Are you a Nudist?  

373 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Nudist?

• Yes, I am an avid nudist.
    • No, I am not a nudist.
    • I am more of a casual nudist.
    • EW! The whole idea of nudism grosses me out.

Yes, you just do not get it. My wife and I have been nudists for 40 years and our children were raised in a nudist environment. Nude does not equal sex. Yes, we are always nude when we have sex, but we do not always have sex when we are nude. Nudists are just like everyone else other than the fact that they we don't feel the need to hide our bodies under uncomfortable clothes. We wear clothing when it makes sense to and go nude when it makes sense to go nude. Children raised in a nudist environment have a much healthier outlook on their own body image.

Nudism is a lifestyle choice that is not necessarily associated with swinging. There are nudist who are into swinging, but there are far more who are not.

• Like 1

We voted no. Aside from activities such as sex, bathing and of course swinging, we are actually rarely totally nude.

We've never been just causally nude around the house due to the presence of others as well as worrying about suddenly answering the door. Even sleeping, we prefer a minimal of clothing and at a club we will be one of the least likely to just bare all unless it is for a reason.

In fact, the strange thing is I find myself more modest than Mrs. Fours, though by my knowledge of her personality and insecurities, it should be the other way around! I sometimes feel self-conscience even getting into a hot-tub or being in an open room if there are others around still clothed, while she sometimes has no problem being in the buff in a room full of fully-clothed strangers.

While I'm no stranger to nudity in front of others both in the LS and from Army training, it likely has more to do with being naked in front others who are not sans clothes as well as a lifetime of viewing nudity and sex as going hand-in-hand.

While I thus don't view the nudist lifestyle negatively, it likely wouldn't be for us. Then again, unlike the LS clubs at least everyone else would be equal. Maybe someday we'll try it...who knows.

Does walking around the house naked count?

Yes, if you do it because you like it and not only because you are waiting for the laundry to dry.

I am a casual nudist. I don't mind walking around our local club nude and we visit the nude beach several times a summer with friends. But I am rarely nude at home for no reason. I guess you would call me a "situational" nudist.

When we are in the appropriate situation, we go nude and enjoy it. It isn't the goal of our vacations, but opportunities for being naked in a variety of places is one of the many reasons we like Europe.

I've always been a bit of an exhibitionist, enjoy the sun and thus thought I was a nudist. We went to Desires, were nude with many others at the pool, hot tub, on the ocean, etc. That was great. But then we went on a nude cruise. There may have been some swingers on the cruise, but we didn't find them. Unlike the "nudist" swingers at Desires, these folks seemed far less body aware; they weren't just fat but the very worse with absolutely obese. And, they were morally committed to being nude regardless of even the minimal rules on the cruise. You were suppose wear at least a towel in lunch and breakfast lines. You were suppose to sit with a towel between your naked ass and the chair. They refused. The guy in line in front of you might be dragging his dong along the same track as you were pushing your tray. Never again. I'm a swinger, I'll go nude on beach or resort where it is allowed, I dance nude on the roof top at the Garden of Eden in Key West; but there is simply no way I would say I'm a nudist. After that cruise experience, not a group with whom I want to be associated.

The guy in line in front of you might be dragging his dong along the same track as you were pushing your tray.

Now I can't get the image of a snail trail out of my mind.

• Like 1

We don't sit around naked at home but we have come to LOVE vacations that allow us to be nude. It's such a freeing thing just to not have to worry about clothes. And there is something about nudity that makes people interact differently -- it really does lessen social barriers. I thought I would feel completely vulnerable and self-conscious and that there would be a creepy vibe the first time we went to a nude destination, but it only felt weird for about 5 minutes and has felt completely normal to me ever since! I don't mind seeing less than attractive bodies nude, it's just normal people after all. But I DO love looking at the beautiful and fit ones, won't lie!

We are naked as much as the temperature and circumstances allow. We warn our dates that we will be nude as soon as practical. After all the best ice breaker for sex is nudity :-) In the summer I am nude about 90% of the time at home and in the winter I am nude if I am active or doing errands. I have been getting my morning paper at my front door (every day, any time of the year) in the nude for years. As some have mentioned above, once you begin a habit of nudity, there is no novelty to it and I have to keep my thinking hat on regarding widows and answering doorbells.

My wife is an avid nudist. She loves being naked, or half naked. She's got a killer bikini bod so I enjoy her exhibitionism. I however don't feel as comfortable. When we go to Europe she does the FKK thing, everywhere else she does the sexy bikini thing!

Social Nudists first and always. J at home in and outdoors, weather and privacy permitting.

Nudity does make it easy when out of observation to have a quicky in the open at a Resort or at home.

• Like 1

Guest Stayingactive

My wife and I have become nudists over the years and it still seems weird for us to call ourselves nudist. My wife had always been the more "free" person around the house when it came to nudity so it didn't surprise me too much when several years ago on a trip to Maui she decided to try going topless for the first time on Little Beach. Her confidence had a positive effect on me.

Years later we made a trip to St Martin and decided to try the clothing optional beach there. To her surprise when we got to our chairs I was the first one out of my suit which definitely wasn't like me. We had such a great time sunbathing, swimming in the ocean, being around other like minded nice people, reading books under our umbrella and just relaxing together as a couple experiencing the nudist lifestyle for the first time.

Moving ahead.....we have been back to St Martin and the beach several times now, we have been to a local resort/campground near us that is clothing optional a few times, we hot tub naked when it is just us or with others that are nude friendly (we have even tried it with a couple we know that asked to try it and it was such a great experience for the wife she couldn't stop thanking us for helping them try it out in a safe environment so now they always hot tub naked with us when they visit), we sleep naked every night and when we have the house to ourselves it is not uncommon for us to have a naked pizza and movies night. :-)

It has been a confidence and body image boost for both of us, and one more fun & exciting thing we get to do together as a couple that a lot of people don't do......so yep, we are a happy nudist couple and enjoy meeting and talking to other nudist couples with the same mindset.

Stayingactive, it's funny you mention this! In a reply I wrote to you on another thread this morning, I considered suggesting a nudist resort as a way of enjoying being naked without necessarily having the sexual overtone, but I stopped myself because I thought your wife might think that setting to be too "public". But here you are, talking about liking nudist resorts, so there you go!

The Mrs. and I visited a nudist resort last summer for the first time. Now, we had been to clothing-optional resorts before, but those were overtly swinger-friendly settings. We were traveling to meet some lifestyle friends at a nudist resort in PA called Sunnyrest. We understood the protocol that anything in public at the resort had to be non-sexual, and we followed that scrupulously (after all, there were kids there around the pool). But we ended up meeting some very nice friends of our friends, and having a very excellent time among us and three other couples behind closed doors!

• Like 1

Guest Stayingactive

That is too funny CoupleInMD79. I saw that in your note and chuckled. Figured I should post something here to describe our journey in nudism. We have really enjoyed the beaches and resorts we have been to and have met some wonderful people. We have met some that we thought may also be into swinging but were worried about being wrong if we asked. So now you know you definitely have two nude friendly, open minded people in us.....even if we haven't played with anyone else yet. :-)

Sounds like you guys had a great experience(s) as well. That is so great to hear.

We had at least two couples at Sunnyrest tell us that the population there is probably about 3/4 lifestyle, though for reasons mentioned above, they keep all that behind closed doors. I'm led to believe that the AANR pure nudist community might not take too kindly to suggestions of swinging, so perhaps your caution in discussing your other interests has been well-advised!

Guest Stayingactive

That is interesting to know. I guess we should have continued the dialogue looking for more clues to see if they were swingers. We have definitely understand that for most diehard nudists swinging is not a good subject. We have been able to separate the two and still enjoy our time naked with each other and other like minded people.

One thing we learned at Desire Riviera Maya (or DRM for short, a clothing-optional, lifestyle-friendly resort near Cancun) was that there is "nudist naked", where you can just relax and things are not really sexual, and "sexy naked", which is a more flirty and sexually-oriented. The fact of us learning how to be "nudist naked" at DRM made it easy to enjoy the public part of our day at Sunnyrest, without being too distracted or acting inappropriately (e.g., no boners while walking around the pool!).

StayingActive: Does

...it is not uncommon for us to have a naked pizza and movies night
mean cheese pizza (no toppings)? :lol:

At our local AANR resort, PDA and swinging are not welcomed during the day, but every Saturday night they have a party which is basically a swingers party in the club house. Not all nudists are swingers, not all swingers are nudists, but there is a small group of people who are both.

• Like 2

Guest Stayingactive

Ha ha...love the pizza comment :-)

That's neat that your local resort finds a way to cater to both groups.

We will find out in two months. In October my wife and I are heading to St Martin for our 25th anniversary and will be staying just off Orient Beach. Other than a few visits to a club and a quick walk around Little Beach in Maui, we have not been around public nudity that much. I am curious to see how I react to it as I grew up in a very conservative household. I personally am very open minded, easy going, and non-judgmental, but there are times when my conservative upbringing flashes back at me so it should be interesting to see how things work out.

• Like 2

My wife is an avid nudist. She loves being naked, or half naked. She's got a killer bikini bod so I enjoy her exhibitionism. I however don't feel as comfortable. When we go to Europe she does the FKK thing, everywhere else she does the sexy bikini thing!

FKK-- Looked it up. Freikörperkultur. I think it means "Free body culture"

Guest Stayingactive

AZCouplell....I am so excited for you. Orient Beach, and more specific Club Orient the clothing optional section is a fantastic choice for you try it out. We had a lot of fears and reservations as well. As a guy I worried about the normal guy worries around how will my naked body be judged, will there be "excitement" due to seeing naked people all day long, will my wife be comfortable, relax and enjoy it......I found out none of those things were issues I needed worry about. First there are such varying body types that I wasn't the biggest, wasn't the smallest, wasn't the fattest, wasn't the skinnyiest, wasn't the tallest or the shortest. I was an average person just like everyone else and that was comforting and boosted confidence. For my wife she worried like any woman would....we were 40 at that point so two kids and a few years later.....she worried she wasn't as tight in areas she would like to be, maybe there were more dimples in spots and was concerned about being judged negatively. Once we took our clothes off and sat out for awhile she realized the same thing I did. We were just average like everyone else and didn't have to worry what others thought. Mainly because no one else cared what we looked like, they were just happy for us that we were enjoying the sun, beach and ocean naked like they were. It was a very positive environment. Plus if clothed people came down the beach they seemed to be the ones feeling out of place because everyone else was naked. :-) And, I don't think how much fun a couple can have spending the day naked with your spouse that you love on a Caribbean beach.

We had a great day watching other people work through their nervousness, finally undress then see their enjoyment as the day went on. It was a real positive thing for us. Plus we found out some of the best people on the beach were not the people you might think would be or would be in a clothed world. The ones that caught our attention were the men and women who had the confidence to be naked no matter what their size...large or small....and did not care what anyone else thought and just enjoyed their time naked. seeing that made us see ourselves in a different light. Plus the people are so nice. If and when we had questions there was always someone to help or answer you. It was all so positive. We have found that each time we have went back, and at other resorts we have been to back in the states.

If you have any questions feel free to check out our profile and reach out via email. We'd be happy to answer any questions you have. Minimally we'd love to hear how the experience was for you once you go. We are jealous and envious of you.....we aren't going back until next July probably.

So excited for you two and it was very nice to meet you. Enjoy your naked time there and have a blast!

Translation: as soon as the cultural expectation of being 'covered' is rescinded, it's just more comfortable not putting up with the textile nuisances.

This is huge and completely true. One of those things that the 'average' person doesn't believe or understand until they have experienced it first hand.

• Like 4

....but there is simply no way I would say I'm a nudist. After that cruise experience, not a group with whom I want to be associated.

It is too bad that this was your introduction experience. Uneducated "Nudists" (a.k.a. "Naturists") are probably no different than uneducated "Swingers".

My experience has been that the more public the environment, the better the chances are of having a bad experience, which is to say the more private the club, the better the screening and rule enforcement will be. (With a top rule being to always carry a towel, to sit on.) Private "Naturist" clubs that are correctly run will not hesitate at all to toss out folks who behave inappropriately, especially if it is a "Family Friendly" facility (which can almost seem rabid at times in their enforcement, but usually rightly so).

Just be aware of the rules. In facilities that emphasize "Naturism" as the prevailing environment, they will usually clearly state that open sexual behavior is frowned upon, and can lead to a trip out the front gate, permanently (at least for that visit anyway).

Most naturist folks I have met are very laid-back and fun to be around. The main tenet being that when everyone is naked, it pretty well levels the playing field (rendering everyone equal), and removes all sense of pretense. I tend to agree with that.

Will you see some bodies you wish you had not? Oh, Yes! But part of the Naturist Code (for lack of a better term) is to be accepting of others... so generally: Everyone is accepted (and tolerated) as long as they follow whatever the rules are for that location. I would agree however, that one would hope that some folks would be more prudent and not subject everyone to seeing their naked body, but in the end it is what it is.

:-)

Swingers like to take their clothes off, nudists are often NOT swingers. We prefer to hang out with swingers.

We stayed at Club O many times, but as we moved towards the lifestyle, we started going to Desire.

AZCoupleII said:
We will find out in two months. In October my wife and I are heading to St Martin for our 25th anniversary....

If you are active in the Swing Lifestyle, I doubt it will take very long for you to adjust to the "Naturist" Lifestyle. In fact, I predict two-shakes of a lambs tail.

If it is unfamiliar territory however, I highly recommend checking into it a bit. It always helps to be prepared. Try checking out a few places like the AANR and TNS sites (both have excellent FAQ pages, for starters), Wikipedia, and a simple web search. It will not take a big time investment to get the big picture, and I am betting you will enjoy your first full-fledged experience much more.

American Association for Nude Recreation

The Naturist Society

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naturism

As you have probably guessed... "Naturist" and "Naturism" are the modern "PC" terms for Nudist and Nudism.

?

• Like 1

FKK-- Looked it up. Freikörperkultur. I think it means "Free body culture"

Yep... I just looked it up too. Who knew?

In Germany, "Naturism" (a.k.a. nudism) is referred to as "Freikoerperkultur" (FKK), or: Free Body Culture.

I seem to detect some blurring though (in my understanding) of FKK as simple Naturism (i.e. clothes-free living), and what are basically sex brothels, mainly in Germany. Further study is needed. I suppose I will just suffer through it. :">

Maybe there needs to be a topic / thread just on this (here on the SB)... or maybe it already exists (though a quick search yielded zilch on the topic).

....Once we took our clothes off and sat out for awhile she realized the same thing I did. We were just average like everyone else and didn't have to worry what others thought. Mainly because no one else cared what we looked like, they were just happy for us that we were enjoying the sun, beach and ocean naked like they were....

Excellent post (the whole thing). This is a great pitch for anyone nervous about a first-time experience with public nudity.

The most common advice given to guys on the "accidental woody" issue is to carry a towel. Boners are understandable, and tolerated, as long as you do not flaunt it (if that is what the protocol is for that location). Few guys have a problem with this for very long though. The atmosphere is usually so casual and relaxed that they quickly find themselves following suit. When everyone is naked, all the time, it ceases to be a very big deal quite quickly.

• Like 1

Guest Stayingactive

Thanks for the nice comments luv2was, it was a great positive experience for us. We promote and advocate others to try it when ever the topic comes up. Even beyond building our confidence and personal body image it is truly a fun thing for my wife and I to do together. Something we both love to do and we think all couples should find as many things like that which they can enjoy together and spend time together doing them. Be naked when possible! :-)

Excellent post (the whole thing). This is a great pitch for anyone nervous about a first-time experience with public nudity.

The most common advice given to guys on the "accidental woody" issue is to carry a towel. Boners are understandable, and tolerated, as long as you do not flaunt it (if that is what the protocol is for that location). Few guys have a problem with this for very long though. The atmosphere is usually so casual and relaxed that they quickly find themselves following suit. When everyone is naked, all the time, it ceases to be a very big deal quite quickly.

We enjoy Ballroom Dance, erections are rarely a problem unless I see another guy with one, then it is like contagious but it is like being naked, I don't feel conspicuous as long as I am not the only one with a hard on.

This weekend we are going to Lake Tahoe with our 'best friends' to spend some quality time on the nude beach there. Just wanted to tell someone that's what we're doing this weekend...

• Like 2

We had a visit over the weekend with a fun couple who have a house in Ocean City, MD. We all rode their boat out to one of the small islands in Assawoman Bay, and found a small piece of beach to strip down and catch some rays. Not officially a nude beach, but we didn't have anything but beach grass and horseshoe crabs to watch us, so we got comfortable! Well, and I guess any boats or jet-skis that happened by...

Just spent part of last weekend with another couple on Lake Tahoe. Secret Cove on the Nevada side was a very busy spot. I really don't understand the people who anchor their boat and just watch the 'naked people'. Hey, the price of admission is some skin! It was really cure watching the 10 or so 20something girls who were there...dressed in bikinis. They FINALLY got up the nerve to take off their tops...for 5 minutes and then they put them back on. Really on the cutting edge women.

Just spent part of last weekend with another couple on Lake Tahoe. Secret Cove on the Nevada side was a very busy spot. I really don't understand the people who anchor their boat and just watch the 'naked people'. Hey, the price of admission is some skin! It was really cure watching the 10 or so 20something girls who were there...dressed in bikinis. They FINALLY got up the nerve to take off their tops...for 5 minutes and then they put them back on. Really on the cutting edge women.

We see that on Nude Cruises in ports where we can be naked, little boats circling with binoculars and cameras always covered although one guy in an outboard had his naked dog with him! More fun away from shore with the various Coast Guards doing the same, once on the Royal Clipper we were low passed several times by an Italian Coast Guard jet aircraft on low throttle.

I'm more of an exhibitionist (as in a healthy way, not a weird one). I like being seen naked, sometimes it turns me on. But I'm not a typical 'nudist' kind.

Give me a chance to be naked in my home or backyard and I am there. Someone else mentioned that at some point you may find clothes more of a hassle than being nude. That's my feeling. As long as I'm warm, I'd prefer to be nude. problem is that society doesn't feel the same, so I'm constantly concerned with "upsetting" a neighbor that might be looking into our yard and find me gardening with my pecker hanging out and swinging in the breeze, not to mention when I bend over and my ass is displayed to the world.

• Like 1

...anything worth doing is more fun doing naked!

Except cooking bacon.

Use the microwave.

When we are in the appropriate situation, we go nude and enjoy it. It isn't the goal of our vacations, but opportunities for being naked in a variety of places is one of the many reasons we like Europe.
May I add: Sex always involves nudity, but nudity doesn't always involve sex. I travel to Europe regularly for work and one of my favorite things to do when I go there and don't have those usually dreadful "Let's all get together for dinner" evenings, I go to a nude pool or spa. I enjoy the atmosphere of softness, quiet, relaxation, sensuousness. I feel like I've entered that world when my clothes come off and the other naked people have entered it with me.
  • Like 3

We are both exhibitionists, not nudists. When we go to Gunnison Beach, we love being looked at and love looking at everyone there. It's a mix of true nudists and horny voyeurs so we know that people are there to look. If I know a guy is checking me out I make sure he gets what he's looking for. Last summer I noticed a married.qoman checking out my husband so without telling him, we walked over very close to her and stood by the water. He loves it when the gay men check him out so we spend time on that end as well. If a group of good looking young guys are there, we'll sit near them. I'm.usually so horny when we.leave, I have to sit in his cock in the front seat of the car so I can get off quick.