Zoe&Wash

The best thing you did TO your bedroom?

Okay, first post here since 2011.  Things got strange, then they got terrifying, then strange again, and now back to some normalcy.  But that's a subject for a different post.

What is the best thing that y'all have done TO the bedroom to enhance your sex life?  We have a giant California king that takes up most of our bedroom, and I've added some screw eyes into the sides for some light B&D, but that's about it.

Since our most exciting sex seems to take place during the day, we're looking into some blackout curtains, and I've got a notion about some mood lights around and under the bed (LEDs most likely).

Any thoughts about some DIY projects that will spice up the bedroom?

• Like 2

Welcome back! Please do share your stories with us. We'd love to hear!

We haven't modified our bedroom at all. But, I'm reminded of an adult shop in Toronto that had a mannequin tied up and hanging from a device on the ceiling. I soon learned it was called a "wench winch". I don't think I'll ever have one of those in my bedroom, but wow :)

• Like 3

Not DIY, not inexpensive, but our best bedroom update was to switch from a queen to king sized bed. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, njbm said:

Not DIY, not inexpensive, but our best bedroom update was to switch from a queen to king sized bed. 

Oh yeah, made that decision in 1994, with a waterbed, then upgraded to a decent mattress about ten years ago that was made to fit the existing frame.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bbarnsworth said:

had a mannequin tied up and hanging from a device on the ceiling. I soon learned it was called a "wench winch". I don't think I'll ever have one of those in my bedroom, but wow :)

"Dad, can I borrow your corded drill and a 3/16ths inch auger bit? No, thanks, I can handle this myself."

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Zoe&Wash said:

Any thoughts about some DIY projects that will spice up the bedroom?

I had my husband install a stripper pole!  It added some much appreciated sexy to our sex life.  

• Like 1
  • Hot! 1

45 minutes ago, Aphroditee said:

Ummm kids are not allowed in Mommies room, it's a rule!!!  They know it and they follow it, on pain of death from the very uncomfortable conversations we will have!  

Well, we're empty nesters now (finally), so a pole wouldn't be a major issue except for there not being any room in it, and neither of us in any shape to be swinging around on it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AndrewandAnn said:

I must say, having a bedroom dedicated to sleep, and another bedroom dedicated to sex and erotic play, is a luxury we both enjoy even more than we thought we would. I know it's not in the cards for everybody, but it you have the space and funds to make it work, you could do a lot worse for yourselves.

We could do something akin to that to our guest bedroom on the first floor, but then we'd have to stop using it as giant closet.  Good idea, though, we'll keep it in mind. 

• Haha 1

On 4/11/2022 at 7:50 PM, njbm said:

A queen is large enough for three to play in our experience, but not four. Occasionally, our female third has stayed over, and this is way more comfortable when people can find private physical space.

We also switched to a latex hybrid mattress, which is much more supportive and bouncy, and doesn't sag in weird ways where people gather. This is just as nice for two having sex as three.

Then there's the under-mattress restraint kit, which is a cheap way to start and you can tuck it away.

• Like 1
  • Hot! 1

There are some latex foam beds where you just keep sinking. Apparently not true with a hybrid. 

Edited by njbm

Well probably a little long answer but when we purchased our home next to our master bedroom was a room that was made to look like an office. The house was already a 4 bedroom so we didn't need to turn it to a fifth so my husband had an idea and he removed the wall between the master bedroom and that office. He then sealed off where the original door was so when ur looking at it you can't tell there was a room ever there. And in the master bed room he installed a good door with a special lock as well as he had the wall area sound proof the best he could, we put a large round like bed, sex swing all my toys , video cameras and a monitor that sees if kids are at our bedroom door. So we made it that our main part of the master bedroom is where we make love and the add on room is where it gets kinky and nast lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, njbm said:

There are some latex foam beds where you just keep sinking. Apparently not true with a hybrid. 

Exactly. Latex mattresses are extremely bouncy in a way that memory foam is not, and they also transfer heat better. However, they need a spring to be really supportive.

Latex hybrid mattresses are something I'll be telling people about until I die, both for sex and sleep quality.

• Like 1