njbm

Trapeze, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida is open

Trap is a weekend trip for us. We'll go over to the east coast and the club sometime this summer.

Let us know what it looks like in the playroom! Cloth masks or leather masks?

We went to Secrets last weekend.  Not sure if I have updated my location but we live in Florida now.  Secrets was packed.  I have never seen it so busy and nobody was wearing masks.

59 minutes ago, njbm said:

4000 new cases in Florida today.

And according to Trolls:

1. 100 unplanned pregnancies

2. 1000 folks with std's

3. 50 destroyed marriages

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lovefest04 said:

And according to Trolls:

1. 100 unplanned pregnancies

2. 1000 folks with std's

3. 50 destroyed marriages

Same people who are not wearing a mask are probably not wearing a condom. Would help your problems number one and two.  Earplugs could help on problem number 3. It’s all about barriers!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DigginIt said:

We went to Secrets last weekend.  Not sure if I have updated my location but we live in Florida now.  Secrets was packed.  I have never seen it so busy and nobody was wearing masks.

I could Google it, but in the interest of human interaction, where is Secrets?

Trapeze in Fort Lauderdale closed again on June 26 due to the uptick in cases. Stay safe Floridians! We are in our bunker in NJ. We are over 60, the male half is a tad overweight. We are playing this pandemic pretty safe. If you make a boo boo and get a bad case, there is no do over.  I’ll take the mockery, the stories about freedom, don’t worry, it only happens in nursing homes and try to stay safe. YMMV. 

Was really hoping to check out this spot and Caliente this season but it just isn’t worth the risk at this point. They’re not going anywhere and as a fairly recent Florida resident, neither are we. 

44 minutes ago, HerSweetness said:

Was really hoping to check out this spot and Caliente this season but it just isn’t worth the risk at this point. They’re not going anywhere and as a fairly recent Florida resident, neither are we. 

2021 post vaccine!

Trapeze just announced tonight that due to the marked increase in cases of Wuhan in FL, the club will close until further notice. Im guessing it will be awhile before they try again.

• Sad 1

That may be true but Wuhan had a head start. Try not to forget that fact.

The wife and I were really looking forward to checking out Trap this summer. We have been to secrets a couple of times and had a blast. Oh well. The wait continues.. 

I heard when the club was open, Saturday night was at about 50% of a regular Saturday  When I asked how many people that would be, I was told about 200 people.  The play room was packed.  Go figure....

2 hours ago, MarniJohn said:

I heard when the club was open, Saturday night was at about 50% of a regular Saturday  When I asked how many people that would be, I was told about 200 people.  The play room was packed.  Go figure....

The Florida SARS-CoV-2 case numbers are truly frightening. The contact tracing data coming from bars and similar are showing that for a single asymptomatic carrier, this can multiply to ~150 cases in a month to six weeks. While Ro is thought to be about 2-3 (may be higher for the newer variant of the virus) the behavior of the individual vastly overwhelms the average, and one imagines that a LS venue is a perfect environment for superspreading.

• Like 1

The judgment of the public on going to swing clubs, bars, indoor restaurants without a mask or at all baffles me. The virus is smarter than many people. Or, to put it another way, it has a greater discipline and will to live. The selfishness and entitlement of our citizens is part of our downfall. This is not a political comment, but a cultural observation. Apparently, they could make some sacrifices for the good of others in Europe, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand and Canada. 

Can we shut down permanently? Till a vaccine? No. But going to a swingers’ club like Trapeze during a pandemic really did not make sense to me. I said that at the outset when things were bad in NJ, but not yet in FL. 

We’ve been to Trapeze. It’s a great club. But the preferred activities cannot be safely executed in a pandemic. Wonder how many cases Trapeze “spawned” before re-closing?

NYC clubs are starting to open, but unlike FL, we are on a downward trajectory with CV-19 infections.  Still, I am very apprehensive.  I suppose any visit to a sex club is a roll-of-the-dice and corona is another BIG threat added to the list of catch-able diseases.

But I'm horny as hell and need me a fun sex night out.  As I understand it, one club in an outer boro never shut down.  Has just been going along like there is no pandemic - but I'm not sure if there has been any spread as a result?

Has anyone been to Trapeze in FL or GA?  Are you aware of anyone catching CV-19 from the club?

:dontknow:

We would not go to a swing club unless we were vaccinated, there is a treatment that makes it like a mild cold or, like a miracle, the disease disappeared. You only get one mistake. 

• Like 1

I am having a hard time understanding a club being open now. But money is money. I doubt many people would admit to going if they did end up with the virus. I suspect those more likely to go to a club now are less cautious in general and would consider it community acquired anyways. Maskless in an indoor naked community with heavy breathing is just a little too high risk for me. Mild, bad flu, or silent carrier I don’t want any of it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sunday said:

NYC clubs are starting to open, but unlike FL, we are on a downward trajectory with CV-19 infections.  Still, I am very apprehensive.  I suppose any visit to a sex club is a roll-of-the-dice and corona is another BIG threat added to the list of catch-able diseases.

But I'm horny as hell and need me a fun sex night out.  As I understand it, one club in an outer boro never shut down.  Has just been going along like there is no pandemic - but I'm not sure if there has been any spread as a result?

Has anyone been to Trapeze in FL or GA?  Are you aware of anyone catching CV-19 from the club?

:dontknow:

So you are "horny as hell" and you really don't care if you spread it around. This attitude is why we can't get covid under control. Whether or not you believe it the fact is the economy and just life in general is not going to improve until we do. You have good reason to be concerned. I am guessing everyone here is horny. So you go to the club, even with covid numbers rising and if it's there the chances of getting it are high. And you have no sx for a few days so you just run to Walmart and gave it to great aunt Ida May who had to go to Walmart to pick up a prescription. Who, the next day is holding her just born great grandkid. That's 2 people who have almost none existent immune systems. But maybe nothing bad will happen. I feel like you are asking for validation to do something that you know you shouldn't be doing ? 

The selfish and imprudent behavior that is apparently unique to this country is destroying it. I wouldn’t mind if people’s reckless behavior just did themself in. The problem is that they spread it to innocent victims. 

• Like 2

Once people change their focus from not getting it themselves to not giving it to others things will change.

People need to be told they are selfish and inconsiderate. They may need to be told so frequently.

When I run across a "No one is going to tell me to mask up!...I am not afraid of this covid thing.." type, I just tell them I am, and I certainly do not want to take it home to my wife. SO STOP SPITTING ON ME!

Some look at me like I am a moron. Maybe the next person will get through to them.

If there are others around to hear the exchange most often there are signs of approval.

Washing up, masking, not getting close together in groups , all of these make sense. It may , momentarily be inconvenient, perhaps frustrating, but it sure beats getting a loved on sick. It even beats getting the random stranger sick.

• Like 2