I read on the Drudge Report that this event drew 250 attendees this week. Those are some committed hobbyists!

56 minutes ago, Jane1902 said:

At what point will people change their behavior?

For some, only when they are dead.

• Like 2

I could not think of a more foolhardy undertaking. Hope this is a wake up call to those who are not taking prudent precautions. We are so close to a vaccine, why risk your life and the life of your contacts, known and unknown?  This is a Darwin award winning effort by the organizers (survival of the fittest). Imagine explaining to your covid striken spouse that this was a good idea?

• Like 2

We attended this event in 2019. Frankly, we did not enjoy it. We found it difficult to meet people. We rarely have trouble on cruises or at resorts. We socialized with two couples we knew previously and , despite efforts to circulate, did not meet anyone new. We love New Orleans, but we would not attend that event again. 

14 hours ago, kcjones said:

The current reports is 300 and 41 (As of today) have contracted the virus.  Expect the podcasters to discuss this for the next few months.  

https://www.wlox.com/2020/12/01/people-test-positive-coronavirus-after-new-orleans-swingers-convention/

I thank you for posting this link. I am going to forward it to our friends in Florida who are upset with us for saying that we are not going to be attending parties at their favorite swingers' clubs. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kcjones said:

The current reports is 300 and 41 (As of today) have contracted the virus.  Expect the podcasters to discuss this for the next few months.  

https://www.wlox.com/2020/12/01/people-test-positive-coronavirus-after-new-orleans-swingers-convention/

A number of podcasters are discussing their recent trips to Desire...

• Like 2

Little head thinking for the big head. You don’t have to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. 

• Like 1

On 12/2/2020 at 6:33 AM, Fitlakecouple said:

A number of podcasters are discussing their recent trips to Desire...

From what I heard, Desire was packed.  Only a fool would believe no one walked away unscathed.   I completely understand 2 couples, who know each other well getting together, but a damn convention/resort, with hundreds of people?  There's nothing calculated about that, its just dumb.   

• Like 2

My thoughts exactly.  Swinging is no different than any other part of life.  At this point, as far into this as we are, there is a huge swath of middle ground between damn the torpedoes full steam ahead and lock yourself alone in your closet until further notice.  Where exactly in that middle ground is someone's happy place is up to them, but at least it's a reasoned decision, not just out on one extreme or another.

I don't know, maybe it's because we are firmly in the "hobby not a lifestyle" camp, but of all the other stuff we have put on hold in the short term so we're here for the long term, swinging is waaaaay down on that list.

• Like 1

The New Orleans event doesn't sound interesting to me. I had a few friends who would do Marti Gras all the time and it sounded like a hassle. WAY too many people. Endless crowds. I figure the Naughty in New Orleans is similar....more a large party than a place to meet others.

• Like 1

Seems like they thought they were taking all the necessary precautions. But, its a virus. Hard to control.

We've been very limited for the past few years in our swinging. She just doesn't seem as interested. But today, I mentioned the article and that it was on my birthday and she said "I guess we know what we're doing for your BD next year". Love that response.

Also read about the blood bank research that predicts there have been 53M infections in the US, not 13M. And that the virus was on the west and east coasts in December. We spent 10 days in NY city in mid to late February and must have been exposed. If the number is truly 53M, that changes everything in terms of death rate as percentage, potential for herd immunity and the potential lack of a need for a vaccine in all but the most 'at risk' populations. I'm not advocating anything, but it certainly changes the math a bit.

Okay, back to the most important new - We might be in New Orleans next November with a bunch of other swingers.. Yipee...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lovefest04 said:

Seems like they thought they were taking all the necessary precautions. But, its a virus. Hard to control.

We've been very limited for the past few years in our swinging. She just doesn't seem as interested. But today, I mentioned the article and that it was on my birthday and she said "I guess we know what we're doing for your BD next year". Love that response.

Also read about the blood bank research that predicts there have been 53M infections in the US, not 13M. And that the virus was on the west and east coasts in December. We spent 10 days in NY city in mid to late February and must have been exposed. If the number is truly 53M, that changes everything in terms of death rate as percentage, potential for herd immunity and the potential lack of a need for a vaccine in all but the most 'at risk' populations. I'm not advocating anything, but it certainly changes the math a bit.

Okay, back to the most important new - We might be in New Orleans next November with a bunch of other swingers.. Yipee...

Not sure I buy the herd immunity argument. We’ll get a vaccine, assuming it is safe and effective on the early adopters. 

8 hours ago, njbm said:

You don’t have to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. 

So said the Nobel laureate.

And from which the radical 60s group took its name.

• Like 1

Lovefeat04 about the virus, accurate information is the key... and as you demonstrate, the media/gov MAY ? not be providing it to us. People should stop emotionally reacting to the media all together anyway, period. But that’s another forum.

as for Nawty in Nawlins, which I hate! Because we don’t say it like that here... it’s New Orlin’s, if one must spell it phonetically lol. we have not been to it tho. But we are thinking about next one. If we can afford it and get off work that is lmao.

1 hour ago, couplers said:

So said the Nobel laureate.

And from which the radical 60s group took its name.

The last concert we saw was Bob Dylan in 2019 in NYC. 

The swinger outbreak is a punch line on late night shows. As if swinging needed bad publicity.  Truly crazy idea by the organizer and attendees. How can you have a safe group swinging event in a pandemic. Perfect storm.  Imagine this group’s ideas on STDs?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, njbm said:

Imagine this group’s ideas on STDs?

There's a ton of virtue signaling in the lifestyle.  I guarantee many of the couples at NIN have previously posted online how they test every 3 months, thoroughly vet new play partners, only play with condoms, and would block any couple who even mentions going bareback.  The lifestyle is ruled by swingers hormones, which explains why what you read online in swingers forums doesn't always jive with what you see in the clubs and at parties.  

Edited by kcjones
  • Like 3

On 12/2/2020 at 5:10 PM, njbm said:

The last concert we saw was Bob Dylan in 2019 in NYC. 

Bob Dylan and Paul Simon on September 11, 1999 at the Memphis Pyramid.  I was young and it was a long time ago. 

• Like 1

Last year, Bob was shuffling around in his track suit. He looked a bit like an assisted living resident. The band was great. 

• Like 1