FunFLcpl

Would someone's income be a factor in your decision to contact them?

Are you intimidated by income differences?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Are you intimidated by income differences?

• We are not likely to contact people who appear to be of higher income
    • We are not likely to contact people who appear to be of lower income
    • Income does not affect our decision to contact a couple

Sexcupid said it best

The thing is, 'class' doesn't come with a dollar amount.
We consider a couple's attitudes, personalities and behavior. If those things are affected by their income (or lack thereof), then so be it.

We are a one-income couple in a very affluent area where two big incomes are the norm. We happened to meet what we thought was a very nice couple on New Years Eve that we both clicked with (most unusual). After that evening we met them again at their house - had fun. They are business owners and millionaires. I'm a high-grade public servant but when we had them over to our modest house that was last we heard from them. We could tell she thought we didn't measure up although he didn't have a problem. Now they won't even answer emails.

Another couple on a first meeting put us through the equivalent of a job interview to determine if we were good enough for them. Didn't see them again either (our choice - they continued to contact us so I guess we passed the interview).

Hopefully this is confined to areas like ours where people are generally over educated and over compensated (in our opinion).

We grew up poor and are now quite comfortable but choose to live well below our means. We never talk about educational accomplishments or income with our friends. It's not how we measure people. When we find people whose identity is tied up in their degrees, the schools they attended, the size of their mortgages and professional titles we generally won't see them again. We are more concerned with how considerate people are of others, their character, random acts of kindness they perform, and displaying an understanding that when you see someone who did not have all the advantages life could have offered, that it could have been you (and still could be if the real estate market and stock market continue to tank).

We've ran into a couple and the male half was trying to dominate everything and talking about everything he "has". It got old and quick. Give someone a mechanic shop and a couple of beat up limos and they are the schizzle.

We just hit the lottery today, anyone wanna play?

Made ya think didnt it ?

We just hit the lottery today, anyone wanna play?

Made ya think didnt it ?

LOL!!!

I agree with the word "class" ... we enjoy certain classes of folks, and don't enjoy others. You can be an asshole and make a lot of money, you know. I've also met less-rich assholes. Amazing, uh??

Very thought provoking thread!

We've met so many people from different socio-economic classes this past year. What you do, where you live and how much money you have doesn't come into play with us. It's how you act and carry yourself that matters. Being good in bed doesn't equate to wealth IMO.

On the other hand, we have been told that we were "intimidating" at first because of the fact that we do have the boat, camper, sports car, big house, etc. We work hard for our toys, and believe in living for the day. We can't take it with us. :lol: Once people get to know us, they see that we're just down-to-earth people.

I checked "not a factor", but will qualify that to the extent that we would not play with someone whose income significantly affected they way they live in a negative way, such as not being able to keep their house or clothing clean, or to maintain their personal hygiene.

We look for clean, decent, honest and respectable people who are fun to be with. It's not important where they work or how much money they make.

Income is not a concern, but as others have said, class is. I can think of one example that illistrates the concept of having all the money in the world and still being a low rent person...Brittney Spears.

Pepper

I'm a young doctor with a lot of school debt who just doesn't like to wear a watch.

Christ now I'm rapidly approaching middle aged doctor.

Don't necro old threads I posted in, it is depressing ;)

Edit: I still don't wear a watch.

There is no reason why income should affect one's ability to be clean, attractive and classy. It's just too easy to do. It certainly would make no difference to me if one has little or a lot, as long as they had class.

Attitude and class are very important to us. Income sometimes has little to do with either.

This is an interesting thread to me because we've lived both of the scenarios. Until the last few years, we had a very low income and now we are doing very well. We certainly were the same people a few years ago that we are now.

I totally agree with the statement that class does not come with a dollar sign. I have met a lot of people in my life that had high incomes and were pure SOB's. They treated people like crap and I wanted nothing to do with them outside of work. I have also met people in the same income bracket that were pretty down to earth, enjoyed themselves but were not self absorbed. Having originally come from less than an affluent section of town I have grown up with individuals who had nothing but were self absorbed. the moral of the story is that morons cross all economic and educational levels.