curiouscouple4f

What are your opinions on tattoos on playpartners?

What do you think about tattoos?  

355 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about tattoos?

• I'm a walking canvas!
    • Love em..
    • Accaptable, maybe have one or two small tats.
    • Like to look at others art.
    • Don't care for, natural bodies are best
    • Disgusted, how can people defile their bodies?

Guest bufferoo

I love tattoos in all forms. When they have meaning they are even better. I'm hoping get my "full suit" one day.

I think it all depends on how many and how big/small they are and of course where they are!! I have one on my upper arm so i can cover it with a short sleeved shirt if i need to, I like tattoo´s and i will get another one on the other arm but i wont go overboard as i find they can make you look like a Yobbo(gangster) if you have too many on your arms or neck/face...

Steve

I have two and both come with a story.

That's what I like about tattoos. The meaning and story. not a big fan of " I was away in *insert party town here* and I got this tat.

My first is when I got my red belt in karate. It was some encouragement to carry on. It is a pic of me in my Gi and holding my bo. I left the belt white and now that I have my black belt I am going to get the belt colored.

My second is of two fairies. One boy, one girl. My grandfather use to say I was blessed with fairies. Basically if you have a trouble maker of a child they usually have fairies for friends. It is the fairies not the child that is getting into mischief. So when I had my two children (yep on girl one boy) I got the fairies in memory of my Grandad and named them after my kids.

Your friend,

Prettylady :kissface:

I can't insert threads yet, but there is a thread out there that has a bunch of pics of peoples tattoos. Some really great ones to.

I have a colorful floral on my upper left arm (have to be able to cover for work) has a bunch of meaning for me and it covers some scars there, and a very special celtic cross under my hair line on the back of my neck. I love those that are thought out and have meaning, I agree I don't care for the "I got talked into this at a party, isn't my MOM tattoo neat"..... I saw the thread on the tattoos, but couldn't access the pictures for some reason...If anyone is in the Savannah area, I have a phenomonal tattoo artist here....

The Mrs.

I also have a couple that come with a story. I don't do "just pretty" or "just cool". The one on my back says "Angel of Music" in Kanji. (Cause thats what I think I am) The one on my hip is a piece of artwork I did myself once when I had my heartbroken. It basically means "Sometimes you make crappy decisions and you end up hurting, but if it was in your heart, that's all that matters".

I'm about to get a 3rd, but I'm having big problems deciding where to put it. I've been saying I'm getting it for MONTHS, but everytime I get nakey to take a shower I look at myself and go "hmmm...the two sexiest spots are already taken...pants-line on the back, and hip...where can I put one and still hide it from work? I'm thinking either on my back upper shoulder, or perhaps on my thigh, or maybe my other hip? I don't know...*sigh*

Anywho - I love them on playpartners too...if they're well done, they add to the sexiness. It's like "hey - this is something I think or something I love and it was important enought to put into artwork on my body".

I personally am not fussy for them, but a well done and well placed beautiful 1 i do appreciate. But from people i know who have them they are either cheesie or not well done, Thus my distaste for them. I have seen some nice ones but not on people i know. I would like tto maybe get one one day, but not today. And it would have to have great meaning for me to place it on my body.

Chantal

I've never seen a tattoo that made a person more attractive.

I find some tats interesting in themselves, but I have never found myself more attracted to someone because of their tattoo.

If a person has a tattoo it wouldn't deter me from playing with them. But tats aren't an aphrodisiac for me either.

LM

Earlier this year at a house party, I met a woman who was the female version of "the illustrated man". I don't mind tats one way or the other, but this lady really caught my eye .. not only because she was pretty, but she was all colour even with her clothes off. The only untouched parts of her were her wrists/hands and neck/head.

She was definately a turn-on.

Aside from the colour, touching her had the effect of an optical illusion. (I don't know how to say this) Touching various parts of her, I would've expected to feel fabric or something and not just smooth skin. I thought it was erotic as hell!

A lot is generally a turn off. But, then I am pretty open to it, having one myself and starting to think about my next one...

I really think it depends on the person. The woman who has done all of Mrs Spoo's piercing is tattoo'd, pierced, guaged and so on... And while in most instances that would be too much, for some reason this woman is absolutely intoxicating to me. Even her body size/shape is not what I am typically attracted to, but for some reason she is just really incredible. I think it is her sincere free spirit that does it. The tattoos may not be the typical "meaningful" tattoos - maybe they are - but they are bold and real and fully a part of who she is - not just a trendy fashion thing.

Like LM said, I don't think a tattoo has ever been the aphrodisiac, nor the turn off. I think people who have a lot of tats and can pull it off have tats that are not just "tags" or "labels". And they are more than a picture on the skin - they are an outward expression of something on the inside - a very sincere depiction of their inner truth...

Now - I do have a friend who went into a tattoo parlor and said, "I don't know... How about that one?" :rollseyes

He's a bit of an idiot...

Spoomonkey

Neither of us have any and we really aren't too uptight about them on others...except -

No tats on titties, don't ruin perfectly good titties with tattoos! :(

We don't mind playmates who have a tattoo here or there, but we usually avoid serious body art aficionados. Even as swingers, we're probably a little too square for those types, anyway!

I like them on play partners, especially the stories behind them. Jeff has on on his upper arm. I have 3 as well, and they are all in spots that can be covered.

I have a sunshine (formerly known as the "supernova" when I was pregnant) arond my belly button. I want to have it redone, it wasn't done well the first time, colors have faded, ect. I wanted it for a year and a half, because I liked the way it looked. Eh, I can be shallow now and again. ::P:

I have 3 chinese symbols on the back of my neck, they make an upside down triangle (2 on top 1 on the bottom): desire, love and respect (in that order). You can have all 3, but unless the respect is what grounds the other two (hence it making the foundation of the tattoo)...well, those things are important to me. Now, if you ask what they mean, I've been know to tell people it means "Go f*ck yourself" just to see the look on their face. :lol:

And the one I just got was more of a memorial tat, my grandmother died 2 years ago. She practically raised me and our birthdays are 3 days apart. I got a sacred heart with angel wings surrounded by clouds. The colors I picked were birthstone colors of important people to me: the blue of course for me and my grandma, the red for my son and my mother, green for my brother and sister (Jeff is green too, but he's not family....yet), purple for my daughter (it's like a radiance from behind the heart), and the white in the clouds/wings for my dad and ex-husband (not that I harbor anything for him, but without him I wouldn't have my children).

I would like another 1 or two...but do not want to be covered from head to toe in the things. And tattooing is an expensive habit to have....*lmao*

Maria :kissface:

I've never seen a tattoo that made a person more attractive.

I find some tats interesting in themselves, but I have never found myself more attracted to someone because of their tattoo.

If a person has a tattoo it wouldn't deter me from playing with them. But tats aren't an aphrodisiac for me either.

LM

That's exactly how I feel.

I've seen some very artistic tattoos, in some cases ink that would rival art in some museums, but I never saw a tattoo that I thought made someone sexier or more attractive.

A few of the women I've played with (swing AND vanilla) have had ankle tattoos, armbands, and hip or -- I guess the term would be -- "crotch" tattoos. And several have had lower back ink, or as one woman called it, a "tramp stamp." Those designs didn't deter me from playing, but I never thought a tattoo, no matter the quality, made a person sexier or more attractive. Ink can be part of the sexual environment, I guess, but tats don't add to the sexual ambiance, at least for me. :rolleyes:

I appreciate cultural reasons for tattoos, and creative and emotional reasons surrounding why other folks want to be inked, but they don't add anything to the look or experience for me.

I guess I can live with them, or live without them. Just for me, no hand or neck tats on women; I guess I'm too old-fashioned to handle that. But if you want to wear them that way, then go for it.

That's my (unusually? :D ) humble opinion,

Thrax

I'm surprised the Mr didn't reply to this one. He does not like them and would never get one. He likes the natural virgin skin. I on the other hand have 17 on various parts of my body (i.e. both arms, both legs, back, upper thighs). Some have special meanings (i.e. my daughter when she was born) and some are things I like (i.e. cartoon characters). One has been covered up and one needs covered up or lasered off. I don't regret getting mine but if I would do it over again, some I wouldn't have gotten or would have stopped at 2 or 3.

As for them on our play partners, I know he doesn't go out there specifically looking for people with them but I don't think he would care either as long as the tattoo was respectfully done and in a place where it wouldn't show when wearing clothes (i.e. arm). I personally wouldn't care if the people have them. If I didn't want the people to have them then I would be a hippocrite.

Mrs

For me, a good tattoo in the right area is a major visual turn-on. That might be part of the reason I am attracted to Rockabilly and Punk chicks. :lol:

Mr. WS

I don't find tattoos a turn on. Nor do I expect anyone to find my or the spouse's ink a turn on. I know that tats can be a turn off, for many, including myself, depending on the amount and the subject matter. It's all subjective, I suppose.

Some tattoos are truly a work of art, and I like to look at them, but they certainly aren't a must and they are definitely not a turn-on like other things.

If you take a beautiful woman and start drawing on her skin, you have succeeded in masking her beauty, not enhancing it.

I have a friend who has been a correctional officer now for about ten years. He once told me that prior to working in the prisons he was indifferent to tattoos. Now, he says, he has negative feelings towards them and the people who wear them because of the extremely high percentage of tattoos on prisoners. Some of them extreme.

I had a shirt once that I really liked, and then later I did not like it so much. I could choose not to wear it. Tattoos are for life. I would never get one and would be quite disappointed if my wife got one.

I love tattoos and my fiance appreciate them because he is an artist himself. Not a tatto artist, but artist in general. He won't get one on himself, but like I said, does like them on others.

As my member name states, I prefer the natural look, but I would be willing to look past a couple of small tats on a woman.

I'm interested in certain personality types, so if a couple's personality is great, I would not judge them by a former dicision that they made. This also brings up the fact that people with many tats seem to have a certain outlook or personality. I would not only dislike the tats, but I may not spending much leisure time with them.

This also brings up the fact that people with many tats seem to have a certain outlook or personality. I would not only dislike the tats, but I may not spending much leisure time with them.

Well, I don't know that they have an "outlook"....there is definitely a culture where tattoos are a part of that social class. However, that does not mean that those people are mean or rude or anything...Natural, I'm not insinuating that you mean this, I'm just saying. I was raised around bikers, and most people thought that they are rude. They are a tight knit lot but the greatest people I know. I love tattoos....especially ones with meaning. My no regret tat is me in a nutshell, and every time I see it it reminds me of this.

I for one, am fascinated by tattoos. And I (unless it's bad artwork) find 'em sexy. I have two of them myself, and would really like to get a third. That said, my honey is tat-free, and I'm just fine with that. :)

~Mrs. Sweet =)

ShellyM, I don't generalize that they are all rude, but I have noticed that many of them do not share "other" interest with me. If they have tats from many years past in which they lived a different lifestyle, that is a different story. I guess that it is not the fact that a person "has" a tatoo that makes their personality different from mines, but it is when they are really into them and highly impressed by them. I notice that those people generaly are not interested in the same things that I am.

I must admit though, the ribbon tat above Mrs. Manage's butt is very cute and sexy. While I still don't prefer them, that one looks sexy, and it is very likely that it suits her well. Oh, it is on another recent thread.

I for one, am fascinated by tattoos. And I (unless it's bad artwork) find 'em sexy. I have two of them myself, and would really like to get a third. That said, my honey is tat-free, and I'm just fine with that. :)

~Mrs. Sweet =)

Jay is the same Ms. Sweet. I don't think he will ever get one, just not his thing. That of course is cool with me. He doesn't tell me what to do with my body so I'm not about to tell him what to do with his. I'm getting my next one on my upper back, and that will pretty much be it for me. I don't want any on my arms, I only want them where you see them if I want you to see them.

Just wondering how/what the swinging world thinks of tattoos. Both my husband and I have them, and love them. What about U?
A few small ones are OK, especially if they have some special meaning to the person who has them. Anything more is a complete turn off for me.

We both feel the same way about piercings, BTW.

I only want them where you see them if I want you to see them.

I'm with you on this one, ShellyM. I have one on my belly and one on my back. I'm contemplating a third on my hip.

~Mrs. Sweet =)

A few small ones are OK, especially if they have some special meaning to the person who has them. Anything more is a complete turn off for me.

We both feel the same way about piercings, BTW.

I just got another one on my right arm (wish I could post a picture of it, I'm so proud of it), and contemplating one more piece. Surprisingly, I love tattoos, but find large, garish piercings a major turnoff.

The Mrs.

Although I would never get one myself (I hate needles) one or two on a lady is perfectly fine. In fact, I think they are very sexy when placed out of general site but I'm offered a peek:facelick:, now that is a turn on. I also like a nice "ass hat" tattoo or a small one on the top of the breast.

My wife doesn't want one and I'm cool with that. I like natural too.

I don't like the "jailhouse" tatts or lots of cheesy ones. I think that would be a major turnoff.

Being of artistic nature, and self-proclaimed doodler I never found a tattoo that had me say - WOW!! I must have that on my arm, chest, ass. And the thought of getting something I would regret looking at for the rest of my life has always swayed me from the idea. But certain people can pull it off and I say, "Hey go for it."

What I can't stand are the trendy tattoos or the outright ridiculous. I was a contractor on a remodel job and had hired a carpet company to install some carpet for a large petrochemical office. One evening I was speaking with the woman in charge of installation and such, and one of the workers approached us for something. He was in his mid fifties and the woman which was my boss noticed his tattoo which protruded from under his cap. With that he removes his cap with total pride for a closer look. To my horror it was a naked woman layed out on the hood of a Rolls Royce. Spread eagle with licenses plate 666. And how do I say her vulva was enhanced in pink shades. I will never forget the woman in the suits face and all she could muster was "That's nice". I was totally humiliated.

If you have a Chinese or foreign tattoo, I expect you to speak the language fluently.

Remember the tribal bands men were getting around their biceps in the late nineties early 00. Once the gym membership expired, after trading the stretch shirts for Haggar button up's, you don't see many sporting them anymore.

another fading trend is the cutesy butterfly, Orbs ,Vines or what have you just above a womans backside. Well mother nature can be cruel, we are not promised youth forever and that beautiful dragonfly will resemble a 747 going down in flames one day. And I would prefer not being the one watching the disater unfold while I have you in doggie years down the lline.Besides who wants to hear "Grandma your back is bleeding".

Just my 2 cents, but i have to admit i also seen some major hot ones....for now.

Personally, I've never understood why people would pay good money and endure pain to put mediocre or worse art on their bodies permanently. Unless, of course, they're Marines, bikers, or Yakuza. I understand that there's supposed to be something sexy about them, but whatever it is, it's lost on me.

My wife and I dont have any, but I have been wanting to get one for many years. She has told me many times it is fine to do so, but I still have second thoughts, now nedelphobic after my last surgery and long rehab after getting a massive infection that took 6 months of antibiotics to finally get over. MRSA, not a nice bug.

Tattoos interest me only in that they signal the owners sexuality to an extent.... they are a signal to me that the person actually "feels" sexier and are usually more of a exhibitionist. They like showing their tats.... which represent their feelings, beliefs and desires. Too many tats are like too much of anything..... too much!

I have never been a big fan., as a boy most of the men in my family had them, mostly because they were in the service. I saw what happens to them after the sun fades them and age. It is not a dealbreaker I would never look down on anyone that likes them just not for me.

I love tattoos, but only ones with a meaning. I usually don't like tribals or tramp stamps, merely because they are usually done to look "cool" and don't have a meaning. That is not to say that ALL tramp stamps and tribals are meaningless, I'm just saying in general. I'm also not a big fan of chest pieces on women.

But, honestly, this is probably showing my younger age, but I love scruffy guys with full sleeves. I don't usually go for piercings on men unless they really look good. On women I prefer piercings over tattoos. I don't know why.

We both have tats. I feel like people with tattoos are sure of themselves and know what they want. U are free to do what u want. A positive thing in swinging. Isnt that what America stands for freedom to 'swing' or get tats?

I voted for "Don't care for, natural bodies are best". I don't mind if a play partner has a tattoo. I just prefer a "clean canvas" :) It's kind of like going to a free keg party and instead of having Budweiser they have Miller. Am I going to bitch? Hell no!