I'm not one for having sex on my period. If it's at the end and I'm barely spotting it's no big deal, throw a towel down to make sure there's no mess risk and I'm ok. However, if it's early and things are heavy or inconsistent, it's not going to happen. That said, I'm pretty sure that there have been times I've had sex with a tampon in, and at one time tried using the Instead cup.

I have a male friend who mentioned that he had no issue at all having sex with a woman on her period or even going down on her (so long as he cleans her up good first). That left me wondering....

What are your thoughts on sex during her/your period? Do you do it? Do you swing while on your period?

Well, it's so awesome not to be getting that anymore, but most of the time I liked having sex on my period. It seem to quwell the cramps and it felt good. There were times when I had my period that I didn't desire sex, but not often.

I tend to get really horny while I'm on my period. I'm comfortable having sex with hubby, but definitely no swinging for me. Luckily my periods only last 2-3 days anyway (gotta love birth control).

I find the clean up a bit gross, but hubby doesn't mind. We definitely always put a towel down and have one handy that I can wrap around my waist while I maneuver off of whatever surface we're on if necessary. That would be the only time of the month I would wish my natural lubrication would decrease a bit... Normally juices running down my leg(s) is no big deal, but during period week... Ew. Period sex is ALWAYS promptly followed by a shower.

Being pre-menopausal, and on birth control, my periods aren't nearly as bad now as they were. And, funnily enough, my husband suddenly doesn't mind "period sex." I find that I'm usually incredibly horny just before my period too. But using the cup has been fantastic! Wish I'd learned about it sooner!

I usually don't mind if he don't mind and for the most part my husband don't. Throw a towel down and get busy. I may want him to skip oral but other than that everything is as usual. And yes, usually a shower is the very next thing we do.

Eh, I usually don't feel like it, but it can help with cramps. Hubby is ok with it and even goes down if I want him to. With others, I may go out if we're already planning on it, but let people know I am a "giver instead of a receiver". If anyone would say they were ok with it, I probably would go for it. I too have tried the Instead Cup since I am not too heavy most times.

It's never bothered me, tho I'm not interested in getting another pair of Red Wings. A brown towel is required for the bed, or just do it in the shower so it all washes down the drain anyway. Seems to be a great way to relieve cramps (so I've been told, not having that problem myself).

All but two of the women I have been with were past the time for periods, but those two found that sex during that time was great for cramps, and I sure didn't mind doing what ever pleased them.

My wife used to not allow any sex during her period. These days she has warmed up to the idea, but it is still a 50/50 proposition, it just depends on her horniness level. Some months she will ravage me others she zero interest. She never allows me to give her oral during that time of the month. She also does not swing during her period.

From my perspective, I love it. I have no physiological information to confirm this, but it feels like her vagina is warmer during her period, which feels great. It may just be my imagination, regardless it feels great, even if it is all in my head. (no pun intended). It does take me longer to orgasm when she is on her period because she is HIGHLY lubricated so there is less friction.

Wow, I am surprised at how many still play while on their period. Although Mr. Sunbuckus and I used to have sex when I was on my period (this was when we were dating), it's not really the case anymore. Even though I am horny during that time, there's just too much gross factor for me. I would love, love, love to do away with my period though!

We have only had sex once while my wife was having her period. It was the only time I can remember that she was horny during her period and after some clit play she wanted it.

Other than that never, It's just to gross and she normally gets bad pms.

. . . What are your thoughts on sex during her/your period? Do you do it? Do you swing while on your period?
Not to my liking; a little voice in my head says "icky".

We did our courtship "on period" (20 years ago) -- both quite horny and anxious for good sex relations our second time around, so we'd just place a large (dark) bath towel under us, and go to it. One might liken it to "sloppy seconds", I just enjoyed the great connection; it never bothered me (or us), just added to the fluid-blend of our time together. Now, it's just a distant memory!

-D

Try a sea sponge tampon. They are available online and are reusable. A quick trip to the paint store for a NATURAL stippling sponge also works. Cut to size (you can often make 2 out of one sponge). Boil in water and peroxide for an hour (careful as this will shrink it) and then insert it. NOTHING gets through, no odor, and you can barely feel it. Wash in warm antibacterial soap and reuse. They last quite a while and we've been doin it for years.

I knew someone at one point who used the sponge contraceptive a few times. I don't remember why she chose that route, but she ended up only doing it a few times because the sponge apparently made it really dry. I'm not sure if that is a common occurrence or if it is rare, but I would worry about that when putting a sponge in there.

I knew someone at one point who used the sponge contraceptive a few times. I don't remember why she chose that route, but she ended up only doing it a few times because the sponge apparently made it really dry. I'm not sure if that is a common occurrence or if it is rare, but I would worry about that when putting a sponge in there.

We are talking two different things... What we use is not the contraceptive sponge, but rather a sea sponge. Never had any dryness issues with that ourselves.

I love period sex! Honestly I've never found it to be that messy, maybe just a little smear here and there but not like actual blood. My husband is the only guy I have met who was grossed out by it. the rest if my lovers have been fine. One actually LOVED it and went crazy for it. So for me, I'm fine with it if they are. Orally, I'm not into it but there was that one guy who would, and I didn't stop him.

I wouldn't really want to play with others at that time though...kinda personal.

We did play with a couple when the woman was on her period... We had initially planned to just meet for drinks and a get to know you time, but we all hit it off pretty well and ended up back in a hotel room hubby and I had gotten for the night (something we do on occasion just for fun). She and I ended up playing in the shower mostly - it was glass so the guys could watch, and we didn't have to worry about a mess. Other than that it was just hubby with us. Her hubby had some performance issues so he mostly sat the night out while she and I played and some fmf action went on. She was only comfortable with hands/toys because of her period, but it was a great night.

I had kind of forgotten about that... lol

The last time that I had sex with my girlfriend on her period, I went down on, then I fucked her. When we were done she said " my God it looks like a murder scene."

• Haha 1

On 5/15/2012 at 4:31 AM, JustAskJulie said:

What are your thoughts on sex during her/your period? Do you do it?

I use oral contraceptives in a way (skip the placebo pills) such that I don't get a period. There may be a day or two when Clair or Lora don't feel like having sex, but usually they are more horny during their periods, so they do it.

The guys?  You know how guys are, when pussy is offered, they take it.

On 5/15/2012 at 4:31 AM, JustAskJulie said:

I have a male friend who mentioned that he had no issue at all ... going down on her (so long as he cleans her up good first).

That's us we lick pussy regardless.  However, on non-period days, we women like sucking a spent dick, but not during a period when it's bloody. 

Edited by couplers