Lionheart72

Where are all the geeks?

Maybe it's just me, but I find myself wondering where are all the geeky swingers.

Recently, having relocated to a place without a nearby swingers club, we've started checked out profiles n SLS again. I've noticed that there are lots and lots of folks who are into motocycles, hiking, camping, hunting, etc. As a person who is mostly into reading books, watching movies and - yes, I admit it - actually still plays D&D (or something very like it), I find myself wondering if I'm looking in the wrong place. Maybe I'm on the wrong site? Maybe it's the area I find myself in these days? Maybe there just aren't that many nerds in the lifestyle?

So, geeky swingers... are you out there?

I suggest checking dating sites and seeing if there are local profiles with your fun activities. I think you can search most sites without having to buy a membership, but even if you subscribe for one, two, or three months, it could be worth it. If you can post a profile emphasize your hobbies. You might not find play partners, but you can find hobby partners who can introduce you to their community.

I guess I'm a 'former' geek. I was an IT professional, I've got seven bookcases in my place. At a recent museum exhibit I taught tweeters and teenagers how we used to use a slide rule. (Still have mine from Engineering school back in 19(mumble the rest.) I'm retired now, but I teach technology classes to disadvantaged adults.

Theres a few of us here . . .

• Like 1

Yep. House full of engineering and legal texts. Got computers in all the available operating systems lying around in various states of repair. Foreign language books... We gave up on SLS. Kasadie was somewhat better, but we aren’t in Denver. Don't know what to tell ya. Hang in there. Go to clubs.

Unfortunately, many in the LS confuse geeks with nerds. We refer them to this video for explanation...

:lol:

"Everyone likes a little ass, but no one likes a smart ass." :)

Not quite as rare as a unicorn, but a female geek here. But we're poly, not really swingers, but we woman in the family do share a boyfriend on the side.

Not quite as rare as a unicorn, but a female geek here. But we're poly, not really swingers, but we woman in the family do share a boyfriend on the side.

I'm not sure why, but I see this a lot. It seems like the "geeky" people into play tend to be poly.

I'm not sure why, but I see this a lot. It seems like the "geeky" people into play tend to be poly.

I hadn't thought about it but now that you say that it really rings true... most of the geeky people we've played with identify as poly or kink or both.

• Like 1

"

"

... that's a keeper... Thanks!

I get called upon to fix the computer of many family & friends.

Mostly run Linux now.

Have lots of "Techie" gadgets, and love fooling around with that stuff.

Most of my books are digital now (including an audio collection).

"The IT Crowd" (Netflix) is a favorite show.

Favorite PC game? ... Sim City!

I'm an engineer and stuff.

... and I identify as Poly too.... Hummmmmmm

But "Yes"... have not run across that many Geeks in the LS (through the usual channels anyway).

• Like 1

I hadn't thought about it but now that you say that it really rings true... most of the geeky people we've played with identify as poly or kink or both.

In our poly family hubby David and I are techie geeks - engineer/scientists; Red is the creative artsy type (plenty of college, no degree); Lora has an engineering degree but is more in finance now; Clair, the stay-at-home-mom to our children, is a comparative lit (multi-language) major. Kinks? We are very tame except for the occasional Lesbian S/M play between Lora and me when we're alone. The others don't want to see it.

One been here (out of the closet) the other peeking out now and then. Yes six-fi. Yes video games, yes comics. Yes to comic-con. And yes to cosplay!

We are not poly but do like to add an occasional couple or single to our bed from time to time.

However, we are in SoCal with lots of like minded folks. Far different from the time we spent in the more rural southeast.

• Like 1

Thinking back, it occurs to us that our ‘first meet with the new couple’ often gets to a tech topic—smartphones, vehicles, the ingenuity of this or that machine, whatever. Not everyone who likes to talk tech is a geek, of course. But it usually makes for a bit of lively conversation.

Polytechnic?

Polyamorous.

Oh... and I am a Trekker too.

(True Star Trek fans abhor the moniker "Trekkie".)

"Live long and prosper."

.. Far different from the time we spent in the more rural southeast.
So what is more rare, swinging geeks or swinging Evangelicals?

Swinging geek . . . Evangelicals are some of the randiest people out there, and geeks can always go play by theirselves.

• Like 1

So what is more rare, swinging geeks or swinging Evangelicals?

Would think swinging Evangelicals but vaguely remember a sting about it being okay to sin on Saturday as long as you were in church on Sunday...

• Like 1

"Ah, there's a fine line between Saturday night and Sunday morning . . ." - Jummy Buffet, Fruitcaes

• Like 1

Do the Spock ears have to stay on while going down on someone in order to maintain your "geek card"???

Do the Spock ears have to stay on while going down on someone in order to maintain your "geek card"???

I don't know about that, but I'll admit to having gone down on Lora or Clair, forgetting to take my glasses off. It's not as much a problem with a guy.

My wife has a set of Vulcan ears and a Star Trek (original series) woman's uniform (science officer)... looks great without panties.

My wife has a set of Vulcan ears and a Star Trek (original series) woman's uniform (science officer)... looks great without panties.
So, do they shave down there in the 25th century?

Geek couple here too. We even like cosplay conventions. I think most people are a little hesitant to put stuff like that on their profile. Hell, we don't even list it on ours.

Geek couple here too. We even like cosplay conventions. I think most people are a little hesitant to put stuff like that on their profile. Hell, we don't even list it on ours.

It's funny if you think about it... "I'm fine with you having wild, crazy, hot sex with my wife, but I'm not comfortable telling you about my Klingon costume."

I mean, it makes sense but it's funny.

• Like 1

. . . So, geeky swingers... are you out there?
Raising my hand; I am a geek. My wife and I know several others.

I'm still an IT pro, I watched Star Trek when it was on network TV (no way to record TV back then), had my first computer when I was 16 (hacked my first site later that same year), still remember the first time I saw Star Wars. I don't have any costumes, but I do have a Star Wars jacket. We don't have a living room...it's been turned into a library. Print will always be better than digital. Also, just got a 1973 pinball machine that shares the library. I don't have a single drone...I have several. After watching the video I guess I'm a nerd. Not only did I know what a Venn diagram, I use them more times than I want to admit.

• Like 1

I'm still an IT pro, I watched Star Trek when it was on network TV (no way to record TV back then), had my first computer when I was 16 (hacked my first site later that same year), still remember the first time I saw Star Wars. I don't have any costumes, but I do have a Star Wars jacket. We don't have a living room...it's been turned into a library. Print will always be better than digital. Also, just got a 1973 pinball machine that shares the library. I don't have a single drone...I have several. After watching the video I guess I'm a nerd. Not only did I know what a Venn diagram, I use them more times than I want to admit.

I have a drone. I’m a gamer from the 1980s on to present. I actually DO have Star Wars costumes. Like, movie accurate costumes. How’s that for geeky? ??

• Like 1

...just got a 1973 pinball machine that shares the library.

Outstanding! :)

My wife has a set of Vulcan ears ....
My wife has two sets of Vulcan labia...

Raises hand. Lol

Star wars

Star trek

LoTR

GoT

Scifi anything

Medieval Faires

Highland games

Video games

Etc

Etc

But still love outdoors, sports, hunting, shooting, etc. You could say we play for both teams ;)

• Like 1