I noticed that there’s not a lot of talk about older couples and I was wondering what it is like for a Middle Age couple that are newbies ? Most of the post that I see tend to come from younger couples (or appear too), so I was just curious if there are any middle-age couples out there and what your experiences are as an older couple?

• Like 2

I noticed that there’s not a lot of talk about older couples and I was wondering what it is like for a Middle Age couple that are newbies ? Most of the post that I see tend to come from younger couples (or appear too), so I was just curious if there are any middle-age couples out there and what your experiences are as an older couple?

No matter the age there are plenty of people around who can identify with you. For us this is generally 15-18+or- our age.

• Like 1

Okay, just what do you consider middle aged? We are both 59, and still consider ourselves young!

• Like 3

Too funny Padoc.

We are 57 and 58. Grandparents not boingking people that look like what I thought my grandparents look like. Lol. People are much more attractive in person than in profile pictures. Age is just a number. We are newbies and so far everyone we have hooked up with have been younger than us.

• Like 2

I protest! There are some interesting things you can do with a cane! And you've never had it good until your lady's perched on your walker...

:)

Seriously Rico&Jenni; Swingers are your average people you see at a grocery store, and the vast majority of them are not the younger set. Most younger couples either haven't even thought about swinging yet (if it's even entered their minds), or are too young/immature in their relationships (not saying that in a negative way) to be ready for it. At least at the places I've been too (it's not a long list, but still) I would have to say the average person is over at least 35 if not 40. I see lots of people quite a bit older than that too.

• Like 1

Join SDC or SLS and set the search parameters to age 50-70 within 100 miles. You will be amazed at the possibilities.

• Like 1

We got into swinging when we were in our early 50s. I remember what a turn on it was - for that matter it still is. After decades of monogamy, to be able to appreciate a woman without fear of reprisal. For my wife to have a great time flirting, which was something she did very well until we committed to each other. So, if both people are on the same page, just going with the flow is so liberating!

• Like 4

mid·dle-aged

/ˌmidl ˈājd/

adjective

adjective: middle-aged; adjective: middleaged

(of a person) aged about 45 to 65.

I thought that middle aged would have been younger. By definition, we started when we were middle aged and still are. Finding people have been no problem, finding the RIGHT people is the trick. Most swingers seem to be either young (early 20's) or middle aged. That in between group is usually raising kids and the like. Love swinging and being middle aged!

• Like 1

Padoc -"The only problem we've found is that while we are grandparents and want to boink grandparents, we don't want to boink people who look like OUR grandparents did at our age."

I actually think I look way younger and better than I ever imagined folks looked like at 56 (my age). I find older women way more attractive than I did when I was 30. So, the question is: are people better looking or does age and wisdom help us to mature and see beauty where it didn't/doesn't exist. To put it more bluntly yet gently: have our standards changed?

I suspect if I asked a 25 year old lady what she thought of me, I'd be disappointed. So I don't. I prefer to live in my fantasy and enjoy all types.

That of course doesn't hold true for Ms. Padoc, she's totally hot!

Mrs Doc blushingly thanks you for the compliment. To answer your question, I think maturity brings acceptance. We love watching 30 something hard bodied couples at the beach or the club and we KNOW that we'd rock their world given the opportunity but we also know that we are not their idea of attractive. We're now at an age where we appreciate the beauty and the experience of mature couples. Yes, there are some wrinkles, more of a muffin-top than a 30-something, graying hair and a lack of desire to wait till 2:00 am to get naked and party. A young guy could boink my wife all night but a mature man will finesse her into multiple squirting orgasms while I do the same to his wife. We both had some serious crotch banging sex in our 20's and 30's but I think what happens at our age is more considerate, more giving, more knowledgeable and probably more satisfying than anything either of us did 30 years ago. And its better too because we can now easily share what we've learned, what we've experienced and what we desire with our friends without jealousy or damage to our marriage. We DID look better by any standard at 35 than we do now but all in all, we're happy and content with the fact that we broke the code sexually and are having way more fun than we thought we would at our age.

• Like 4

Mr Idaho here. I think that an older couple is willing to take it slower. At 25 I wasn't interested in the journey....just the destination. When you are younger you are interested in getting off. Now I like to enjoy the feelings the look on the Missus face. The flirting gets more risque as the evening wears on the touching gets more bold. I also think there is a lot less jealousy as you get older. I already know who I'm going home with.

• Like 2

SDC = Seak Discover Create (or that's what they say it stands for now).

SLS = Swingers Lifestyle

Both are 'dating' websites for finding other swingers.

We didn’t start until mid-40’s, we were just dating, 2nd time around for both of us, me a widow, him divorced after a 20 year marriage. Certainly, once I got into it, I said more than once that I wished I had gotten started at much younger age but really, it was a good age. We were welcomed by young and old alike, as well as by those our own age.

Are Gen Xers middle aged? Gen Y younger. Baby Boomers Old?

Our findings are more Gen X couples are experiencing their first time. Could be they are comfortable in their own skins and not worrying what others think.

I won’t say age is not a factor for us even if it’s not the sole factor. We question why couples more than 10 years younger than us want to be with us while ten years older than us is fine. We have been with couples twenty years older than us. Maybe we are appreciated more by older couples.

Some data on age in the lifestyle. This is from 3 swinger cruises so it may not represent data in the country in general since doing a swinger cruise requires free time and some disposable cash (week long cruise is around $4,500 per cabin plus drinks).

20's 5% of the attendees

30's 20%

40's 39%

50's 28%

60's 5%

70+ 1%

We thought our last cruise skewed a little older (November Bliss). We are early 60s, maybe it’s who we hang out with.

I think a lot of the people on this board are middle-aged or older. As others said, it's very common for people to take up swinging again once the kids are starting to become less of a factor.

Mrs. E is roughly 15 years older than I am and all of our regular play partners are in that camp. The single woman we play with is newly-divorced, between our ages, and her children are out of the house. The first couple we connected with, she used to babysit for. She usually prefers younger men for MFM but we really have no hard and fast rules about an age requirement.

I think if you participate in the scene of visiting clubs and meetups, etc., you'll find no shortage of people who you feel are age-appropriate for yourselves and welcoming to you.

• Like 2

If you have watched Season 1 of Swing on Playboy, you may remember that in the first few episodes there were two real young couples. You could tell, right away, that they were not mature enough for that environment and the potential outcome. Not necessarily stating that maturity comes with age because some people seem to stop maturing long before they age.

• Like 2