lustylearning

Generational differences in swinging

OK, you've convinced me, I need to go out and pick out a nice rocking chair..... :-)

Hehe, I assume you know that wasn't the intent, but just an observation on the group.

If you were to follow their trends you should get a country club membership and play a lot of golf.

Just my take on where they are ;)

AskMeOk said:

So, I'm really looking for the 41+ crowd. AND I'm wondering why 51+ has traded their genitalia for the rocking chair. AND AND I'm wondering if the 61+ group is really just about BINGO.....

OK...Let's hear it for naked BINGO!!!! :lol:

timswife28 said:
OK...Let's hear it for naked BINGO!!!! :lol:

I'll vote for that.....

And along those lines.... let's look at another trend. When we got into nudism, in our mid 20's, all you had to do was look like you might be thinking about possibly having a somewhat sexual thought to be tossed out of the nudist resort.

Now, "lifestyle friendly" resorts are beginning to pop up everywhere.

I think that's neat!

this is probably our error,due to lack of experience in the lifestyle. We make assumptions that 30 somethings, wouldn't be interested in us. we have a few extra pounds which aren't excessive, but enough that we know certain groups wouldn't give us the time of day. So far we have only visited one club and while it was an interesting evening, we were too new to hook up with anybody.

That is changing and we are getting more comfortable with the lifestyle in general, so our perception may soon change, as well. So for all the 30 somethings who are open to us early 50's couples, we would like to hear from you,

lustylearning said:
Thank you all for the thoughtful feedback. Hubby and I are 41 and 38, and have played with 20 somethings to 50 somethings. Our experiences have been, thankfully, probably 97% positive. It is in watching the interactions between our friends that we've been somewhat taken aback.

We would agree that newness in the lifestyle is a strong consideration in examining differences between couples, probably just as important as age...

My two cents.

We are in our early 40's. We have talked about swinging for the better part of our 20+ marriage but only started actually getting into it last year. When we started we both had preconceived notions about what it would be like and we had a set of rules a mile long. Needless to say, we were wrong on much of what we thought and our rule list has dropped to a handful, all pertaining to communication, discretion and most importantly safety.

I had fantasies of nubile young vixens and she was more attracted to older men. SO we figured right of the bat we might have problems finding playmates. But we agreed as long as we both found an attraction to the other playmates we wouldn't set any hard and fast limits on age. My wife is gorgeous and looks younger than her age (something in her 20's she hated, but now loves), and I am told I look young than my age, although I am not so sure. So we have had interest from a pretty wide range of ages.

We have had playmates from their 20's to their 50's, with mixed results. In general we have found the following (with exceptions on both ends of the scale).

1. We have found more drama on the younger end of the spectrum, from jealousy to endless rules that broke down the fun, to what we call the scripted playbook (this happens first, you can't do x until I do y etc etc.).

2. Less patience in the younger crowd. We like to get to know people that we are going to have sex with, call us old fashion, but some younger folks we have met are ready to rock as soon as they know our screen name. We have actually been told if we don't plan on get down to business on our first meet then forget about it, so we passed.

3. Older crowd seem more interested in forming long term relationships and even friendships, which suits us fine, we would rather have a few close playmates over adding notches to our bedpost.

4. More understanding to real life issues. We have kids and careers. It is difficult to find overnight baby sitters. Sometimes work gets in the way. So we have to plan, making it difficult to arrange a meet up at the drop of a hat. The older crowd seems to relate to this better and are more understanding. They don't seem to take it as "we don't want to see you" excuse as younger crowd sometimes does.

5. Older crowd seems more comfortable in their own skin, more confident and know what they want. Playing seems more spontaneous and flows better.

6. Less tolerant of the ravages of age. We are both former athletes and in pretty good shape, but we are not 20 anymore. (Although, some of my surgical scars from sports do seem to be a turn on to younger women, I don't get that).

That said we have met some older couples with as many or more hangups and some pretty mature younger couples.

In the end I think it is less about age than maturity and perhaps we have just not met the right younger couple yet. But we will keep trying! ;)

And a few of side notes:

1. We tend to seek out contemporaries and older crowd. When the younger crowd contacts us we listen. In the past we have had more non responses from younger crowd and some "you are too old" (in a polite way), even from some that have us in their listed age range. We figure we are very content with the "our age and older" crowd we are meeting so we don't seek out the younger ones. When the younger crowd has contacted us, we listen and decide if we are interested based on their maturity level, trying to avoid the drama.

2. In one experience, in the middle chit chat during a play break, the young lady let me know I was only a few years younger than her father, (there was 15 years difference in our age). It did not seem to bother her, but it sure put some not so good thoughts in my head.

3. My fantasies of young nubile's has been blown up. The two of the hottest women I have met were 50+. Not only were they stimulating to talk/visit with, but had looks and bodies that most 20 somethings would die to have. And they had the experience in the bedroom to drive me wild. Just goes to show age is just a number, don't let it get in the way of meeting interesting people.

• Like 1