GeorgiaCouple

Any Other Swinger Sites like SLS???

We are a paid member of SLS and have had some success on this site. Do y'all know of any of good sites like SLS? We are a member of Swapper Net but don't really like this website. If you know of any others like SLS plz give me a yell back.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I am pretty sure that SLS is the only site that actually allows you to communicate without "paying". That is what I liked about SLS and why I'm a paying member there. I get so frustrated when looking at other sites and trying to see if the people on the site are real before paying! Good luck on your search :)

A lot of folks like to bag on them, but AdultFriendFinder.com (AFF) is the biggest with the mostest. The most members, and that means the most members near you, and the strongest search engine I've seen ( although there are plenty of sites we haven't checked). I can't see fooling with the little ones unless they have a concentration near you. The average quality of members on SLS is higher, but there are a lot fewer of them. We are members on both AFF and SLS and value both.

AFF is decidedly not free if you want to make effective use of the site, although I don't regard the cost as exorbitant. We've actually found that somewhat of a feature. Folks who won't pony up the $10 a month or whatever, well, how serious are they about this? I'm not sure we *want* a lot of communication from "free" members, especially since we're specifically looking for single guys (yes, we get a lot of email).

As to how many members are "real", I doubt that varies that much, for *paid* members, at any of the sites, but I don't have the experience in Internet swinging to really know. There are always plenty of lookie-loos, and folks who are yes/no about things with *any* realm of sexuality. This stuff is just hard. But there are also real people out there really doing these things. You just have to do the legwork, or get lucky. :)

We're lifers on PlayfulSwingers.com. Their membership focuses on the areas between Orlando FL thru North Carolina (with some outliers), so you should find all sorts of folks in our area.

Check it out (tell em macallanandcosmo sent you).

The link I posted above is completly free right now. You can do everything on it for free. It is $75 to be a lifetime member. In January they are making it to where you have to pay, but it will be like $8 a month or somehting like that, I think.

Hubby and I have accounts with AFF, Alt.com, and Playfulswingers.com (on trial right now with playful). We like Playful ALOT more than Aff and Alt...more people in our area, it's less expensive, and we've had a better response from playful. Also, you can find out about clubs and parties in the area on playful, it's very user friendly. Just IMHO

Correct me if I'm wrong but I am pretty sure that SLS is the only site that actually allows you to communicate without "paying". That is what I liked about SLS and why I'm a paying member there. I get so frustrated when looking at other sites and trying to see if the people on the site are real before paying! Good luck on your search :)

SDC has a pretty good free trail with some limits. You can communicate with other people during the free trial. In my opinion it does not compare to SLS but the free trial is not too bad.

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned SDC, which has a much larger membership than any of the other sites listed here. We used to be members at SLS and Playful Swingers but since SDC has gotten so huge it's all that we bother with any more.

The Lifestyle Lounge is a good one too but it's much smaller than SDC.

I can't believe that so many people on here think SLS is the best lifestyle site - I just don't get it. The site is poorly designed, poor layout, lacking functionality, and awful to look at.

SDC on the other hand is so much better in all those respects and has tons of members.

Is it just because there are more SLS members on here than SDC? I just can't understand it. I know that most of the members on SDC are in Florida and Texas but plenty in the other surrounding states as well. Can someone tell me where the members on SLS are primarily from?

FYI - we have only a profile on SLS, but a full membership at SDC.

Tantra said:
I can't believe that so many people on here think SLS is the best lifestyle site - I just don't get it. The site is poorly designed, poor layout, lacking functionality, and awful to look at.

Well, yes, sdc does have an attractive sight, thats probably why it is so slow. I have tried it several times including just now and it takes forever for pages to load on my computer. SLS on the other hand, is intuitive to use, simple, so it is fast, and has more usefull search features and member screening than sdc does, in my opinion. Additionally, I've never figured out a way to block single males on sdc which is a deal killer for us. (I will admit that I haven't used sdc enough to be sure I have found all the available features though)

For me "pretty is, what pretty does", and sls performs a lot better than sdc.

Tantra said:
SDC on the other hand is so much better in all those respects and has tons of members.

That's the biggest problem right there. I just did two identical searches, one on sls, the other on sdc. The results sdc - 53 members within 50 miles of us, sls - 580 members within 50 miles of us. SDC doesn't have an option in their search to eliminate single males/females but with only 53 members I was able to subtract by hand, sls has a simple box to check to exclude any class of member you don't wish to search for so I checked no for single males. Results; sls - 452 members, sdc - (after waiting 8 minutes for the search results to load) 38 members.

I also did a search on Orlando FL/Dallas TX and you are correct, sort of, SDC did have a lot more members there than they do in our area. They had 500 results for both (I think that is probably a built in limit to their search engine to help compensate for the slow server), SLS had 3368/4371 for the same searches. Those kind of searches are much easier to do on sls because they allow you to just enter the name or the zip code of the city you would like to search, sdc only accepts zip codes. Luckily sls provides you with the zip code if you enter the name of the city, so I was able to then do a search on sdc with the provided zip.

Tantra said:
Is it just because there are more SLS members on here than SDC? I just can't understand it. I know that most of the members on SDC are in Florida and Texas but plenty in the other surrounding states as well. Can someone tell me where the members on SLS are primarily from?

Can't really say as I haven't done a search for that many places, but of the places I have searched it has always turned out like the example I gave above. Sls has always been the clear winner. So, while I have no way of knowing for sure as sdc does not provide that information (500 max search limit), my guess is that sls still has more members in Florida and Texas than sdc does. And until they get their server capacity increased to mitigate the slow performance, I have a hard time believing they will be able to catch up.

Tantra said:
FYI - we have only a profile on SLS, but a full membership at SDC.

As you might have guessed, we are the opposite.

Don't get me wrong, I have no personal interest in any of these sights, and I wish them all the best. I do think that, all things considered, SLS is still the best pure swinger dating sight on the net though.

SLS has one thing that none of the other sights has picked up on. Their is no time limit for free members. That is an excellent marketing ploy. Because eventually most of those free members join.

P.S. TeamSoBe, love your profile on there! It also shows you logged-in "a few weeks ago".
A few weeks ago? Holy smokes, it's been about three years. Definitely tells you something. Be careful which photos and personal information you trust with that guy.

When he originally started Swingular he literally hijacked the Playful Swingers site. He locked out the couple who had paid him to develop the web site and directed their playfulswingers.com URL to a copycat site on his new server that looked exactly the same. It was exactly the same because he was the guy running it. The couple somehow managed to get announcements out to people about what was happening and suddenly members were getting dueling announcements. Announcement: the site has changed its name and we're still honoring memberships and renew now at the new Swingular.com for a discount. Announcement: somebody has hijacked our site, disregard the previous announcement. Etc, etc, etc.

It was kind of entertaining drama from the outside looking in, but it happened just as Playful Swingers' popularity was blowing up at a time when they could have beat SDC in the South Florida market. Then, nope, derailed because the web nerd betrayed them. So sad.

Hmm .. I've never had problems with SDC's speed. I have a DSL connection and I use IE 6.0 as my browser.

Also, SDC has the features that you mentioned that you were unable to find - like blocking single males, etc. Regarding numbers .. I think that each company is focusing on different regions. However, I highly doubt that SLS has more members in Texas and Florida because pretty much all the local swinger clubs feature SDC parties and functions - I've never heard of an SLS party. Now this could just be a more concerted marketing effort on SDC's part, but I suspect it is simply that they are much larger in Texas.

Heck probably larger overall! Right now it is approximately 2:10am and I have clicked on both sites.

Members online: SDC - 4134. SLS - 1506.

Chatting online: SDC - 108. SLS - 49

It's possible that SLS accounts might "time out" more quickly, but again, I don't think that's the issue. As far as speed goes, they both seem equally fast. Not sure why SDC caps its search to 500 hits, but honestly I'd never noticed till you mentioned it. I too would like the search to be unlimited in scale.

Personally I find the features on SDC, especially on profiles, to be more useful and descriptive. They let you post up to 100 pictures (too many I think) if you want. They let you add to favorites or just send a hint via the "remember profile" link. When both parties have added each other to the favorites list, they send a message to each party indicating mutual interest. There's a travel section so people can announce where they will be. There's a speed dating section to announce when people are available for sexy fun. There are forums which are highly active. One can even blog on their own profiles now. There are online community groups that people can form. There are multiple chatrooms for communities from all over the world. You can put audio and video on your profile. You can use a webcam. I'm just listing off the top of my head. To be honest I don't know if SLS also has these types of features or not - I'm sure some features are similar.

Lest anyone think that I work for SDC, let me state that I'm simply a member, nothing more. I've been quite happy with it and am simply surprised that SLS gets so much mention on this site compared with SDC. I have a feeling it's most likely because the membership on this site matches more closely with SLS in terms of the areas people are from. That's not a problem, of course, but it always struck me as sort of odd that SLS would be mentioned with far more frequency than an arguably larger and nicer SDC. To each his own, I suppose. :)

I imagine the SDC parties you mention are probably why they are so popular where you are, they don't do those here. I also have a fast DSL connection and I don't know why SDC is so slow for me, it is a little faster today though. They both have a little over 5000 users on when I just checked. I am sure they are both good sights but my point was that for the majority of the US SLS seems to have a lot more members, especially in the west were we live. So, that is why I think most people here on the board prefer it.

Consolidation among the online sites is inevitable. For consumers, it will be nice to have one stop shopping and fewer subscription payments - and for the site owners economies of scale (leveraging of fixed costs) will increase profit margins and free up cash flow to invest in better software, storage, etc...

Network effects are a significant barrier to entry for upstart sites (newcomers will probably be undercapitalized and won't survive long enough to gain critical mass). So expect most the consolidation to occur among the existing dozen or so sites - with a a few megasites surviving, perhaps complimented by a few niche players.

We already get the sense that certain sites are experiencing congestion and have stopped investing in upgrades. Expect these particular sites to be the first to look for strategic partnerships.

Yawn...right?

We already get the sense that certain sites are experiencing congestion and have stopped investing in upgrades. Expect these particular sites to be the first to look for strategic partnerships.

Yawn...right?

Yawn? Not at all! And you're right... just like in any other sector, consolidation is inevitable.

I'm a paid member on Swappernet and a free member on SLS. SLS is where I seem to meet more couples, but overall I like the format and functionality of SN much, much better. (And the single guys are hotter!)

Vegas is a 7 hour drive for us. The main problem with SDC from our view is the lack of members in our area, were we living in Florida which I believe is where SDC got started, we might consider them. Probably not though, SLS's sight just works so much better for us and we like the way it is set up better, so we would probably stick with it even if we lived in Florida (which we have been considering lately).

Have to agree with sobe, all I bother with also these days is sdc. It is only one that I have found has REAL people that want to meet offline for REAL, nuff said.

good times said:
That could be, but Las Vegas is a 7 hour drive for us. The main problem with SDC from our view is the lack of members in our area, were we living in Florida which I believe is where SDC got started, we might consider them. Probably not though, SLS's sight just works so much better for us and we like the way it is set up better, so we would probably stick with it even if we lived in Florida (which we have been considering lately).

what makes a site is members and if in Vegas sls has the demographic then that's what you or anyone else is going to love, forget any of the site features, it's about getting laid and that takes other swingers in your area, but if you move to Florida as you say then there is no other site like sdc.

Having checked out the swinging scene in Vegas I must say for the city with the slogan "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" I found the two swinger clubs I went to sleezy and full of single guys and was expecting a Japanese tourist to pop up with a camera at one point.

My only recommendation come to Miami for a vacation and attend the sdc parties at https://miamivelvet.com/ and https://trapezeclub.com/ AND THE BI FEMS OFF THE CHART PARTY - theblissclub.com then of course Miami also offers swingers naked regattas, http://www.bellavitaboatclub.com/

So CUM on down the price is right lol

the only suggestion i can offer is its a numbers game, theres so many swingers sites out there to join, take a good look at the numbers, do a search in your area, see how many results you get but take a good look at those results, when was the last time they visited the site (if a swingers site doesnt offer this there's a reason why) next take a look at whos actually online, check out the chat rooms see how many are chatting, see how many parties are in your area to go to and whos on the guest lists. Lots of sites but if you are like me and use the internet to meet real people offline there really is not many options out there, my recommendation - join every site on Julies recommended page and follow what i just said.

On a personal note I will be at trap fart lickerdale tonite if anyones around...

For Ontario based swingers http://www.cafedesire.com has a solid and growing community of members. Probably as many or more than SLS does in the TO area and without the fakes and flakes that you find on AFF. It's also pretty inexpensive and has a number of good features including a small but active forum that discusses local venues quite a bit.

It also doesn't allow X-rated (dick pics) as part of your public profile and generally doesn;t seem to attract the male pests that AFF in particular has..... you don't open your mail every day to a dozen penis pics, which we can all agree is a good thing.

Don't mean to be doing a promo, but I do think this is a site worth looking into if you live in Ontario. With even more members from the area it would be hands down the best.

GeorgiaCouple said:
We are a paid member of SLS and have had some success on this site. Do y'all know of any of good sites like SLS? We are a member of Swapper Net but dont really like this website. If you know of any others like SLS plz give me a yell back.

I realize this thread was started a long time ago. But I think I have a reason to renew the debate. JoAnn and I keep profiles at both SLS and AFF. We have successfully made contact with people using both. It is worthwhile to point out, however, that being at AFF means that we are exposed to anyone who has a computer hooked up to The World Wide Web. If you AFF subscribers have any doubt, just go to Google and type your AFF screen name into the search box and see what happens. The same does not happen with an SLS screen name.

SDC is a good site? We are lifetime members on sls and really like it, but would like to be on another site as well. Tried AFF...umm, NOT!

We have used most of the sites out there by now. We have settled with BayCouples mainly because they have more members in our area that are new. Plus, we like their "recommendation" feature.

I'm kinna surprised that I didn't see BC mentioned in this thread at all. Oh, well, if you do get a chance to join - say hi to us :-)

just wondering if anyone has had success on any of the pay sites finding local couples close by, say within 5 miles of your home. We have been on SLS and PS and have been disappointed in both. We have had much more luck finding play partners at the on-premise and hotel parties. It seems the owners of the pay sites have an economic incentive to exaggerate their site's effectiveness. Curious to know what others think.

Very intriguing thread!

It seems that we are or have been members of most of the sites listed above. Our favorite is probably SDC but that's only since we moved to Florida. When we lived in Michigan it seemed to have very few members and still does in the northern area of the state where we lived. But since moving to southern Florida it has proven to be the best and most informative.

SLS is nice in the fact that they don't charge and allow you to send messages via a free profile. But it seems that gradually they are taking away more and more options for free members, and this is understandable as they are a business and need to "herd" their members in the direction of paying. We will occasionally pay for a few months when we really want to see some private pictures to determine if we're interested in someone or not, or have started a great conversation and have passed our limit of being able to browse five profiles per day.

Swappernet was our favorite in Michigan as it seemed to have the biggest member base for the area in which we lived but we feel for what they offered the membership price became a bit exorbitant.

I have to say that apparently we are free members of both swingular and playfulswingers but rarely go to either as our free trial has passed and neither impressed us as much as SDC or SLS. But that is an intriguing story and I'm glad to see both sides are getting along and have gone their separate ways.

Ok, that's our two cents!

i've explored other sites but haven't found anything that stood out to me. we've met all of our partners through SLS and just recently opened an AFF account. honestly, i like SLS the best and i get less and less impressed with AFF with every passing day.

On 6/9/2006 at 2:31 PM, Tantra said:

SLS used to be much better. The owners are trying to do new things to the site but he seems to be trying to push people to their app and add features to make it more like (vanilla) Social Media sites. 

Then they roll out the changes that don’t work and screw up the site. Never consulting/surveying/focus group with the paid members. 

looking tonight at The Who Viewed Me section, a post stating changed July 21...?! Either very late of pretty early. 

Lots of members. Seeing far more single males in recent years but correct that it’s a pretty crappy website and changes are making it worse instead of better.

• Like 1

We are on SDC, also. We find SLS more popular in NJ, SDC bigger in Florida.

We’ve met nice people every now and then. There have not been many “new recruits” over the years. Seems like the same ole profiles and not many new people. I thought this was true even before covid. Many of the profiles are from viewers, not players. I used to be frustrated that people wouldn’t respond or meet. I realized that many of the profiles are of people who do not swing.  Many “couples” are singles posing as couples. 

Not everyone can afford it, but we have found greater and easier success on cruises and at resorts like Hedo and Desire. You get to meet the proposed couples face to face. No twenty year old pictures. 

We are paid members on SLS and just started a free trial on SDC. Anyone have any advice on which one you like best and why?  I noticed some of the comments are from 2007 and things have changed on the sites since then. 

While I am not a big fan of some of the changes that SLS is making/made, especially in their mobile app, we still use SLS exclusively. For us it is just a matter of them having more people where we live. I hope that SLS does get the star rating thingie working since that seems to be an easy way of saying 'we're interested in you, check us out' without having to send an email saying the same thing, but it's been a year or more since they started it and it still isn't working.