As a sexually active person, would you find this useful?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. As a sexually active person, would you find this useful?

• Yes
    • No

Another thing I forgot to add under...

2. I assume that people will use it as a substitute for doing their own leg work.

What if the couple you're talking to has an std, and through the use of this credit score, they decline to get with you because you don't? Maybe they wanted to get with someone who had the same std that they had so they wouldn't be spreading anything. In that case, you should be appreciative of the fact that they took your health in consideration when getting with you. That is unless you just want to get with people that have stds. Then I guess that would be a different story, but at least they saved themselves the possible embarrassment of having it known that they had an std, and can more effectively serosort as a result of it.

I don't like the idea because it pigeon holes couples into a group. I find labels are nearly always bad in this part of my life.

Just because my wife and I are wild in July doesn't mean we will feel wild in September but try us again in December.

Trojan Defense - Suffice to say we are not seeing eye to eye, and probably will not.

Like Alura said, "progress". A "work in progress" generally connotes that some logistical, functional or systematic hurdles have been overcome. This proposal seems to have not even made it past the idea stage to the drawing board, let alone resolved obvious problems in its concept. If it has we have seen no evidence of it, even though it has been requested time and again. So we make assumptions and work off of them. Give us something concrete and maybe we can critique that, until then, assumptions are the best we have.

Your arguments are all over the place. When I said "I trust my own judgment and investigation over a systems like this," I was speaking specifically to STFREE.com, which was held up as an example of how this MIGHT work. You said, "One incorrect assumption that you make is that this is necessarily a substitute for getting to know someone." You made an assumption about what I said in that case.

I wouldn't substitute this, or any other system for getting to know someone. But to be fair to you, yes I assume many would. And you seem to agree. "If your credit score is below a certain level, there is no need for the loan officer to do any additional legwork (unless he just wants to waste his time)"

This is a contradiction. Which is it? Did I make the wrong assumption that people would not take the time get to know other or is it a waste of time to do so?

Before you respond, I took into account what you said about intent of friends vs. sex. Many of us make friends within the community that we have no intent on have sex with. The conversations, between making friends and ascertaining sexual compatibility are very different. Detailed sexual information, such as STI status, is not normally part of "just friends" conversation. And I do believe that for those who put stock in this system, the conversation would never evolve from "friends" to the "sexual compatibility" in some cases, because, as you said, that would be a waste of time.

AS for swingers having a poor score. Yes, highlander did address that. He used a number of statistics, but failed to supply links for most of his assertions. But two of the links, he did provide, seem to support what I was say about swingers having higher risk score. The third, a link to a portion of a study, seemed to deal primarily with homosexuality, bi-sexuality and IV drug use in relations to contracting HIV/AIDS and death from that disease. In fact, when it came to heterosexual males, they state that they adjusted to their formula based on the assumption that the female partner "must be an IV drug user". Bisexuals were identified as higher risk and are a known bridge for HIV to heterosexual communities. Bi-sexuality is common in the swinger community, so again I don't see how that contradicts my assumption.

My personal experience is very much applicable. I have seen hundreds if not thousands of systems over the years. I have yet to see one that is perfect. But my comment was not so much about systems, it was about the blanket statement, "A well designed system would account for this." System designers like to think they have everything covered, they rarely do. That statement is one that usually triggers my request to show me that it works. More times than not, the system failed the testing.

Wright brothers and the internet. LOL! It is well documented that the Wright brothers went out of their way to keep what they were doing a secret. As is the case with most inventors, by the way.

You are frustrated because people tell you it "can't work". That is the life of an inventor. I heard Dr. DeBakey speak in the early 2000's, and he echoed the same sentiment. Trail blazers catch grief, the good ones answer with success not by being critical of people’s opinions.

If you don't put stock in polls, why did you create this one?

This forum is not about STD's and Safe Sex. It is about the swinging lifestyle. STD/Safe sex is but one of a couple of dozen topics that are covered. I think what Alura is pointing out is that you only post on this topic. As swingers we are all interested in this topic, but it seems to be the only one you are interested in. This leads me to believe you are not in the lifestyle, but are here to glean some knowledge on the subject. That is fine, but it might behoove you to be answer criticisms of the proposal rather than telling people their opinions are "wrong assumptions"

By the way, you never have addressed any of the hurdles that need to be overcome; do you plan on doing so? Or are you here looking for us to solve those problems?

This seems to have turned into a pissing match, so unless you have something constructive to add or ask, I think it is a waste of time for me to continue to post to this thread. Good luck on creating your system, if it works well, I will gladly use it.

I will agree with you on one thing: continuing this discussion does seem rather pointless.

As for my comment to Alura about why I am talking about stds, and safer sex so much, I mistakenly referred to this part of the forum as a forum in and of itself. The point is, posting anything other than stds and safer sex in this part of the forum would be off topic, so that only leaves me with one thing to talk about whenever posting here. (Thought that'd be obvious.)

Couplerotic wrote:

Like Alura said, "progress". A "work in progress" generally connotes that some logistical, functional or systematic hurdles have been overcome. This proposal seems to have not even made it past the idea stage to the drawing board, let alone resolved obvious problems in its concept.

Trojan Defense replied:

As for my comment to Alura about why I am talking about stds, and safer sex so much, I mistakenly referred to this part of the forum as a forum in and of itself. The point is, posting anything other than stds and safer sex in this part of the forum would be off topic, so that only leaves me with one thing to talk about whenever posting here.

An answer somewhat related to the question would be good, Trojan Defense. Nevertheless, let me give you an actual sincere suggestion on how to proceed in getting this "work" "progressing" onto paper and, thus, a plan.

Who will administer this plan? and most importantly,

Who will pay for it and with what funds?

My suggestion would be The Center for Disease Control could create your plan and design the website on which folks might get answers. Your plan could, like all other medical care, be funded by a tax on products or activities that make people seek health care. Twenty-five cents on each box of bullets sold in America might be the established tax that would pay for treatment of gunshot wounds. Cars might have to be taxed $50.00 to cover the costs of treating auto accident victims. Thousands of items would need to be studied actuarily (Is that a word?) to determine their taxes. A surcharge would be needed to cover costs that were expended to lower the incidence of disease... in this case STDs. The CDC has most of the needed statistics to do this.

The tax revenues would be paid directly to the Non-Profit Health Care Provider (Blue Cross-Blue Shield comes to mind as a national and experienced non profit provider.) who would fund the costs of implementation. A cool thing about this would be that everybody would eventually pay for their health care before they needed it.

Get started on that and you'll be well on your way to seeing your plan thrive, eventually to having a statue of you at Johns-Hopkins and Harvard Medical. Your "Hero of the People" medal would be at the Smithsonian.

My suggestion would be The Center for Disease Control could create your plan and design the website on which folks might get answers.

Its a nice suggestion, though, according to my sources, such a plan would not work due to political reasons. That said, I do realize the scope of such an endeavor would require the help of experts whose knowledge and resources exceeds my own.

Get started on that and you'll be well on your way to seeing your plan thrive, eventually to having a statue of you at Johns-Hopkins and Harvard Medical. Your "Hero of the People" medal would be at the Smithsonian.

Thanks, but I really do not seek fame, or notoriety in the pursuit of these ideas. Simply put, what I seek is to make a positive difference, and if successful, that is reward in, and of itself.

As for my comment to Alura about why I am talking about stds, and safer sex so much, I mistakenly referred to this part of the forum as a forum in and of itself. The point is, posting anything other than stds and safer sex in this part of the forum would be off topic, so that only leaves me with one thing to talk about whenever posting here. (Thought that'd be obvious.)

Just to clarify, and make sure I understand (I'm slow sometimes); you do realize there are other forums besides STD/Safe Sex within swingersboard.com, correct?

Trojan Defense said:
Its a nice suggestion, though, according to my sources, such a plan would not work due to political reasons. That said, I do realize the scope of such an endeavor would require the help of experts whose knowledge and resources exceeds my own.

"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you're right." —Henry Ford

Thanks, but I really do not seek fame, or notoriety in the pursuit of these ideas. Simply put, what I seek is to make a positive difference, and if successful, that is reward in, and of itself.

Your nobility is laudable but sometimes one must endure the cost of fame when successful in the pursuit of one's dreams.

If such a thing existed then every swinger would automatically (based on probability, not even getting into tests themselves) have a low credit score. Just the fact that you engage in swinger type sex increases your risk and therefore lowers your 'credit' score.

Maybe it could be like the purity test, everyone tries to score lower :)

JustAskJulie said:
If such a thing existed then every swinger would automatically (based on probability, not even getting into tests themselves) have a low credit score. Just the fact that you engage in swinger type sex increases your risk and therefore lowers your 'credit' score.

There are relatively few studies on STD prevalence among swingers vs. other populations. A Dutch study suggested swingers had a slightly higher risk of STD's that then general population. There are a LOT of other factors to consider there:

a) does one tend to choose partners from a pool that have good public health resources and access to healthcare?

b) Does one choose partners that are users of hard drugs(meth, coke, opiates). HIV has a clear association with IV drug use-but non-IV use of meth/coke also increase risk per coital contact. Having a partner who is either an IV drug user or associates with them is a major risk factor for HIV. One Canadian study showed that non-drug using prostitutes had a lower risk of STD's than the general population.

c) age(very young and very old appear most susceptible to HIV for example)

d) Alcohol. 40% of new HIV infections are among alcoholics-which are only 8% of the population. Why?

impaired judgement (it is hard to use a condom when you are loaded), riskier social networks, and

possibly impact on the immune system.

Many couples where one thinks they are monogamous are NOT. A big chunk of the customers of IV drug using prostitutes(both gay or straight) are married men.

I don't think we are at the point that swinging is a clear HIV avoidance strategy-but I think in time that could become the case.

Bi-sexuality is common in the swinger community, so again I don't see how that contradicts my assumption.

please keep in mind:

there are VERY different populations of MSM.

Most MSM do not engage in anal sex-and that is where HIV risk is concentrated.