mra

Nudist Swingers Communities with Families

In some places in Europe there are swingers communities where whole families are present. The number of families may vary from half a dozen, to several dozen. Some of these communities are of a permanent nature and some families have lived there for years.

Sex in these communities is viewed as a natural part of life and may take place in private or public areas. Encounters may be between different sex or same sex couples or several people in a private or public place within the community and so long as it is between consenting adults there is little restriction. Children are taught that sex is a natural part of life and there is no shame associated with it. The rules on sex relate primarily to prohibiting sex between adults and persons under the legal age of sexual consent. There is however nothing preventing people of the same age for e.g. teenagers from getting together with each other.

I was wondering if there are such communities in the US. Has any one had an experience of such a community, and if so does this lead to a more comfortable outlook for the family towards sex and multiple sexual partners as a whole, or is the more conventional attitude towards sex too hard to get over.

We used to live summers at a nudist swinger resort in Indiana. Very occasionally there would be children under 18 around. During the day, they mixed with other folks just like any other nudist resort, i.e., played volleyball, swam in the pool, etc. I don't think there was ever any sexual problem, but many of the adults were uncomfortable with kids around because of the potential for a problem.

I never saw them at the outdoor places where there was sex during the daylight hours.

At night when the swinging action started, they were never around the naked dance floor or anywhere else that I ever saw.

Eventually, the management stopped letting youngsters in.

I have mixed feelings about letting kids be around openly sexually active adults. We always told our kids that sex was clean and natural and fun. Eventually they knew about our swinging and were OK with it. The problem is that other kids at school are not so well informed, they don't practice safe sex, and they just want a lot of irresponsible screwing.

I know from being in the Trobriand Islands years ago that kids can handle sex responsibly if the rest of the society is on the same page. That is also pretty true in Europe. But it isn't true here in the good old hypocritical, puritanical, two-faced U.S.A.

There is a local nudist colony that within the last year started hosting swing events. On their website they advertise themselves as a family friendly nudist colony. Given that we usually like to go hang out naked, we had already perused their website and had considered visiting well before they began hosted swing events.

My big hang up was that they are family friendly and there are permanent residents that live there. Basically what it came down to is the whole family nudist business has been on the decline for the past 30 years and they figure by tapping the swinger market they can bring in a steady cash flow.

As a parent, I would not be comfortable having my 8 and 9 year olds in an environment where people are openly having sex. I am quite comfortable in telling them anything they would like to know about sex or anything else they would care to talk about.

I think that most nudist businesses are going to the only admitting those 18 and over...probably to limit their liability. And even if places here would go with age of consent...in most states that is 16 and statutory rape laws would come into effect if someone got bent that their kid was being banged by someone old enough to be a parent.

As a business owner, I just wouldn't want those kinds of headaches and would rather limit my business to the 18 and over crowd.

As Willyoats said, here in the U.S. it's hypocritical and puritanical.

My wife and I have been considering going to a nudist camp for a long time now. We've looked at many different options, but have strongly decided not to attend any camp that permits children under the age of 18.

It's not that we think kids should be sheltered from nude bodies or from sex in general. It's not that we want them to be permanently ashamed of their bodies or anything like that.

It IS that society as a whole here has really gone down the ****hole, in so far as relations between children and adults are concerned.

Child Protective Services (state run agencies, not federal) here in the U.S. routinely treat people as guilty until proven innocent, and they will destroy you if you attempt to stop them. I've seen this happen in relatively near family twice now. In both cases, the accused were blatantly innocent and provably so. In both cases, it cost them oodles of dollars to clear their names. There really is no reigning in these agencies. They are perpetually on a war path, and anyone in their way is "harming children" or "not looking out for the well being of the next generation". I.e., demonized as the problem people.

Further to that, many state laws (all?) in this country now have criminalized the giving of alcohol to your own children as a felony, punishable by prison time.

We also now have the sex offender's lists. Initially created with a tight scope, they became federally mandated in 1996. Now, the scope is very broad. Even a person who strips their clothes off and runs across a sporting pitch must now permanently register their address on the sex offender's list.

You see, being nude is a heinous, national crime in the United States. It requires these deviant whackos to forever report their address so that the public might be protected from these deviants.

Gone are the days when adults could engage in the lives of children not their own without fear of criminal prosecution. Now present are the days where the mere accusation of a child will send you to prison.

I love children. I loved volunteering for group activities with them. I loved interacting with them. I loved mentoring them. Nowadays, I never even talk to a child unless it is in a public place with a bazillion people around. I no longer volunteer my time for children. It's scary as hell.

Given this context, the idea that I'd walk around naked in front of children is simply right out. I will not do it.

And the last nail in the coffin; most nudist resorts in this country are decidedly anti-swinging.

Actually bbarnsworth...being nude is not against federal law...public nudity tends to fall under most local or state jurisdictions...which is why when we visit the national seashore park in corpus christi we can be naked and have never once had a park ranger tell us to put our clothes back on. Of course we make sure that we are pretty far down the beach with no neighbors for at least half a mile or more.

Since you are on federal (not state) owned land, the worst they can tell us is to put our clothes/swimsuits back on (and only then if someone is actually close enough to complain...but again we make effort to be secluded). There is even an "unofficial" nude beach where the only traffic is foot traffic or rangers on their 4 wheelers/ATVs. The rest of the beach is drivable.

In some places in Europe there are swingers communities where whole families are present. The number of families may vary from half a dozen, to several dozen. Some of these communities are of a permanent nature and some families have lived there for years.

Sex in these communities is viewed as a natural part of life and may take place in private or public areas. Encounters may be between different sex or same sex couples or several people in a private or public place within the community and so long as it is between consenting adults there is little restriction. Children are taught that sex is a natural part of life and there is no shame associated with it. The rules on sex relate primarily to prohibiting sex between adults and persons under the legal age of sexual consent. There is however nothing preventing people of the same age for e.g. teenagers from getting together with each other.

I was wondering if there are such communities in the US. Has any one had an experience of such a community, and if so does this lead to a more comfortable outlook for the family towards sex and multiple sexual partners as a whole, or is the more conventional attitude towards sex too hard to get over.

Being a nudist who regularly goes to a family style nudist resort, heres my take on this. With the nudity I see children brought up in that lifestyle feel somewhat more comfortable about their bodies and being nude. Then comes the teen years. Most tend to start putting their clothes back on unless in the pool. I assume that they are uncomfortable with their changing bodies. Then as they get a bit older the clothes come back off. This makes me question allowing children to actively veiw open sex. I mean lets face reality, kids will interupt their parents durring the act and not suffer damage, but seeing active swinging going on? These communities in Europe sound more like commune type situations, so the kids view the other adults they see their parents having sex with as part of the family. In a true open swinger camp they would see mom and dad doing it with whoever they had attraction with that weekend. Not sure that is such a good idea. Yes it is good that teaching kids that sex is good and normal, but without a lot of solid studies I cant get behind allowing them open watching abilities.

As for seeing this kind of place here in the US, I wouldnt expect it anytime soon. The legal issues are way to great. I know of one couple who had to stop going to a swinger friendly resort because of just having a baby. The owners take the laws and potential problems seriously. Is this all being influenced by the puritanical ideals of our society. Yes and no. I am certainly very liberal in my sexual attitudes but cant get behind the idea of allowing kids to watch their parents having sex. I like the unwritten policy of our resort. Out in the open swinging is kept below the radar, but what happens in your tent or RV is your bussiness.

Why take chances when it comes to kids? Yes they know somethings going on, but do they really need to see it?

I agree that 'Willie oats' hit the nail on the head!

And, because of our country's (USA) hypocracy it's just too dangerous to have minors around.

Willie, I don't know if you read or heard but, we had a club here in Marion County, Florida busted just this past weekend. Now they did, and I think irresponsibly, have some gambling devises on the property and, according to the authorities, some drugs, but the main reason they were raided was the neighbors knowing it was a swingers club.

Swinging, in itself, isn't really illegal but if you add anything to it that might, even remotely, give appearance of being improper you're just asking for it.

Swinging, in itself, isn't really illegal but if you add anything to it that might, even remotely, give appearance of being improper you're just asking for it.

Yep. Some communities will do anything and everything they can to shut down a swinger club. One of our local clubs fought for its very existence for SEVEN YEARS, with multiple court appearances, raids, locked doors, etc. Just by sheer weight of antagonism towards the owners, most people would have given up. They stuck it out though, and they won.

We have been to both "swing" nudist and family nudist resorts in the USA. We have never observed anything inappropriate. We had a little more fun at the "swing" type places, but enjoyed thet others as well. The members all are great reasources of information, and they do not wish anything bad to happen at their resorts. Isnt it kinda hard to judge with out all the facts?

We got that here also, their called cults. :rolleyes:

Sex in these communities is viewed as a natural part of life and may take place in private or public areas. Encounters may be between different sex or same sex couples or several people in a private or public place within the community and so long as it is between consenting adults there is little restriction.
We got those here also and we call them adult only swingers clubs :hahaha: To be honest though, we don't want to see our family there :eek: any of them....

Children are taught that sex is a natural part of life and there is no shame associated with it.
We did pretty good raising our children without nudity in our home. We led with communication and talks at the right time.....I don't feel any shame in that, and for what its worth, neither do they.

The rules on sex relate primarily to prohibiting sex between adults and persons under the legal age of sexual consent.
We have that here as well, its called the Law.

There is however nothing preventing people of the same age for e.g. teenagers from getting together with each other.
We got that here as well as if it sounds so strange, we call it dating. Again we always felt good about talking openly with our children, about sex. This was some of the good timing, for us. Good communication about what they might be facing and how they feel about that.

I was wondering if there are such communities in the US.

I'm really not trying to be harsh. I just have a difference of opinion. If we are at any social event where children are present, we shall not expose ourselves. We never felt the need to expose our children as adolesents, to the sexual maturity of adults. Its hard enough raising kids this day in age. It's our duty and responcibility as parents, to guide our children to their maturity, in their own time.

Has any one had an experience of such a community, and if so does this lead to a more comfortable outlook for the family towards sex and multiple sexual partners as a whole, or is the more conventional attitude towards sex too hard to get over
I don't feel there is anything for us to "get over" and quite frankly, neither do our adult children.

I have to ask one question out of all this. At these places you speak of, is there an area for those adolesent who are in the I DONT WANT THIS group. I highly doubt it. There is a big difference between subjection and choice. I would gladly be the keeper of that door..... Even, if it was just for one child !

The reason I stand on behalf of children is because I don't buy into the fact that children ask for the exposure. Teach them to understand themselves and the world around them as they grow. They will understand you as loving parents, and maturity in return.....

• Like 1

Further to that, many state laws (all?) in this country now have criminalized the giving of alcohol to your own children as a felony, punishable by prison time.

In Georgia, it's legal to allow your own child alcohol in your own home. It makes sense to me that parents should be allowed that latitude so that kids learn about it at home rather than at a frat house.

In Georgia, it's legal to allow your own child alcohol in your own home. It makes sense to me that parents should be allowed that latitude so that kids learn about it at home rather than at a frat house.

100% agreed. I think the law in this state sucks in that regard.

I come from a very open family. Nothing is off limits. My wife and I have taught our kids from a young age that nudity and sex is nothing to be ashamed of. However with that being said my wife and I do not allow the kids to join in any of our swinger activities. That may be common place in other countries but here in the US that will get you thrown in jail. 

• Like 1