ga_cpl_frknit

Toilet Paper: Over or Under?

Does the toilet paper go over or under the roll??  

598 members have voted

1. 1. Does the toilet paper go over or under the roll??

• Duh!!! It goes OVER the roll.
    • Duh!!! It goes UNDER the roll.
    • What's it matter as long as the paper is there?
    • Just throw it on the back of the tank...no argument then.
    • Huh??? I thought toilet paper was made for decorating trees??

I don't feel that it actually matters. For one because I have my husband, our roommate, and my teenage son in the house. If I can actually go in the bathroom and find tissue in there I'm glad because men have a habit of using it all and not replacing the roll...not all men, but the ones in my house for sure :o

When I answered this poll I was reading out loud to Roger. I said 'I don't have a preference, but I think properly it goes over', he said 'Really? You ALWAYS put it 'under'!' I was shocked. After thinking about it for awhile I decided that it was probably because my twins, when toddlers, were always unrolling the tp. When I said that to Roger he said it was probably because it was something I could do as a teenager to piss my mom off! :lol: And I'm sure that probably had something to do with it!

I agree with a post earlier in this thread - hotels ALWAYS have the TP OVER (how else do you fold that cute little triangle) so I think that is proper. I personally don't care which way it goes. And now I've been told that I always put it on going UNDER!! :surrender I guess I could go either way! No pun intended!!

We do it under. Little ones tend to bat at it if it's over and too much comes off the roll. It's harder the other way for them to get too much.

Over is the easiest to get what you need and for the next persons ease, unless you have little ones (been through 5 of them) as stated above by bbcpl4cpl and the puppies of course, then you have to turn it under until they are old enough to leave it alone. :lol:

Under, always under!!!! Walk into the bathroom. Install the TP correctly, so that it unrolls along the wall. Now when your younguns decide to play with it, it just keeps rolling itself. When they pet it the other way, it ends up in a pile on the floor. Also, depending on the style holder that you have: If they decide to run with the end of it, it is more likely to break off when unrolling from underneath than over. As the parents of two very imaginative boys we learned this. It was also a very important thing to know when working in a restaurant where parents let the toddlers go to the bathroom alone.

I ran out of toilet paper, but there's still lots of coffee filters...

Thank goodness it's not the other way around! :lol:

Was a committed "under" person here, but when I moved into my present house, the roll holder was set so low in the wall that "under" was unreachable, so now it's "over."

See, swingers aren't just about sex, we're passionately interested in the important issues of the day!

OMG! This was the first big fight Amy and I had when we got married. I'm a man. Who gives a shit. As long as it is within arm's reach, what's the big deal? Boy was I wrong. I learned that day that I would never again win an argument.

But I'll tell y'all one damn thing. I'll go with the whole roll thing, but why should we have to put the seat back down? We have to lift it up. Surely it wouldn't kill you girls to put it down. You even have gravity working with you!!

:lol:

OMG! This was the first big fight Amy and I had when we got married. I'm a man. Who gives a shit. As long as it is within arm's reach, what's the big deal? Boy was I wrong. I learned that day that I would never again win an argument.

But I'll tell y'all one damn thing. I'll go with the whole roll thing, but why should we have to put the seat back down? We have to lift it up. Surely it wouldn't kill you girls to put it down. You even have gravity working with you!!

:lol:

I tend to agree with you on the seat issue. But personally I think everyone should just put the whole lid down when they are done. I started donig this just to keep the cats out of the toilet but now I've gotten so used to it that I can't stand to see the lid up.

Over, it's gotta be over! And, yes, I have to fight off the urge to change it if I see it any other way :)

Never had the problem.

Went to the woodshop and mounted a 1 1/4 inch dowel to a plaque at a slight angle.

Did a "modification" to the unattached end and after a coat of poly mounted it to the wall.

We had a few amused comments from guests.