) This was on a cruise, during the day, so its not like at a normal party. I'd go with blow off more though.

angelkin said:
Is that like being kinda pregnant?

It is more, I'm not giving full details of a multifactorial situation ;) I'm still in contact with her from time to time, and we will be on the next cruise together. She's a fun person regardless.

At least on SLS, there's no differentiation in an online profile between "I smoke socially" vs. "I smoke like a diesel tractor at a tractor pull", so we don't make our decisions based solely on a smoking disclosure. I am much more sensitive to smokers then she is, but I think in the 6 years we've been swinging we've run into one couple that really was too much to bear. Most everyone who knows we don't smoke have done everything they can to "de-smoke" themselves and it turns out to be no problem at all. And the statement is certainly true, if we were to pass on anyone who disclosed smoking in their profile, we'd have missed out on some incredible times with some truly great couples.

In the beginning I tried not to let it get to me if they were *polite* smokers and hadn't smoked since having a shower and brushing their teeth. I quickly realized I'm very sensitive to the smell and taste of it and it really kills the mood for me. I no longer play with smokers.

Hmmm, I have some opinion on this.

I am a devout non-smoker. I quit Aug. 27, 1993. Tomorrow will be my 20 yr anniversary! However, Mrs. CC is a smoker.

Initially we both quit when she was pregnant with our son. She started up again after all the kid units were born. (Who starts again after 7 yrs??) Anyway, she is very aware of the fact that smoking bothers me, and I rarely find evidence of this fact during sex.

What DOES bug me though is the buzz kill it creates when enjoying time together and then having to take a time out for her to satisfy a nic fit. I mean, really? :confused:

I am a devout non-smoker. I quit Aug. 27, 1993. Tomorrow will be my 20 yr anniversary! However, Mrs. CC is a smoker.
I think it is interesting how we smoking converts become anti-smoking crusaders.

I think it is interesting how we smoking converts become anti-smoking crusaders.

Could be:

1. You feel so much better as a non-smoker that you want other smokers to feel the same.

2. You don't want to relapse when you're around other smokers so you try to convince them to stop so you won't be tempted anymore.

3. Damn them! They still get to smoke but you can't/won't...stop smoking so we can both lament together!

Can't stand being within 20 feet of a smoker they reek! Total deal breaker with us.

In the end, it comes down to whether you want it to be a deal-breaker or not. If you don't like being around/kissing smokers, then make it one of your criteria.

I would love to be able to have it as one of our criteria, but that would mean that PB would actually have to quit, rather than keep trying. I have never smoked, can't stand the smell or taste. He's very good about cleaning up for me, but it never quite gets rid of the smell.

I will not let smoking keep me from getting to know someone, but going to bed with them someone that smells like a ashtray is a different story.

Dealbreaker for us. I suppose it's possible that we could play with someone at a club if we never noticed any smoke odor attached to them. But I don't see us ever playing at the house of a smoker. Both of us can smell it a mile away.

Could be:

1. You feel so much better as a non-smoker that you want other smokers to feel the same.

2. You don't want to relapse when you're around other smokers so you try to convince them to stop so you won't be tempted anymore.

3. Damn them! They still get to smoke but you can't/won't...stop smoking so we can both lament together!

From one my brief periods when I quit, I can say

1. Yes

2. YES!!

3. HELL YES!!!!