Men: Are you circumcised?  

590 members have voted

1. 1. Men: Are you circumcised?

• Yes, at birth.
    • No, I'm uncut!
    • Yes, got circumcised as an adult.

female half of cm89...

husband is... I prefer them cut... everything is out in the open and what you see is what you get...

I was cut at birth. It doesn't matter to me either way, and my female half has never been with an uncut male, so she says she will hold off commenting until she has.

I was friends with a Muslim family in Singapore. While visiting them, their youngest son was circumcised at age 9. He had a bit of discomfort, but it didn't seem that bad. Their elder son decided not to have it done.

I remember going to a museum in Malaysia where there was a picture of pre-teen boys wearing a muumuu-type gown with a "tent pole" at the groin to keep the cloth away from the wound. Apparently it was a rite-of-passage type event in small towns, and all the boys of a certain age would get it done together.

Originally posted by geeman

... Their elder son decided not to have it done.

Thank You to have teach me something new today. I was always under the impression that all Muslims, as all Jews, were cut BUT apparently I was wrong to assume such thing. Even though I suppose that it remain something very seldom that a member of a Muslim family can be uncut.

They were "progressive" Muslims. They drank and she didn't wear a headscarf. I don't know if it is traditional Islamic or SE Asian Muslim tradition to get it done at an older age, but that is how they do it over there.

I don't want to turn into a religious discussion, but I do think that many people (not you) think of Osama and the Saudis when they think of Islam, which I would consider the equivalent of thinking all Christians are like Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson.

I am not cut and very glad of it I also spend lots of time in the deep woods of NM hunting and riding horse back gathering cattle staying in the great outdoors. I have never had a problem keeping clean or any thing else it is easily seen when washing or handiling for what ever purpose.I also have never needed lube for penetration it was never to tight to pull foreskin back. Not saying it is the right or wrong way just my way. The wife of 31 years has never had a complaint so I will leave it as is. Lots of interesting comments here very informative too.

:) I am uncut and I prefer it not knowing anything else. It has never been a problem with my wife of almost 30 years or any other women I have been with. We think it is a mutilation to cut young boys foreskins just like it is a mutilation to perform the so called circumcision of young girls bearing with it the danger of loosing their lives all in the name of religion.

I have never understood the practice of mutilating ones offsprings of either sex in the name of religion that really is putting or pressing down it´s worshipers by ordering them to do some stupid practices in the name of the right thing to do.

Who says it is healthy to interfere with God's creation instead of practicing sanity and good washing? I just wonder.

We did not dream of mutilating our daughters and the same applies for our son.

Who has got the right to play God?

In the name of God mankind has done so many mistakes and stupidities that the loss of foreskin looks like something that will not change the course of the Universe... BUT I agree with You on the fact that it's always better not to interfere too much with the laws of Mother Nature. All Apprentice Sorcerer - soon or late - always learn the lesson the harsh way...

The decision I made on my son's behalf to have him circumsized shortly after birth was based upon my longer term plan that he be toilet trained by following his father into the washroom. I had a sister-in-law at the time who raised 4 boys and toilet trained them this way. I thought it best that our son 'look' like his father for that purpose.

I am not religious nor do I subscribe to any religion. In fact, my son was not baptised....once I explained to the 'by word only and not deed' christian in laws what exactly baptism meant, they deferred to my wishes that my son choose, if ever, his own religion in his own time. I was also told later on that my son needed braces...my son didn't want them. I decided that they are his teeth and braces can happen later on, if he chooses. Braces are cosmetic...so is circumcision.

The issue of circumcision was much discussed and my final thoughts on it were that he was a newborn, it would take 5 minutes, there would be no pain of any consequence to him, he would look like his father (the role model for a young male), and any circumcision decision on his part later on, would involve fairly major surgery.

Female genital mutilation is much different from circumcision, as in the female's clitoris is removed and her labia sewn together. Yes it's a religious practice, whereas circumcision isn't always performed for religious reasons.

I would concur with the latter.. the person attached to the appendage :D as I've had both in a number of men and personally..the uncut was more skin to play with beforehand and didn't make much difference to the result of intercourse. Can't really see (feel) how it would?

I didn't realize 'do no harm' was part of the hippocratic oath.

Upon graduation, many medical students take a modern version of the oath written by Louis Lasagna in 1964.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hippocratic Oath -- Modern Version

I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:

I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.

I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures which are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism.

I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.

I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.

I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.

I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.

I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.

I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.

If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help.

Thanks, Yawanna :)

One of the central tenets of medical care is "primum non nocerum," or "first, do no harm." [The First Principle of Medicine]

Here's theHippocratic Oath -- Classical Version

"I swear by Apollo Physician and Asclepius and Hygieia and Panaceia and all the gods and goddesses, making them my witnesses, that I will fulfil according to my ability and judgment this oath and this covenant:

To hold him who has taught me this art as equal to my parents and to live my life in partnership with him, and if he is in need of money to give him a share of mine, and to regard his offspring as equal to my brothers in male lineage and to teach them this art - if they desire to learn it - without fee and covenant; to give a share of precepts and oral instruction and all the other learning to my sons and to the sons of him who has instructed me and to pupils who have signed the covenant and have taken an oath according to the medical law, but no one else.

I will apply dietetic measures for the benefit of the sick according to my ability and judgment; I will keep them from harm and injustice.

I will neither give a deadly drug to anybody who asked for it, nor will I make a suggestion to this effect. Similarly I will not give to a woman an abortive remedy. In purity and holiness I will guard my life and my art.

I will not use the knife, not even on sufferers from stone, but will withdraw in favor of such men as are engaged in this work.

Whatever houses I may visit, I will come for the benefit of the sick, remaining free of all intentional injustice, of all mischief and in particular of sexual relations with both female and male persons, be they free or slaves.

What I may see or hear in the course of the treatment or even outside of the treatment in regard to the life of men, which on no account one must spread abroad, I will keep to myself, holding such things shameful to be spoken about.

If I fulfil this oath and do not violate it, may it be granted to me to enjoy life and art, being honored with fame among all men for all time to come; if I transgress it and swear falsely, may the opposite of all this be my lot."

Translation from the Greek by Ludwig Edelstein. From The Hippocratic Oath: Text, Translation, and Interpretation, by Ludwig Edelstein. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins Press, 1943.

As far as comparing female and male circumcision, it appears to be a matter of degree of mutilation....check the http://www.nocirc.org

website.

Of specific interest are the comments by men who were 'talked into' circumcision by partners who believed the circumcised penis was more 'attractive'.

For additional information about the practice of FGM:

http://www.fgmnetwork.org/intro/fgmintro.html shows the different types of female circumcision (Types I, II and III) and the areas in the world where it is now practiced.

I had read and not posted the classical version as it is not part of the swearing in ceremony of today's doctors...the modern version is the currently applicable hippocratic oath.

The reasons for female genital mutilation are purely religion based, whereas male circumcision is, as I said, more cosmetic, even if it did once start as a religious practice. And the countries practicing female genital mutilation include North America, as doctor's attempt to comply with the religious beliefs of their patients whose country of origin or their heritage is not ours.

Two very different areas IMHO and my intention in posting was to debunk the religious connotation of male circumcision in the comments of oliverx.

Hi, Yawanna: Right you are about the current version of the Hippocratic Oath. I posted the Classical version, since the language makes for some interesting distinctions and changes in meaning in translation, for example: "I will apply dietetic measures for the benefit of the sick according to my ability and judgment;I will keep them from harm and injustice."

Here's Hanny-Lightfoot-Klien's link to Similarities in Attitudes and Misconceptions toward Infant Male Circumcision in North America and Ritual Female Genital Mutilation in Africa.

http://www.fgmnetwork.org/intro/mgmfgm.html

Female genital mutilation is a problem which affects over 100 million women around the world. Female genital mutilation is done for reasons which include religion and economics on girls in various parts of Africa and the Middle East. This link will provid e you with an introduction to female genital mutilation, what population groups practice FGM, and how widely practiced it is around the world. http://www.fgmnetwork.org/intro/index.html

Female Genital Mutilation Around the World: Population Groups:

http://www.fgmnetwork.org/intro/world.html

And a map showing Legislature for FGM:

http://www.fgmnetwork.org/legisl/us_graphic.htm

oliverx: Sorry to get off-topic (actually to blend topics!)

I agree with your opinion that male and female circumcision are cruel, unnecessary, and completely unjustifiable practices.

Male Circumcision Reduces Female Pleasure

January 21, 2004

'Female arousal disorder' blamed on circumcised penises"

A New Zealand study found that reduced female arousal and fewer female orgasms may be linked to women having sex with circumcised male partners. Women reported they were about twice as likely to experience orgasm if their male partner had a foreskin.

Nine out of ten women prefer having sex with intact men, the study finds. "Presence of the movable foreskin makes a difference in foreplay, being more arousing to the female," the study says. "Most likely, reported vaginal dryness and the related clinical designation `female arousal disorder' is but a normal female response to coitus with a man with an iatrogenically [doctor caused] deficient penis."

The foreskin is double-layered. During intercourse, the moist and pliant foreskin rolls past itself massaging the vagina and exciting it more than the 'dry stick' of a circumcised penis. The foreskin keeps the glans moist and soft aiding in foreplay, insertion, and intercourse. Dry or painful sex is the number one sexual complaint of women in the United States.

"During intercourse, the skin of an intact penis slides up and down the shaft, stimulating the glans and the nerves of the inner and outer foreskin. On the outstroke, the glans is partially or completely engulfed by the foreskin with more skin remaining inside the vagina than is the case with the circumcised penis. This `valve' mechanism is thought to retain the natural lubrication provided by the female because the bunched up skin acts to block the lubrication escaping from the vagina, which results in dryness."

About 70% of American men alive today are circumcised. About 60% of U.S. baby boys are circumcised each year. It is illegal to circumcise girls in the United States.

The article was taken from:

NEW ZEALAND MEDICAL JOURNAL, Volume 116, Number 1181: Pages 595-596,

12 September 2003.

The article is well worth reading and well-researched. Brings up valid questions about the relationship between physiology of sexual organs and pleasure.

Thank you, BimpNLily!!!

What a great thread! Definitely a lot of opinions on both sides. I am circumcised and by two sons are also. We decided to have it done for religious reasons. My only concern at the time was that the doctor use anesthetic. Even though they are babies, they do feel the pain! As far as the healing, less than a week and everything was fine and, of course, they don't remember a thing.

I believe the important thing is the anesthetic. The first doctor we went to see would not use anesthetic no matter how hard we insisted. We went to another doctor. A little numbing cream and a few needle pokes at the base around the penis and both boys just laid there like nothing was happening.

I response to the article BimpNLily and NightGoddess have referred to, Mr LCJTSD is circumsized and I have not experienced any dryness or lack of arousal in the 13 years we have together.

Then again, is this article saying that I would have more than an average of two orgasms per each lovemaking session if he were not circumsized? We have sex at least 5 times per week. That would be a lot of orgasms that I'm missing out on.:sad:

Believe me, I have no complaints that he is circumsized and our sex life is perfect, thank you very much.

Mrs. LCJTSD

I don't think anyone is trying to say, "Uncircumcised men are better lovers" or "You're missing out," Mrs. Lcjtsd. There's a lot more involved in those issues than whether or not the man has a foreskin.

Recent research (read NightGoddess' posts) has shown that there is virtually no benefit to circumcision and some research indicates that harm is, indeed, done.

My opinion is much simpler. When my sons were born, I felt I had no right to have them circumcised without their permission. They were, of course, too young as infants to give it. Circumcision is far too personal an issue to have someone else make that decision. But that's only my opinion.

Mr. Alura,

I don't believe that anyone was saying that a man is a better lover depending on his cut or uncut status or that I'm missing out. I was posting with a little "tongue in cheek" humor. To me, this study seems to be grabbing at any little straw to illustrate their position of not circumsizing men.

This issue is a personal issue that each new parent needs to discuss with a lot of thought. Whether a new parent chooses to have their sons circumsized or not is their decision and whatever they decide is their decision.

I don't think that a study on how a circumsized penis vs an uncircumsized penis actually operates inside a vagina is going to make any difference in any parents decision.

Once a guys penis gets hard, cut or uncut, it all feels good to me and I have never experienced any "dryness". I just feel that this study was a big waste of time and money.

Just my opinion.

Mrs. LCJTSD

It is definitely interesting to see how different persons view circumcisions of infants. No matter how we look at it, no one shall be granted the right, if we can talk of right in this matter, to interfere with another persons body and do possible harm along the way. The only right parents have regarding their children is to be responsible for their welfare and well being.

Circumcision can not be a part thereof. If a grownup, a person of age, legally concent, wants to cut some part of their own body it is their matter. There have not been proven any medical reasons for cutting young boys foreskins. So why do it if it is unnecessary?

The answer can only be that nobody should be granted power to perform medical surgery of young children just because it is a religious "trend". I am sure that there is no God ordering such things. And there are so many surgeries needed fo a good course that this one would not be counted until all the others were done.

Without any pun we shall not do this. Will any parent pierce their baby's bodies?

To take another view. Tobacco would be banned if it was a new invention today. The same applies for cutting.

I am sorry to say that neither me or my wife have any comparison of sex uncut or cut. It is interesting to hear from women about that matter.

This board is enlightening for us up north.

And just as a joke if I draw my foreskin back I look like cut, so I can choose between.

Originally posted by lcjtsd

We decided to have it done for religious reasons.

I am probably an irreligious idiot but I still do not understand any valuable religious reason for any kind of mutilation : If God is the creator of the humanity then God himself could chose that males would be without a foreskin!

Cut or uncut is ONLY a human choice and God has nothing to do with this in my humble opinion... so for what purpose "zealots" decide to mutilate themselves will remain a mystery for me.

If I could do it all over again, I believe that I would not have Boy circumcised. We did it because it never occurred to us not to. After all, his father was and his father before him, etc., etc.

Y'all have really enlightened me on this subject, and I plan to speak to my children before any potential grandsons are produced. I can't tell them what to do, but I will ask them to think carefully about it.

Boy, we do love getting flamed for our opinions. And to think I believed that this was a group of open minded people.

I guess we need to change "I may disagree with what you say but I'll defend to the death your right to say it" to:

"I may disagree with what you say but if you don't agree with me you better believe I'll let you know how wrong your OPINION is."

If you noticed our postings, we do agree that circumcision is a subject that each parent has to decide for themselves. Are those that do it for religious reasons wrong? NO. Are those who decide not to have this done wrong? NO.

And to believe that all this started due to our opinion that vaginal dryness and lack of arousal in women is not caused by uncircumcised penises. Flame us some more if you wish but IMO vaginal dryness and lack of arousal is most likely caused by a bad lover. Whether he is circumcised or not makes no difference.

I recently heard that 90% of women refused a second date with a guy because he was a bad kisser! If there are bad kissers, there are certainly bad lovers.

My biggest pet peeve? People who turn a "discussion" into an "ARGUMENT". Let it go. We believe in circumcision, you don't, so what. Am I telling you you should have your boys circumcised? NO. Would I want to pass a law forcing you to? NO. This is AMERICA! Would you pass a law forcing us not to? Sounds like you would.

This will most likely be our last posting on this board with you "so-called" open minded people. Remember, when Chastity Bono came out and told her parents she was a lesbian her father, Sonny Bono (the evil Republican), opened his heart and loved her just as he always did. Cher (the open minded Democrat) flew off the handle.

Adios

Originally posted by BradAndJanet

If I could do it all over again, I believe that I would not have Boy circumcised. We did it because it never occurred to us not to. After all, his father was and his father before him, etc., etc.

Y'all have really enlightened me on this subject, and I plan to speak to my children before any potential grandsons are produced. I can't tell them what to do, but I will ask them to think carefully about it.

To BradAndJanet: I hope what was presented here didn't cause you any grief. My intent is to share information, not create polarity or hostility. Your post gives me much hope and I am glad you are able to look at the information with an open mind. I agree, we can't tell our kids what to do, but we can encourage them to look at the data and think carefully about it. Thank you for the post. You really made my day.

To lcjtsd:

I regret you see the topic as an argument and not as a discussion. I wish you still felt like discussing circumcision: after all, it seems when we chat here, we usually engage in a point-counter-point type of posting. I know it is difficult to wade through the volumes of references to medical literature...the purpose is to inform the group about what I've read, not give you a hard time or flame you.

In a discussion like this, it is possible you've read something I haven't, and I'd love it if you could engage us with something like that...it gives the chat a good balance, and it would sure send me running for more information :)

I mean this as kindly as possible: if someone informed me that something I did as a parent was questionable-- and backed it with some references in child development, I'd be intrigued. I might look through my references, and check some other boards on child-rearing theory and/or practice, and you could be sure I'd get back to you with the 'whys' and 'wherefores' so we could continue the discussion: to me, the real action here is learning new information.

I don't have an axe to grind with you, or with anyone else on this board. In a practical sense, why should I care if anyone has his or her son 'cut'?? It's not my kid, right?

If someone asked me if I'd thought about circumcision 32 years ago, I might think it was weird, as I had not had children yet, and 2 of my nephews were 'cut'....heck, they seem fine.

Why think about it?

--- But why shouldn't I consider another perspective?

I might be inclined to change my mind, my approach, my point of view....or not. I might feel somewhat defensive; after all, parenting is a sensitive subject. I happen to know circumcision is a very hot topic for 'most everyone, swinging or not.

I posted Dr. Goldman's statement in the JAMA to summarize what kind of thinking health care providers sometimes default to, in defense of past practices.

It was not meant to upset you, merely to get you to think about this topic and the history behind it.

I am genuinely sorry you were offended.

The point of this discussion, however, is to get us all to think carefully about a common practice and all it involves.

It was not my intent to upset or alienate you at all.

Originally posted by Handyman69

we had both boys circumsized back in a April. Only one was having problems but didn't want any issues later about them being different from one another.

How old were they when you had this done?

Originally posted by everlast

That's a fairly loooong stretch to try to compare Male circumcision to female don't you think? We all know the female version can cause permanent health issues whereas the male version has no drawbacks (other than the alleged 'lack of sensitivity')and has the added bonus of preventing infections.

I tend to disagree here. I see it as very similar. They were both originally done for religious reasons... it's just that male circumcision has become common and like many things in this country that started because of religious reasons has taken on new meanings. I would say more but that would open a whole different can of worms.

Originally posted by ionsawmill

Not to get away from the discussion, but has anyone ever heard the phrase "partial circumcision"? I'm circumcised, but I still have enough foreskin left to cover the glans if I pull it over (when flacid). Not that it will stay in place, but there's plenty of skin there. Also, when erect, I still have lots of room for movement i.e. the skin slides up and down the shaft without the tightness that I've heard can result from some more extreme circumcisions.

I was wondering about this as well. I've encountered many guys that I wondered whether or not they were circumcised because of this. They had enough to play "turtle" with but not enough to completely cover the head when they were hard. I can only recall encountering ONE uncircumcised guy.

Originally posted by Brit_Pair

Anyone see the episode of 'Nip/Tuck', where the Dr's son decided to "self-circumcize" using advice found on a dedicated website, a pair of cuticle scissors, and a bottle of Rioja for anesthetic?

:eek:

While reading back through this thread I was reminded of this episode as well. That idea just gives me the shivers thinking about it again. Great show tho.

I'm uncut and hated it when I was a kid. I thought something was wrong with me or something because mines looked different then everyone elses. As I got older I learned to appreciate being uncut,98% of the women I been (they all went down on me) with didn't even know.

Originally posted by NightGoddess

To BradAndJanet: I hope what was presented here didn't cause you any grief. My intent is to share information, not create polarity or hostility. Your post gives me much hope and I am glad you are able to look at the information with an open mind. I agree, we can't tell our kids what to do, but we can encourage them to look at the data and think carefully about it. Thank you for the post. You really made my day.

No, no grief at all. What's done is done, and really, he would be fine either way. It's just that I agree in principle with Mr. Alura about making decisions for others. As parents, of course, we need to do that from time to time, but in this case, not having him circumcised would not have done him any harm, and therefore it wasn't necessary for us to make that particular decision for him. :)

I think we need to return this thread back to the intended question.... of what you prefer sexually/ whether or nto you are circumcised.... it seems to have completely shifted gears to a pro/anti circumcision in children and in general. That was not the intent of the thread. If I felt like going back post by post through the 17 pages this thread has become I would simply split it but I don't so I won't.... maybe later.

I'm not cut and did not have my son cut either. Never had a problem. Kinda like the extra skin to play with or be played with and am very sensitive when it is pulled back. Also started shaving after a surgery and love it. Feels good to me and feels sexier.

I'm circumcised, and felt the need to have my son circumcised, I know now that not doing it has grow in popularity, but I figured it was good enough for pop then it's good enough for jr.

I've never played with foreskin and I'm absolutely fascinated by it.

I'm sure the time will come...

:bj:

~Piggy (waiting patiently...)

I'm uncut, and have never had any of the problems mentioned, when I'm aroused the foreskin rolls back, and I look circumcised.

kinda like having your cake and eating it too)

Some women have fascinated by my foreskin, others never noticed until they saw it flaccid.

Miss Piggy, you're welcome to play with mine anytime!

In regards to the article....

By all means, not saying circumcision will deaden your sex life completely, but how do you know it couldn't be better?

I could go on, but I don't think this is for this board. I find the ethics of when it's the parents choice and when it's the child's choice kind of hazy and viewed as whatever makes the parent feel better about their decisions, be they wise or not.

According to this poll, almost 1 in 4 men surveyed are uncut.

I would think that being uncut in the lifestyle would not be all that rare, must be going unnoticed in the heat of passion!

I had the absolute horror of walking in and witnessing my son's circumcision.

He was a preemie and was in a NICU. I was coming in to the hospital for the day and I happened to walk around the corner of the NICU treatment room. There he was strapped to this awful contraption screaming with the pediatrician standing over him was an awful awful scene.

A painful experience for him...he moaned and moaned. Couldn't be consoled afterwards.

I don't remember my oldest son crying like that and hurting so much from it.

If I had another boy--I wouldn't do it again. :(

Hubby is cut, son is cut. My preference, my decision. I have vivid memories of one of the "out" crowd in high school being chased starkers down the hallway and being snapped with towels while the older kids made fun of his carrot. I didn't want that. No religious reasons, just an aesthetic preference. Right or wrong, I decided what to do about that and I don't think it in ANY way correlates to female circumcision.

I look at it the same way that you might look at getting a baby' girls ears pierced. Sure it will cause discomfort and maybe stronger pain. However, I know that my son doesn't feel OR remember it now. Some may feel that male circumcision is a form of mutilation and maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Female circumcision IS mutilation. Not just physically, but mentally as well because it destroys any chance for a healthy sex life and because it is done with malicious intent, aftercare is usually very poor and the scarring involved usually causes pain and memories throughout adulthood.

All that being said, I have to agree with it being a strange ritual.

I was cut at birth and so was our son.

For Mrs IdahoCouple an uncut male is an automatic, "We're not interested" deal-breaker.

One of the things we like about AFF is the place in the male profile section asking if you are circumcised or not. I wish SLS had a similar feature.

Well I'm uncut. My dad thought that cutting off part of my junk was a bad plan. I agree :) . My girlfriend says it feels nice when the foreskin rolls back and forth while in her. She says it creates a nice vibration effect.

Cut at birth and I have a "beautiful" penis or so I've been told. Likening this practice to female genitalia mutilation is ridiculous. Like it or not there are valid reasons for the procedure. Just read the links which were posted. You may or may not agree with the points but they are valid none the less. Make you a deal...... Stay out of the decisions I make on my sons behalf, and I'll stay out of yours. ::P:

My thoughts.... I was never with anyone who was uncut until my husband, and I don't like it. It just doesn't seem the same to me. It could be just what I'm used to, but I prefer circumcised.

I read with great interest about being circumcised. As a doctor that specializes in male health issues, I find the practice totally useless. Teach your sons to clean themselves and never have a problem. I am not circumcised and at one time considered having it done. I found that the practice has fallen out of favour with the medical community because of sensitivity problems etc. I found for a male my size to use a condom and lubricant is best with sexual problems.

Ignorance is not always bliss, neither is arrogance, millions of men in Europe and elsewhere are uncut, and anyone suggesting they all stink like polecats etc. do not know what the hell they are talking about.

Of course you are perfectly free to choose or reject someone whose penis is not to your liking.

Call me biased if you like, I am uncut myself, and know how to keep myself clean, just like millions of other men. Never had any complaints either.

I am uncircumsized and I keep myself scrupulously clean. I love the sensitivity in my penis and my strong orgasms and copious cum production. In my swing experiences the men in our encounters who were circumsized very often have less active orgasms and less cum production. I will never be circumcized, it would be taking a chance on reducing the sex fun.

I had to make this choice a year ago for my son. Despite pressure from family and friends I left him uncut. I feel it is his decision later in life.

Our pediatrician coached us a little about the foreskin. She told us NOT to pull it back to clean it. She told us to leave it alone, and it'll form a little seal that will naturally keep bad things out. And that doing so actually increases the chance of infection...and increases the chance that the foreskin could potentially get stuck in the back position.

It's my opinion after hearing this that these mysterious medical benefits come from improper (excessive) early care by unknowing parents. My son has been going 15 months strong with zero problems.

Just wipe him up afterward like anything else.

My husband was circumcised when he was a baby, we did the same for both of our sons. We felt it was cleaner :) I don't have a preferance either way though when it comes to being with a man in a intimate situation LOL!

Mindy

I am circumcised and have no problem with it. I don't know from personal experience what it is like to have a foreskin but from what I have seen, I am not particularly interested in learning it either. I do not have the slightest inclination to go and get a foreskin put back on even just to see what it is like to have one. I have never known a foreskin so I don't miss it.

Quite simply, who can claim to know both worlds? By the time you are old enough to have sex, you are already committed to one side or the other and if you have no trouble with it, whichever side you are on, is there any point in arguing the merits of either?

I am circumcised and have no problem at all. I really do not remember having the foreskin so it would not be logical to compare... :)

One issue that seems to have been forgotten is that normally urine is sterile. Indeed, it can be used after a road accident when a wound needs to be cleaned.

Another thing, those uncircumcised men the tip of whose glans show at the end of the foreskin have actually been circumcised a little. (In my view the best option)