Men: Are you circumcised?  

590 members have voted

1. 1. Men: Are you circumcised?

• Yes, at birth.
    • No, I'm uncut!
    • Yes, got circumcised as an adult.

Guest shagyd03

wow .....i do prefer that the hood be down ....not to much into the circumsised look...sorry guys !

Goodness this thread is long!

Dave is not circumcised. I'd seen enough of that barbaric practice to last me a lifetime. Our son is not circumcised. Talking to a pediatrician I work with, we were discussing the trends of circumcision around these parts. They go up and down as most trends do. He admits there is no known medical reason to be circumcised, but he "sharpens little pencils" all the time because the dads don't want their boys different than they are.

It's amazing what teaching a little hygiene can do. My son has never been made fun of. In fact, he said you really can't tell he's not circumcisded. The foreskin slides over the glans very easily.

As for my preference? I could care less.

Uncut. I have been in the army and in places where I was not able to bathe on a regular basis and never had a problem with being uncut. All my girl friends never had any problems and in fact some found new ways and playing with the little extra skin... Now we both found this arousing and she love discovering new ways to play with the tip. I and both of my sons are uncut.

PS.. If any ladies need help on finding new ways of playing with the extra skin, just drop us a line and we both will be very happy to help out. :lol:

My husband is, my sons aren't- I put my foot down on that one. I've played happily with both styles.

It was never something that was ever discussed while I was growing up (then again - a lot of stuff went un-discussed when I was a child) ... by the time I was old enough to know there was a difference between my equipment (being uncut) and a circumcized penis ... I knew that I *never* wanted someone to go at my foreskin with a blade!

((*shiver*))

... although that does bring up an interesting story from about five years ago when one of my doctors wanted to bring me in to have it done. Seriously... does any guy really need adult-conscious memories of that experience??!!

I am cut, now I don't think if I have ever asked the Mrs which she prefers but I think she prefers cut for men she plays with.

troufault said:
One issue that seems to have been forgotten is that normally urine is sterile. Indeed, it can be used after a road accident when a wound needs to be cleaned.

Now this bring me back to my days as an Airborne Ranger in the Army. In one of my combat life saving courses, One treatment for a wound that would not heal "Leave the wound open and let flys lay their eggs in it. The larvae will hatch and eat the dead flesh, After all the dead flesh is gone you will pee in the open wound to removed the larvae and clean out the wound. Wrap and dress the wound as normal. I did left out a lot of details due to post length. :eek:

I am uncut but both our sons are cut. Just did not want them to be different from most others. Wife does not care either way.

I'm 43. If my parents had 'cut me up' as a boy - I would be bearing the scars, and the 'grudge' to this day.

It's not for our parents to decide, unless off course their brainwashed bigotry, helps then think it is acceptable. It's not, unless, that is, a grown man decides that's what he wants.

Are there any takers out there for female circumcision?

Thought not - so whats the difference? ....

Leave me alone - unless you want to bear the unpleasant consequences...

I am circumcised. I had no choice in the matter over 50 years ago. When my son was born, my ex-wife made the decision as I was at sea, and I have never asked my son if he has a problem with it, apparently not.

As someone else said... I have had this circumcised penis all my life, making the other option weird to me. I could not imagine what it would be like without having had it done.

Hello again... yup, still cut. I can't say the misses has even been with an uncut guy, so I assume her preference lies with cut simply due to experience.

Uncut is so nasty, We will not even do anything with someone if they are not cut. If we go to have sex with someone that is uncut we will get up and leave.

Jarrett,

Being cut, or uncut is not really a choice that someone gets to make, their parents make that for them when they are a small child. Hell, I was at sea when my son was cut and my ex-wife made the decision based upon my condition. And I had no choice in the matter either, I would probably have said no. I wouldn't be so quick to bail out on someone just because of this. Did you have a choice? Would you want someone to walk out of a play date just because your parents circumcised you?

Jarret-

Are you basing your opinion that uncut is "nasty" on any actual experience?

I"m curious as well, Jarrett. What do you base "nasty" on? I'm not attacking, just curious.

I've been with circumsized and un-circumsized men and I have to admit, I don't give a rat's ass either way! :D It's part of the individuality of the person.

Trixie

Circumcision is the same as mutilation. I have resented it being done to me as a baby and refuse to ever let any son I have get it done. It would be the same concept as trimming women's lips back to make it easier for them to clean. It is sadistic and wrong.

hi cut or uncut doesn't mean anything to us. However we won't play with a couple where the male half has phimosis, paraphimosis, or any other foreskin issues.

ncmd_couple said:
Jarrett,

Being cut, or uncut is not really a choice that someone gets to make, their parents make that for them when they are a small child. Hell, I was at sea when my son was cut and my ex-wife made the decision based upon my condition. And I had no choice in the matter either, I would probably have said no. I wouldn't be so quick to bail out on someone just because of this. Did you have a choice? Would you want someone to walk out of a play date just because your parents circumcised you?

Being uncut is a choice actually, being cut isn't if it was done as a child.

PB&J said:
Jarret-

Are you basing your opinion that uncut is "nasty" on any actual experience?

LFM2 said:
I"m curious as well, Jarrett. What do you base "nasty" on? I'm not attacking, just curious.

JTcamp05 said:
Jarrett - If your going to have such strong words have facts to back it up!

NOHARMM Access Page

You know I think a woman with a full bush is nasty gross. Its natural, its 'normal' for the species, and I just don't care for it and would avoid playing normally if I saw it. Every woman I've had sex with in the last 15 years has been at least shaved with a landing strip if not completely shaved. My brain associates this with sexy.

Oddly I don't think I'd get people asking me WHY I felt that way if I said that in a different thread.

You are asking to explain a preference based on what someone finds sexy.

Not being a female, I don't really think about 'which is better for me' but my wife finds uncut to be visually unappealing to her. Odds are its because her whole life she saw cut males so that to her it normal and what her brain triggers as sexual.

And JTcamp - What is there to back up? She doesn't like it, nuff said. It is not strong words, its just what she wants to put in her or not put in her.

But on this subject I'm cut, happily I will add. When my son was born I did as much research I could find on the subject, actually I did it before he was born. Despite claims of mutilation and such, I found no such evidence, and interestingly despite claims it lowers sexual pleasures, of males who were circumcised as adults (mostly Russian Jews who were not allowed to be circumcised while in Russia) sexual pleasure was INCREASED by being cut. These men should know, they had sex both ways, something most of us, cut or uncut can't comment on.

Based on this, along with mild hygiene and health benefits I decided to have my son cut. I am GLAD I was cut, and glad it was done to me as a child (thanks mom and dad).

Personally I think much of the bile about circumcision has nothing to do with mutilation. I think its often parents who choose not to circumcise their son, worried about him being picked on in the locker room, or something for people to be angsty with their parents about.

Chicup said:

But on this subject I'm cut, happily I will add. When my son was born I did as much research I could find on the subject, actually I did it before he was born.

There's no medical reason to circumcise. In fact, there may be a good reason to leave well enough alone. A study of 468 boys found that 54 percent of circumcised boys under age three had minor penile problems, such as swellings and skin adhesions. Only 5 percent of their uncut brethren had such irritation.

The risks of newborn circumcision are an under-reported and ignored factor in this argument. Most often a poor surgical result is not recognized until years after the event. By the time a child reaches the age of maturity and discovers how he has been mistreated, the surgeon cannot be found, and parents may be beyond the age of interest in such matters. The child who simply has been cut too short will then become a sexually dysfunctional adult. Some of the men who have realized that they have been deprived of a normal part of their bodies have sought plastic surgical procedures to reconstruct their bodies with the same motivation as persons who have lost other portions of their bodies by accident or disease, and who have sought to regain normal bodily integrity

Circumcision started in America during the masturbation hysteria of the Victorian Era, when a few American doctors circumcised boys to punish them for masturbating

Chicup said:

And JTcamp - What is there to back up? She doesn't like it, nuff said. Its not strong words, its just what she wants to put in her or not put in her.

In fact, only 10 to 15 percent of men throughout the world are circumcised, the vast majority of whom are Muslim. So she is disregarding 85% to 90% of the men in the world...makes sense to me!

JTcamp05 said:
There's no medical reason to circumcise. In fact, there may be a good reason to leave well enough alone. A study of 468 boys found that 54 percent of circumcised boys under age three had minor penile problems, such as swellings and skin adhesions. Only 5 percent of their uncut brethren had such irritation.

The risks of newborn circumcision are an underreported and ignored factor in this argument. Most often a poor surgical result is not recognized until years after the event. By the time a child reaches the age of maturity and discovers how he has been mistreated, the surgeon cannot be found, and parents may be beyond the age of interest in such matters. The child who simply has been cut too short will then become a sexually dysfunctional adult. Some of the men who have realized that they have been deprived of a normal part of their bodies have sought plastic surgical procedures to reconstruct their bodies with the same motivation as persons who have lost other portions of their bodies by accident or disease, and who have sought to regain normal bodily integrity

Circumcision started in America during the masturbation hysteria of the Victorian Era, when a few American doctors circumcised boys to punish them for masturbating

A circumcision is about as difficult as trimming a toenail. You can use all the anecdotal horror stories you want but America isn't full of cut short men looking for a missing doctor. That's the typical scare tactic I see used to bully parents into NOT circumcising their children.

Anyways I'm not changing my opinion on it based on hyperbole, as a father and medical professional I looked into the pros and cons and decided the pros won.

Chicup said:
Anyways I'm not changing my opinion on it based on hyperbole, as a father and medical professional I looked into the pros and cons and decided the pros won.

A physician, prior to obtaining permission for a circumcision, must provide all relevant and material information about the proposed course

of treatment and all relevant and material information about alternative treatments. Information must be provided about the actual extent of amputation, possible benefits, known risks, disadvantages, complications, and possible outcomes. Non-circumcision is a viable alternative to circumcision, so similar information must be provided about noncircumcision.

Chicup said:
A circumcision is about as difficult as trimming a toenail.

Of Course the latest stats on circumcision have a 10% complication rate...I'm sure you were comfortable with that... good odds for any surgery I would say.

Chicup said:
A circumcision is about as difficult as trimming a toenail.

I will have to disagree with you on that one. You analogy is too simplistic and from the circumcisions I've assisted with, I can say they were a bit more difficult that trimming toenails. Easier than having an appendectomy, but a bit harder than trimming toenails. :) It is a surgery after all. When I cut my toenail crooked, it grows back eventually. Can't say that about a circumcision.

Chicup said:
You can use all the anecdotal horror stories you want but America isn't full of cut short men looking for a missing doctor. Thats the typical scare tactic I see used to bully parents into NOT circumcising their children.

I do not dissuade my patients one bit. My job is not to discuss whether the procedure is good or bad. My job is to ask them if they want one performed. The physicians job is to explain the pros and cons of the procedure.

Chicup said:

As a mother and medical professional myself, I will agree to disagree with you based on my eyewitness accounts of the fucked up surgeries I've seen.

Of Course the latest stats on circumcision have a 10% complication rate.....I'm sure you were comfortable with that....... good odds for any surgery i would say

'complication rate' is hardly the same as saying someone had their willy cut short and the doctor can't even be found.

Anything that doesn't go perfectly in all forms is a 'complication'. Slight fever? Complication. Extra redness? Complication. Cut short penis? Complication.

In my work, I'd hazard that the complication rate is closer to 60%, being there is more that can go wrong and more individual variability involved.

A is not circumcised. He was my first that wasn't and I really don't have a preference anymore. Once hard they look very similar and frankly they both work :hahaha: !

I think people make WAY too big of a deal out of this issue, on both sides. Sure it's not necessary, but there are health benefits to having it done. Sure soap and water do the trick, but there's no question it's much easier to keep a circumcised penis clean. Sure it's painful for the baby, but it certainly hurts a heck of a lot more if it needs to be done at a later age.

I have a little bit of an unusual perspective on this issue, having had it both ways: I wasn't circumcised as an infant but had it done in my early 30's. It's true that the tip of the penis becomes slightly desensitized from constant exposure (rubbing against underwear, etc.) but (and this is important to specify) it is not a loss of *sexual* sensitivity, but more of a "tactile" one, if that makes any sense. All those wonderful, tingly feelings from masterbation, blowjobs, intercourse, etc. remain undiminished.

Both of my sons are circumcised, although this is mainly because my wife wanted them to have that connection to her Jewish roots. If you are going to have your son circumcised, I *strongly* recommend that you not have it done at the hospital (where it's frequently performed by inexperienced interns) and opt instead for a Bris (if either of you is Jewish) or the services of a "holistic circumciser" (a Jewish Mohel who does secular snippings on the side). Circumcisions may not be brain surgery, but they *can* be botched, either removing too much skin (which can result in painful erections later on) or too little (which negates the hygienic advangtages).

Most of the women I've had sex with seemed to not care one way or the other. When I was uncircumcised some of the American ones would seem a bit confused or intimidated, in which case I'd give them a quick "uncircumcised dick 101" demonstration. In general, American women have a preferance for snipped, while European women seemed to have a slight preference for unsnipped. I think women tend to like what they're used to.

Hell, I'll join the gang disagreeing with Chicup. It doesn't happen very often so I have to take advantage when I can. This time the disagreement is substantial, though.

In my opinion, no human has the right to decide for another to do cosmetic surgery. It becomes particularly grievous when an unasked and defenseless baby is the one being changed forever.

I'll stand on the side of allowing all people to make their own decisions related to their own bodies. If a boy has to have an ugly penis until he reaches the age of majority, so be it.

Where is Night Goddess when we need her? Somewhere in Oceania, I'd guess.

Hell, I'll join the gang disagreeing with Chicup. It doesn't happen very often so I have to take advantage when I can. This time the disagreement is substantial, though.

In my opinion, no human has the right to decide for another to do cosmetic surgery. It becomes particularly grievous when an unasked and defenseless baby is the one being changed forever.

I'll stand on the side of allowing all people to make their own decisions related to their own bodies. If a boy has to have an ugly penis until he reaches the age of majority, so be it.

Where is Night Goddess when we need her? Somewhere in Oceania, I'd guess.

Mr. Alura

And if I saw it as purely cosmetic I'd agree with you, but I don't so I don't ;)

I've never had to make the decision to have someone else's foreskin removed -- and at this point it's likely I'll never have to face such a decision -- but I appreciate the dilemma confronting parents/guardians who are trying to determine what's best for their sons.

I was circumcised shortly after birth. Occasionally, I've wondered what it might feel like to have that extra fold of skin over my glans, but not having it there hasn't caused me any physical problems that I know of. And I've never had a partner complain about my absent foreskin either. In that respect, it hasn't been a really big deal to me.

Sure, the foreskin was removed without my permission, but I'm reluctant to call the process "mutilation." Unlike the procedures done today, an anesthetic most likely wasn't used for snipping me, but it's not like I'd have a memory of the pain from that time anyway. And I think my penis looks pretty normal for being circumcised and it seems to operate well without that extra bit o' flesh.

Growing up in a town in the Northeast USA, it was evident from observations in gym class and public pool locker rooms that almost all of my peers were circumcised. Frankly, I can't remember seeing any uncircumcised penises until I was in college. Emotionally, in my case, it was probably better that I was circumcised, since I was scrawny and didn't hit puberty until well after just about every guy in my cohort, and I was extremely self-conscious about my body anyway. I was different enough, I didn't need to look THAT different! :rolleyes:

If I was a teenager nowadays, though, since so many parents have not had their sons circumcised in the past few decades, there would be a number of both circed and uncirced in any particular locker room, I could probably just obsess solely on the fact that my little unit is a grow-er and not a show-er. :)

Circumcision didn't become medically routine in the U.S. until after WWII, when it was reasoned that it should be done for health and cleanliness issues. Other medical "fads" since then, scientifically supportable or not, might include the popularity of tonsillectomies, tubes to prevent ear infections, and the over-diagnosis of ADD/ADHD. All of those health issues/procedures have seen a wave of heavy use but then we have backed off of them somewhat to reassess if what is being applied truly helps. I think we're in the midst of reassessing circumcision (and at least on the cusp of looking into how to more effectively diagnose ADD/ADHD), and I think it is valid to hear from both sides on the issue. However, it's my opinion there's been unneeded hysteria mostly from the anti-circ side (Barbarism! Mutilation! :eek::eek:) when actually they would be better served by reasoned debate.

Good luck to all of you folks that have to make that tough decision.

My favorite circumcision story. I was in the hospital recovering from the birth of my second son. Neither one was circumcised. Across the hall, I could hear the nurse discussing circumcision with the mother of another newborn boy. (this was 16 years ago, so I don't remember the details and this exchange went on for what seemed like FOREVER, but this is the essential)

Mother: "I want my son to be circumcised"

Nurse: "Ok, but you need to be aware that there is no medical reason for performing the procedure."

Mother: "I don't care, I want it done."

Nurse: "As long as you know that there is no medical necessity."

Mother: "I just think that it looks better." (that line is verbatim, I remember that)

My sons' were actually the first uncircumcised penises that I'd encountered. It was not until we started swinging that I met grown-up ones, and frankly I was unsure about what they would be like "in action", especially after that Sex in the City episode where the girls discuss how unattractive they are. My verdict, after several "uncut" encounters? Who cares? The foreskin neither adds nor detracts from the pleasure of the experience.

It was about two weeks ago that I had a conversation with one of our pediatricians. I was asking about the trend for about the last ten years of circ's he's done. (He calls it sharpening pencils) He still maintains that there is no medical reason to cut on a newborns foreskin, but parents are so socially set that they have look like the boys next door and that they won't be made fun of in the school gym showers. He said actually the trend for circs went down for a few years. More parents were fine NOT doing the surgery. Then, for some reason over the past couple of years, the surgery has regained popularity. :confused:

Several years ago, I had asked a woman if she would like her son circumsized. She thought about for several hours. She wanted it done and then she'd change her mind and decide against it and then change her mind again and decide she needed it done (for the social reason listed above).

Well, she signed the circumcision consent and her baby boy was taken back with the pediatrician and half way through the procedure, she changed her mind and wanted to withdraw the consent. Well, it's not like the doctor could stop half way through and we'd wrap him up and take him back. I remember her crying... well, more like sobbing that she'd "mutilated" her baby. Well, the doctor finished with him. Well, come to find out, her husband was the one that was adamant that the baby's penis was to be left alone. He refused the circumcision, but she went ahead and signed the consent without his knowledge because of those (IMHO) ridiculous social reasons.

My 18 year old was never circ'd and I can't say he's ever had a problem with it. We taught him proper hygiene and that was all it took. He was never made fun of in school, his friends were more curious than anything and in the school showers? He was like everyone else. Come to find out, those social reasons everyone screams about were a pretty moot point.

Words I never need to know while circumcised...

balanitis xerotica obliterans

Acute balanoposthitis

Paraphimosis

Penile cancer

Words I get to hear a lot less.

Urinary tract infection (10* less)

I won't get into the concept of being circumcised lowers HIV spread or HPV spread to females (and therefore cervical cancer), as I think there are more factors involved and I'm not convinced it has anything to do with circumcision.

I'm sorry I don't see it as a cosmetic procedure only and I know it has absolutely no negative and perhaps a positive effect sexually. Tear jerking stories about emotionally unstable women aside, still happy I am, still happy I did it for my son, and I have no need to teach him how to clean to avoid smegma.

Epidemiology wise you could say the penile conditions caused by an intact foreskin are rare enough to not justify the procedure for a population. Thats fine and most likely will be true as socialized medicine spreads giving us all rationed health care we will pay more for in taxes than insurance premiums under the guise of 'free'. For my kid, who I don't worry about what the % chance of a condition is vrs the cost in terms of the population, it was a good procedure I was happy to have done.