Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Swingers Board Addict EternallySingle's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Single Male
    SLS Handle
    ABSingleMan

Default For single guys and Cpls who swing with them

My question is are most single men approached by couples they eventually swing with or do the single men approach the couples?
    "Style is not lusting after somone because they are cool. Style is loving yourself till everyone else does too."

Prince

Swingers Board Addict BiloxiCouple's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Couple with benefits and retired
    SLS Handle
    graceful

The place we regularly go to the the only way for a single to meet someone is for a couple to approach them. House rules.

Other places have different rules where the singles can roam more.

And in a "normal" place he may get more than he is wanting?
    There are fish in the water that haven't been caught yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    couple
    SLS Handle
    tblonde312

If we are at a social/club that allows single men and I happen to see someone who piques my interest, then we will approach them.

We have also been contacted by single men from ads that we have placed and if we like what they had to say, have met and played with them. As well as, contacting single men through ad sites.

So...either way works for us.

Teresa
    Ted and Teresa
    No lifetime is enough unless you live it in such a way as to make it enough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    couple

We usually approach a single male together. Although we have had single males approach us on a site and we have met with them. So I guess I would have to say either way is ok with us.

Swingers Board Addict
    Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    couple

We usually let them approach us then decide if we would like to met with them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Single Straight Male

I am a single guy and I always wait for a couple to approach me. There is such a negative stigma that surrounds the "single guy" that I don't want to me lumped into the kettle. Many couples have simply told me I would never be anything but a "lap dog" but I've had to grow a thick skin and I can understand some of their points of view. There are so many guys out there just wanting to get laid. And although it sounds like a line, I just really want to hang with other people of like minds. If something else comes of it, fine. If not, no biggie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Female
    SLS Handle
    swingersboard

Are you talking about the initial meeting (ie. who contacts who first via an ad or whatnot), meeting at a swing club, Or who initiates things once you are together?
    The Swinger Manual - all the info from the Swingers Board in one convenient book

Swingers Board Addict EternallySingle's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Single Male
    SLS Handle
    ABSingleMan

Originally posted by JustAskJulie
    Are you talking about the initial meeting (ie. who contacts who first via an ad or whatnot), meeting at a swing club, Or who initiates things once you are together?
    I'm talking about the initial meeting. My ex-girlfriend/swing partner and I would always contact singles first (men or women). I was wondering if other couples took the initiative now that swinging has moved to the internet or if they waited for single men to contact them.
    "Style is not lusting after somone because they are cool. Style is loving yourself till everyone else does too."

Prince

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Single Straight Male

My biggest issue is I don't want to be treated like "just another piece of meat". I have feelings too.
    Last edited by tbop; 12-17-2003 at 10:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Single male

I would prefer the couple approach me. I'd feel weird approaching them as a single guy. They know what they want and I believe its easier that way.
    " A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part". -R. Foxx

Swingers Board Addict Roxysbayou's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Married Female
    SLS Handle
    likethat

We would prefer to do the approaching, but I think that if the right single approached us, things wouldn't be out of the question. It has a lot to do with his or her actions. As long as there is respect, I am ok with them approaching us.

Roxy
    I put the "grrrr" in swinger baby, yeah!

--Austin Powers

Here to Stay
    Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Bi Couple

As noted by some of the other replies, "it depends"

If at a club, there may be "ground rules" that require single men to wait for couples or single women to make the first move. This is often because it's often observed that at times, especially on "singles nights" a feeding frenzy can sometimes develop otherwise. But some clubs may or may not have this rule, as depending on the crowd and quality of the regular guests, these courtesies don't need to be so closely policed.

Now, out in the "world" answering ads, etc.... we often wait for guys to contact us, as there is no shortage of their doing so

We could certainly go search for bi curious guys for our 3somes, and we have at times, but since most contact us via our AFF ad... there really isn't any need.

...and that's not just OK, it's great It saves us a lot of time.

As long as the contact is friendly, polite, then there's no problem.

al&denise

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    S. Male seeking Couples and S. Females for good times and possible LTR
    SLS Handle
    Perseus

Well, I guess this goes back to the "are you lucky' thread, but I got lucky. I meet the couple that I see in a off premise bar that I never had much luck in (any more luck then I have in regular clus meeting women). I was able to introduce myself as I had seen them on Yahoo and recognised them from thier profile. I walked up and said hi and explained how I knew them. Fortunately, I was lucky enough that the like me and we have been together ever since. I am working to meet more people, and I think that being bi may come in handy as I am seeing more and more couples that are accepting it and advertising it. Maybe puritan America is starting to turn the corner.

Now, single women, that's tougher.

Perseus

P.S I have been seeing them for 2 years and I love them to death (the l word is not bad in this context right?) Now, maybe I can talk them into a poly relationship.

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Single Male

Default Well...

So far I have only been approached. To date, I haven't had the nerve to approach a couple "that way". Now I've talked to couples that ultimately I didn't swing with. Was that an "approach"? I think I'm confused...

Now if I saw Roxy in a room, I would HAVE to approach her!

Oh, if only...
    To err is human... To REALLY foul things up takes a computer!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Single Male
    SLS Handle
    ATAK

I have been on both sides of this situation, I've been approached, as well as the approach-ee. In the case of me being the one who breaks the ice, I usually try to find some common thread of interest totally outside of a sexual reference to begin conversation. I've found that this usually doesn't produce the "defensive" reaction that a sexual comment would. It also gives you time to size up who they are, what they want, their likes and dislikes and you may find out before you actually get naked with them that you really may not want to get naked with them.

On the other hand, if I'm approached about swinging, I assume that the couple/person doing the asking is already interested to some degree and I'll answer any questions they have regarding sex or swinging immediately. It does not always lead to a romp in the bed, but then sex isn't the end-all to life now is it? What am I saying!!! Of Course It Is!!!! LOL :slam"
    If you love her, set her free...if she doesn't come back, she's probably with me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast