twotocum4u2

Pictures that turn you off!

I agree with alot of the things others have said:

1) No glaring closeups of your private parts - I'm much more interested in the person as a whole. And it works for me to have something left to the imagination.

2) Pictures taken using the camera & mirror trick - those that are very contrived, seeing a person standing there, facing the mirror, camera in hand, naked, trying to look sexy, failing miserably - and "boom" this huge camera flash reflecting in the picture.

3) Clean up your bedroom before you take the picture. A huge pile of dirty clothes in the background just doesn't work for me.

4) Couple profiles that show only one or the other.... Got something/someone to hide?

5) Pictures taken to show off your wealth. One picture of your Harley is cool - maybe even two - but I don't want to see dozens of your Harley, your boat, your truck and your wife in 25 different outfits. I think the KISS principle should apply. Keep pictures tasteful, simple and CURRENT

Just my humble opinion.

One picture of your Harley is cool - maybe even two - but I don't want to see dozens of your Harley, your boat, your truck

Oh come now, don't you want to see where you'll be having fun with them? :lol:

I saw a pic of a lady yesterday in a profile where she was in the basement posing naked next to the kitty litter! :eek:

I saw a pic of a lady yesterday in a profile where she was in the basement posing naked next to the kitty litter! :eek:
My urge to go downstairs for a snack just disappeared.

:wtf3:

I'm pretty much the same as everyone else who has spoken up about approving pictures. My attitude is, "It's your profile, and if you want that on there, be my guest..." Obviously if it's illegal or against the site's policies, I disapprove it, but I've only had to do it once - a woman and her kids (all clothed, thank God.)

Pictures that turn me off? I'll say ditto to the crotch shots, extreme nipple close-ups, and add:

1.) Pictures taken with a cell phone camera and blown up to a viewable size. Well, they're not viewable when the 640 X 480 picture is composed of 12 pixels.

2.) Awful backgrounds. If you can't keep a relatively neat house, go to a hotel and take pics. Look around you before you click the shutter. Close the lid on the toilet! (Yes, one pic I saw had something floating in the toilet - ewwwwwww!)

3.) Reflections. Take down the mirror or move away from it. We can see the person taking the pic, the dog, the dirty laundry you shoved out of the way, and the bottle of anal lube on the dresser.

4.) People holding up a can of beer (extra points if the shutter was snapped while the person was screaming WOOOOOOOO! at the time.) This isn't a frat party - nobody is particularly interested in your beverage of choice. Maybe when we meet for drinks, but not now.

5.) Pictures that have been Photoshopped to the point that they're unidentifiable. Ok, you have Photoshop skills. But do you have to apply every effect that came with the program to the picture at the same time?

6.) Any photo that you can't identify within the first 1-2 seconds. I gave up on the Where's Waldo books years ago. Ok, it's a close-up - of what? Wait, there might be a tattoo here... no... that's a thumb print on the lens...

7.) Outdoor distance shots. We're interested in seeing you, not the scenery around you. You can't have a picture take of you standing in front of the Grand Canyon, get the whole canyon in the shot, and expect to be seen. It just isn't going to happen. Crop the photo so that we can see you.

I guess to sum up, I'd say:

1.) Buy a good digital camera (they're not expensive at all. A very good quality camera can be had for about $60.)

2.) Learn to use the photo editing software that came with the camera. It will remove red-eye, and allow you to crop the picture so that the person is the main focus of the picture.

3.) Be aware of your surroundings. Clean up the background, take pics in a hotel room, or move it outdoors.

4.) Frame your shot. The focus of attention is the person, not the scenery.

5.) Post pics that are appropriate. We don't care about your kids, animals, bird house collection, or NSACAR paraphernalia. We might be talked into coming to look at your etchings, but we don't want to see an extreme close-up of them.

6.) Keep them tasteful. Sometimes not seeing everything right out of the gate is better. Leave a bit of mystery. Remember guys - unsolicited dick pictures will get you ignored or blocked faster than you can type, "Your wife is hawt!!!1"

Having said all of that, I eagerly await the criticism of our profile pics... :)

Thank you!

I couldn't find any duplicates. A couple of them are similar, but if you look, they're not duplicates.

OK, just saw one that brought this Pictures that turn you off! thread into my mind. Brand new at SLS, the profile says that the woman is 30 years of age but the picture shows her bent over a chest of drawers in what is obviously a Holiday Inn, the television is a model that people stopped using in the mid-1980s, the telephone is one of those old kind that has the twelve buttons on it and belonged to the Bell Telephone Company (model 501). What do some people think?

~M

OK, just saw one that brought this Pictures that turn you off! thread into my mind. Brand new at SLS, the profile says that the woman is 30 years of age but the picture shows her bent over a chest of drawers in what is obviously a Holiday Inn, the television is a model that people stopped using in the mid-1980s, the telephone is one of those old kind that has the twelve buttons on it and belonged to the Bell Telephone Company (model 501). What do some people think?

~M

Too many times staying at a Holiday Inn in the 80's? And you know too much about old phones (including model #'s):lol:

And her age is off by a decade or it is a retro Inn...::P:

Too many times staying at a Holiday Inn in the 80's? And you know too much about old phones (including model #'s)

And her age is off by a decade or it is a retro Inn

Ask me anything about a Holiday Inn; I'll have the answer for you. I've even stayed at the Royal Holiday Inn (in Singapore). When a person is traveling for business, at times there is very little to do. Reading the paper label on the bottom of the telephone is one kind of entertainment :).

Yes, you are understanding the point I am trying to make. The woman might have been conceived in the pictured hotel room but she certainly did not experience a grown-up woman's adventure in that room.

~M

I really hate seeing the womans "brown starfish" pointed up at me when i am browsing. I am an ass-man, but that is just not appealing!

Too many times staying at a Holiday Inn in the 80's? And you know too much about old phones (including model #'s):lol:

And her age is off by a decade or it is a retro Inn...::P:

I've stayed at some pretty bad Holiday Inns that were franchises in the last 10 years. It actually turned me off to Holiday Inns in general. I think they may be trying to correct the image they were letting their franchises give them, as all the ones I've seen in the last couple of years have been pretty decent and updated.

Perhaps a small detour on this thread, but very related. I was going to create a new thread, but figured this might be a good place. We recently received an email from another couple on AFF. It said something like, we've not met anyone yet, will you be our first. For a number of reasons we don't plan on meeting, but the pictures they attached to the email were very bad. Not that they were bad looking, but the photos themselves were poor. Very bad quality, expressions ranging between surprised and mug shot like. I really want to write back and say..you would have better luck if you sent better pics. But I don't want to lead them on thinking we're interested. Outside of profile reviews here you ever commented on another persons profile, like "here's why you are not meeting anyone.....blah blah"?

Yes, I have commented on the content of a profile. Some people don't realize that they've made conflicting statements in their profiles - things like that. The only time I've commented on someone's picture is if we know the couple. I might make suggestions or offer to take photos for them, which we have done on occasion. Other than that, I figure if someone wants crappy pictures on their profile, it's their profile...

We sent a long email to a couple who contacted us on AFF explaining why they weren't getting any response (standard member, no pictures, 3 whole sentences of text). They seemed grateful in their reply, but didn't actually add pictures so maybe they were just polite.

Who really thinks that they can get other people to meet them without ANY pictures? Duh!

You know, I lean more towards Julie's remarks about the Holiday Inn. We've been in a few that were definitely furnished in 1985 and NOT 2005, if you get my drift. In addition, non-chain hotels, the Mom and Pop types, could be another reason for the pic, especially in rural areas of Vermont, New Hampshire, New York, or maybe even other spots. From your description, about the only thing I can conclude is that there are too many ways to make assumptions that may or may not be correct. I put a pic on another site, simple picture of some wonderful FM pumps. Someone wrote to tell me it wasn't possible for me to be as old as I stated, since "old ladies" don't wear shoes like that. Hopefully it was a joke.

Someone wrote to tell me it wasn't possible for me to be as old as I stated, since "old ladies" don't wear shoes like that. Hopefully it was a joke.
Just one of those impulsive things that men have been known to say when they are feeling awkward.

~M

lmao, you're right, and I should have considered that. I can't wait to hear what comments the next pair brings.

Okay, just saw the silliest one on SLS- a couple sitting together, his face is swirled out, and her's isn't. So... it doesn't matter if the world knows who she is? Or no one will recognize her but everyone will know him? Or someone who recognizes her won't be able to figure out who he his?

Marie always notices if the woman's hair is clean in pics, we don't get wedding pictures (even if you met in the lifestyle and want to share your special day with strangers), everyone agrees about kids but Marie always makes sure no toys, or other odd things are in the background or sides of the shot. We don't try and hide or enhance our status of life or income, but clean up a bit people. Otherwise we think all the pictures tell something about the couple their words may not, bikes, dogs, fish, cartoons, cars, genitals, all of it gives insight.

Okay, just saw the silliest one on Swing Lifestyle- a couple sitting together, his face is swirled out, and her's isn't. So... it doesn't matter if the world knows who she is? Or no one will recognize her but everyone will know him? Or someone who recognizes her won't be able to figure out who he his?

I saw that and wondered the same thing! My thought was actually that they aren't married, so people who know her wouldn't connect him with her, but that kinda negates the whole point of swinging, doesn't it? Maybe she's agoraphobic and never leaves the house.

Could it possibly mean that it's a fake profile and she's an ex he wants to embarrass? Or perhaps she's not even a girlfriend at all, just someone he couldn't care less about exposing in that way?

In any case, it clearly means a) One or both of them thinks his privacy is more important than hers, and b) If they are a couple, it means one or both of them is stupid enough to think that if one of them is recognized, it won't lead to the other. Definitely a head-shaker.

Recently viewed a picture included with an SLS profile; a view of a woman's boob, a man's hand cupping it. The closeness of the camera's lens made it painfully evident that the man's fingernails were loaded with grease and grime. :eek:

Saw a profile on our local club website - she was covered in some kind of blue and red body paint or wax - can't tell which. Just drops of it all over.

Ok, that was weird enough. But the big turn-off was what appeared to be bruises everywhere as well, especially between her thighs. Now maybe they were birthmarks, who knows? But combine the red/blue dots and heavy bruising? Yeah, big turnoff.

They actually contacted us. We gave a very polite decline and quickly shut down the computer that night!

Recently viewed a picture included with an Swing Lifestyle profile; a view of a woman's boob, a man's hand cupping it. The closeness of the camera's lens made it painfully evident that the man's fingernails were loaded with grease and grime. :eek:

Mr NC is a mechanic, and depending on how busy he is and what he's worked on, his fingernails look the same way.

NOT something we would ever show a closeup of! But I will tell you it is very embarrassing for him, and he does worry that women will be turned off when they meet him in person, not understanding that not only has he showered, he has scrubbed like you wouldn't believe. They may not "look" clean, but they really are.

Certainly not picking on you here - it would turn me off seeing it in a public picture too.

I saw a picture tonight on swinglifestyle's 'random matches'. It was amazing.

There was a black box to the left of the person. There was a black box over his head.

So what do we have left? Half of a torso, holding a beer. Well done.

Okay, just saw the silliest one on Swing Lifestyle- a couple sitting together, his face is swirled out, and her's isn't. So... it doesn't matter if the world knows who she is? Or no one will recognize her but everyone will know him? Or someone who recognizes her won't be able to figure out who he his?

There are around 2000 or so people in my area who would be able to put a name with my face, and maybe 50 for my wife. So I can understand how someone could do this without being insane.

It could also be a work thing where no one at work knows his wife.

I still agree its stupid and why we won't be doing face pictures (we did for years when we started), despite the much lower chance with Mrs. Chicup of being recognized.

Certainly not picking on you here - it would turn me off seeing it in a public picture too.
Your observation gives me no kind of feeling of being picked upon. And you did, in fact, go directly to the point -- why would someone choose to use such an unappealing view?