Bek

When the triangle becomes a square

So the man I am dating and I have an open relationship.  We both have other sexual partners.  We advise our other partner of our status.  In a recent meet and greet I introduced my BF to a friend I talk to regularly but only slept with once. My BF introduced me to his regular FWB girl.  I saw her and my friend talking and laughed and my BF and I said wouldn’t that be funny if they were hooking up?  The next day my friend tells me indeed this is the girl he had been seeing regularly.  She is not committed to either man.  My friend and I don’t have a sexual relationship we are better as friends only.  
My BF Is upset he was the last to know and that I didn’t tell him immediately that my friend and his FWB were hooking up.  Is that my place to tell?  I only knew for 2 days before he openly asked his FWB.  

We come down that it was her news/business to share with him not yours. So, we think you did the right thing allowing it to unfold between the two of them. That said, do you and your BF expect to see your fwb's dance card(s)? Why is it necessary to know the names of their other partners?

• Like 2

Thank you for the reply.  I do not ask my FWB their partners.  He doesn’t either.  I think he was hurt that he was last to know but it still shouldn’t change mine and his or his and her arrangements.  I didn’t think it was that uncommon to have mutual partners in LS.  

Those who don't share completely with intimate partners don't, in my opinion, understand the "open" part of open relations

• Like 2

I'm wondering...if he might just consider you a FWB as well. That would explain why he's upset about his FWB hooking up with your friend. If this other girl is ONLY a FWB, I wouldn't think that he would have a problem with it.

On 1/19/2021 at 9:46 PM, Bek said:

When the triangle becomes a square

I misinterpreted the title of this post and was thinking back to when I trimmed my bush into a square.  I've also tried the landing strip rectangle, inverted the triangle, and once tried a circle.

• Haha 2

Idaho couple

"I was always under the impression that it was considered bad form to bring up who was sleeping with who."

As a matter of gossip we refrain as well. As a matter of information no so much.

I realize that, that is a thoroughly subjective distinction.

Within our close partners we expect and offer such transparency. With those held close and our significant others there is not much room for a lack of clarity.

As far as offering information or listening to that information about other, we shut it down immediately.

The only exception would be if we are POSITIVE of a danger either physical or health.

Edited by lcmim

On 1/26/2021 at 11:07 AM, couplers said:

I misinterpreted the title of this post and was thinking back to when I trimmed my bush into a square.  I've also tried the landing strip rectangle, inverted the triangle, and once tried a circle.

Isn't creativity the goal? You succeeded, Couplers.

From the title I assumed a three way, triangle, became a 4 way, square. But I like couplers explanation as well. Lots to fantasize about.