Roliin75

Friend or foe?

My wife and I have been very friendly with another couple for years.  They are not easily social and so we introduce them to everyone when we are at swinger clubs and lifestyle events.  We host parties and always include them.  Several times in the past, we have become aware that they take our other friend's phone numbers and make plans to see them privately.  We didn't really care what they did on their time.  Lately, when we introduce them to a small group, they will invite the entire group and not us.  My  wife says, "drop them and let them fend for themselves in the future, they are using us."  

The man can be arrogant (not sure why) and would not handle confrontation well.  I'm not looking for a fight but let's face it, that's pretty messed up.  My wife also tells me that he knows women are more attracted to me and this makes it easier for him. 

Thoughts?  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 10thBadger said:

You have to say something to them or they will think they are getting away with something

Is it worth the aggravation to call them on it? Most bad actors don’t understand that they are doing something wrong. 

• Like 2

Brother is more than worth it because they knew what was going on and they knew what we were doing was wrong. There’s no way I will let somebody walk away and do something wrong to my wife without there haven’t been repercussions for Doing so. The last thing I’m going to do is have this guy get away with something and be giggling somewhere laughing about how he got something over on unexpected couple. Just consequences for bad actions and this would’ve been a time to do exactly what you needed to do

• Like 2

I appreciate the input.  We are sure to see them in the club tonight and we have decided that rather than being confrontational, we will say hello and walk away to mingle with other people,  I agree that I would like to let him know that we are well aware of what they have been up to and perhaps one day it will come to that.  I'll let you know.

• Like 3

Well, we saw the couple.  I was a little bit cold when I entered the club and saw them sitting in our usual spot waiting for us.  He asked me if I was in a bad mood (who asks that?) and I simply said no, not at all.   We made ourselves scarce, busy mingling with other friends and when we came back over to pick up drinks he had his back to us.  Feels like high school all over again.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Roliin75 said:

Well, we saw the couple.  I was a little bit cold when I entered the club and saw them sitting in our usual spot waiting for us.  He asked me if I was in a bad mood (who asks that?) and I simply said no, not at all.   We made ourselves scarce, busy mingling with other friends and when we came back over to pick up drinks he had his back to us.  Feels like high school all over again.  

Sounds to me like your "friend" is pretty childish and petty. I agree with the majority... drop 'em. No need to say anything to him about it. He won't actually listen to what you say even if you do. He'll only hear what he wants to hear and he'll invent a reason that suits his ego. It's not your problem. Move on.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Roliin75 said:

We made ourselves scarce, busy mingling with other friends and when we came back over to pick up drinks he had his back to us.  Feels like high school all over again.

Well, at least what you suspected is now confirmed, so don't have to feel bad about putting them on your naughty list.

• Like 3