megauxurious

Is swinging an intelligent choice?

I'll express my opinion on a blog/forum based on my education and experience. If you find something I say interesting and or unbelievable shoot me an email I'll guide you towards the source that I based my decision on. It is then up to you to research it, agree with me or disagree.

If we are in a business proposal or any other official capacity my sources will be reviewed and accurately quoted.

But your insinuation that anyone should provide sources on an opinion blog/forum is absurd and is not the place for it.

Whats next? be at a swing club sitting around the table having a discussion, would you require me to have my resources available.

if you desire a one on one debate lets move to a private room or discussion not on a general forum board.

I have to go with megaux on this one.

You have been abused by other boards?

Here we try to keep it on the board so everyone can share the information. And we debate in public with proper decorum.

Here on this board we may ask for citations if you are quoting specific information, we want to know. At the club we may look at you and think, "bullshit" or "he's got a point". It's silly to ask for cites at swingers club, unless you are really interested.:)

On this board (and I don't care about other boards), if you quote as the OP did here, he should cite.

I may not be the brightest fox in the hen house, but I can still get me some chickens.:lol:

Thank you all for thoughtful replies. I may disagree with you about my obligation to provide my sources ON THIS FORUM - even if the source is demanded, but I have decided it would be common courtesy to do so for those who really want them. You are right it is easy - both for me to post the source if I know it and you to follow my pointers - but I must confess I am a bit of a computer/internet-phobe and I actually don't know how to set up links and the like.

I will try to provide sources where I can do so without what I consider undue effort. I realise I haven't proved myself an expert and can't expect you to just take my word for stuff, on the other hand being seen as the resident expert is not my purpose for joining this forum so forgive me if I sometimes decide its not worth my while to spend ages looking up sources. I don't have access to e-journals because I don't want to pay for them.

WRT to IQ and its correlates I have been through many thousands of articles and maybe 100 books and many conferences and have worked for many years as a psychometrician so my knowldge feels to me like knowing how to breath and I sometimes forget that isn't the case for everyone - that some don't know the average IQ is 100 or what a correlation is. For example the finding that liberal/tolerant/open-minded attitudes to alternative lifestyles tends - quite strongly - to go with high IQ has been covered in so many papers that I feel somewhat at a loss to mention a few as sources. It seems reasonable to me to just quote it as a well known fact even if it isn't well known because any kind of search at all will confirm it. Still you may disagree and if you do I'll try to provide sources.

The swinger survey may be out of date (2000) but it is both the most recent one and the most adequate and comprehensive one I've seen in the literature. If anyone knows of any more recent academic studies on swingers I would be thrilled if you could tell me where to find them. I've got an interesting one on swinger values.

Mega,

I have been on BBSs for over 20 years. When someone says something is gospel, then someone is going to ask for the reference. Sometimes it is a prove it request. Other times it is to see the original material to form their own opinion. I fully understand having knowledge that I can't point to a source, as an engineer, I have the same problem sometimes. But you would be better dropping this thread and just voicing your opinion with "I think that."