50sLady

Been there. Done that. Had a good time. Got Herpes.

Trading full test results is absolutely mandatory for any sort of unprotected fun, and if they have played since the test, it's completely protected or not at all.

This is exactly why we ask how often people play before we mention tests. We attack this issue head on in the second email, letting people know, we only play with test results, and only if they have had completely protected sex since the last test, and they must be willing to submit to a test 2 weeks prior to playing with us. Most hiv/aids tests take up to 2 weeks for results. We have no issue doing the same. One of our mfm was with a good friend of ours, he still had to get tested! I only say nasty, because of them being willing to spread it, the honest and up front people with stds get nothing but respect from us. I suppose in my temper, I didn't make that clear.

I'm curious do you ONLY Play with people who will exchange test results or do you only play BAREBACK with people who will provide test results. Your two posts said different things so I'm a bit curious there.

I'm curious do you ONLY Play with people who will exchange test results or do you only play BAREBACK with people who will provide test results. Your two posts said different things so I'm a bit curious there.

We were a little confused by that ourselves.

Well blood tests came back and said HSV1 so most likely we got it from oral.

Even knowing that's most likely how we got it, I don't know that we would have changed anything. With perhaps the exception of requiring test results with all playmates.

I was never too worried about “sex disease” however, I don’t think of myself as immortal. Unfortunately my “partner” caught a case of them herpes from some partner because she let her guard down too much. She had unprotected sex with a guy who was notorious for screwing everything and anything without protection. His bad, her weakness. Personally I have not been with her for some many months now, but not because of the fear, actually it’s of all things, the cost of gas. My swinging has dropped to a nothing due to distance from my partner, my depression and of course, gas prices. Depression? That’s the way things are because my wife died, not of a sex disease or a car accident but because of a silly thing like cancer. You can protect against a “sex disease”, but what of cancer? She did not smoke, was more of a vegetarian, she was always active but she gets cancer. Why does the wheel turn that way? So you took a chance with sex and you came away with a buggy? So what. Are you a life lesson to us all? Yes, but it is what we want to do. We take the warning and fight the best fight. Is sex the end of it all? For a moment it is Eden, but even Eden has a snake. Should we stop? Why? Just be careful and enjoy. The next few breaths you take will never be lived again. Enjoy sex, life, a book, a movie, a story – all of the things around you. They are there for you and me.

Hey I like the lifestyle, would do more but time and distance are my enemies. I like my partner, she introduced me to the style, but I won’t abandon her. She is my almost “next best friend”. My wife when she was alive and even now is and always will be my best friend. Although I did not swing with my wife, in fact I would never have thought of it, she was many lovers as she was one. But now she is gone and I move on.

Will I reject my partner? No. She is a friend of mine. Have protected sex, yes you should always practice it. Live a good life, love what you want and take a tumble with something exciting. Why not?

• Like 1

50s lady,

Even though you put yourself at risk-i.e., herpes.....just want you to know, as you probably already do:

1) herpes can be contracted even when no lesion is present in the partner.

2) sometimes lesions present inside the vaginal cavity-and you don't have symptoms.

3) according to my physician friends--herpes is very prevalent in the middle to upper class (count yourself lucky, I guess) LOL

Just know my friend, you are not alone!!! There are very many people who share this also.

Now to everyone else......syphilis is on the rise! Be very careful!

Well blood tests came back and said HSV1 so most likely we got it from oral.

Even knowing that's most likely how we got it, I don't know that we would have changed anything. With perhaps the exception of requiring test results with all playmates.

HSV1 is cold sores....by the time the age of 50 90% are positive. Educate those you played with and good odds at least HALF are positive and don't understand it.

We are most likely positive for it simply due to age and exposure....neither of us have ever had a cold sore on the lips. We know that doesn't mean we don't have it.

HSV3 positive HSV4 positive and HSV6 positive and good odds on HSV5.....(I hope I have all the numbers after HSV right :lol: )

Now all of you, go figure out your positives....betcha most of you are also positive for 1,3,4, and 6 and many for 5 as well.

HSV3 positive HSV4 positive and HSV6 positive and good odds on HSV5.....(I hope I have all the numbers after HSV right :lol: )

Now all of you, go figure out your positives....betcha most of you are also positive for 1,3,4, and 6 and many for 5 as well.

Ok, I'll admit it, I'm familiar with 1 & 2, but what are the others? Got a list somewhere?

Ok, I'll admit it, I'm familiar with 1 & 2, but what are the others? Got a list somewhere?

Lazy, much? :D

Chickenpox 3 (shingles is the same)

Mono 4

cytomegalovirus 5

Roseola infantum 6

I'll grant you until I took microbiology I did not know either.

Also, did you know that if you are positive for HSV antibodies of any kind, you are more resistant to contracting it from others than those who are not. Note, I am not recommending you go expose yourself to build up your resistance, I just found that an interesting result of one of the more recent studies. I think that is also the same study that found that 85-90% of people over the age of 50 will test positive for HSV of some type.

Mono 4

cytomegalovirus 5

Roseola infantum 6

The list I have is slightly different.

HSV1 - cold sores

HSV2 - genital Herpes.

HSV3 - chickenpox, and herpes zoster or shingles.

HSV4 and HSV5 - mononucleosis

HSV6 and HSV7 - roseola

HSV8 - Kaposi's Sarcoma, These tumors are found in people with AIDS and are otherwise very rare.

• Like 1

Cytomegalovirus (CMV)

CMV is a common virus that infects most people at some time during their lives but rarely causes obvious illness. It is a member of the herpes virus family. Other members of the herpes virus family cause chickenpox, infectious mononucleosis, fever blisters (herpes I) and genital herpes (herpes II). Like other herpes viruses, CMV infection can become dormant for a while and may reactivate at a later time. The virus is carried by people and is not associated with food, water or animals.

I could have the numbers wrong. But CMV is a herpes virus and it's missing from your list.

Maybe once some of you see the other names here now, you can see why doctors do not get excited about it.

And I didn't know 7 was also roseola but I'm not surprised.

I never totally trust wiki but here is there page:

Herpesviridae - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

HSV3 is the one that amuses me

Parents intentionally expose their children to it, "to get it over with" I know my mom did for both my brother and I. We got it at the same time, were miserable for a few days, and then it was done.

Yeah CMV is a weird one, I have never seen it put in a group, so I don't know where it fits either. The odd thing about it is, it is one of the few Herpes viruses that is primarily transmitted by bodily fluids instead of by contact. It is also the one most often transferred at birth from mother to child.

tribbles said:

Mono 4

cytomegalovirus 5

Roseola infantum 6

Sometimes. Yes, I know I could have looked it up, but since you seemed to know the answer I figured I'd ask.

Ok, now you made me look. The site I found may fill in the gap between your two list differentiations.

According to this link: Herpes virus: 8 types

There are 8 types of Herpes

Type 3 Causes Chickenpox/shingles

Type 4 causes Epstein Barr (which causes Mono)

Type 5 causes cytomegalovirus which is also a cause of Mono

Type 6 is roseola

Human herpes virus 7 (HHV7) is even more recently observed and is closely related to HHV6. Like other human herpes viruses, HHV6 and HHV7 are so common that most of humankind has been infected at some point, usually early in life. HHV7 can also cause roseola, but it is not clear what other clinical effects that this virus causes.

Type 8 causes Kaposi's Sarcoma (as you said Tumors found in people with AIDS)

That said, I have 3 & 4 (I believe, although I guess it could be 5). I actually have recurring mono, have had since I contracted it initially in 10th grade. Even though they say it's like chicken pox (get it once and forget it). When I kept getting strep last year I did some reading and confirmed that recurring strep can bring on mono and vice versa so I got tested again and sure enough I had it. It flares up whenever I get stressed out. And, of course, I had chicken pox when I was a kid.

Hate to beat a dead horse, actually hate to beat anything dead, or alive for that matter, but isn’t Herpes just some ordinary “infection” kind of like cold. From what I read about Herpes, “If you've done your herpes homework, you also know it won't kill you, and it probably will not cause serious health problems later” this is straight from WebMD

Your biggest fear is the imperfection that comes with the label. Me personally, labels belong on a bottle. I’d have to admit it’s not nice to spread herpes, but what are we to do, should we now be constantly tested for it? Before anyone jumps down my throat, just be certain that you can contract other dangerous “sex” diseases, but we all know that most of us in this club use common sense and just wrap it, barrier it and ask questions.

To some of the outsiders our lifestyle is too be punished, and Herpes is one of the avenging Swords of Justice, more like Revenge. People like to condemn other than compliment what they find too foreign. Republicans hate Democrats, Democrats hate Conservatives, Conservatives hate Liberals, Islam hates Christians, Christians hate the Jew. The list of hate is too long, and now we have Vanillas on the side lines saying Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah to people like 50sLady. Personally other then the painful sores on her labia, I think 50sLady feels more ashamed than anything else. Should she be ashamed? Should she swear off the lifestyle? Should she point her finger at Hubby and say, “Told you so”?

For the first instance, I ask what she has to be ashamed of. The answer is nothing, she enjoyed the swinging, the sex and the people. From her own words she admits she can’t stay away from the lifestyle. As for blaming someone else for your actions, that’s just displacement of blame.

Again, from what I read about Herpes, and not only from this site but more from a medical site such as WebMD, Herpes is just like a cold. Some colds are nasty, others only give you the sniffles. Stress seems to be the dominate factor here. Stress of the disease if you can call it that, to stress of the label of not being perfect. Let’s be serious, all of the men cannot be like James Bond, Indiana Jones or Jonathan Rhys Meyers. It’s not only impossible, it’s ridiculous. All of these men, two being factious and the last a real human all have some defect either physical or a defect in character. And all women cannot be picture perfect, it’s not natural. Nor is it desirable. For me this lifestyle is all about imagination and a good time. Can I help a woman have a good time? I wonder what she’s like if I do this or that, or squeeze here, lick this way or that way? :facelick: These are all the questions I ask when I’m with a woman. I don’t think, gee, she’s a little bottom heavy, her tits lay a certain way, her pussy lips are too big, or too small. I look past all of this and concentrate on how to help her have a good time. For me it’s all about the woman and what they want. :) My needs are always secondary. As statistics show, there are so many people with Herpes that it is like saying somewhere someplace on planet Earth there must be about a billion people with a cold at this very moment. So 50sLady, don’t stress an imperfection, look towards just being careful and communicate. Just follow the rules of when it is painful for you and don’t stress out.  :cool:

• Like 1