Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Back To Top | #1

Default Singles, if you had to choose a Relationship or Swinging, which would you choose?

If you had to choose between having a long term relationship with one person of the opposite sex or being involved in a swinging relationship with a couple, which would you prefer?

This of course all things are equal and you could have one just as easily as the other.
    The Swinger Manual - all the info from the Swingers Board in one convenient book

2. Back To Top | #2

I would definately prefer to have a long term realtionship. I cannot imagine how it would be like to be single forever, not having this strong bond with someone.
    Today love eachother more than yesterday but less than tomorrow

3. Back To Top | #3

My choice: A long term relationship with one person of the opposite sex.

I am fortunate to have had this for nearly 30 years.

Mrs. LM

4. Back To Top | #4

I passed up a guaranteed sex session with a couple my brother used to party with in order to see a woman who said she was going to help chaperone a party. The woman who hosted the party said she showed up about five minutes after I left (she lived a couple of blocks from the center where the party was held...hmmmm) but I am only disappointed that she didn't show up, not that I passed up a night of wild sex with people who, in the end, were going to tell me to go home.

So, relationship:1 swinging:0
    "Style is not lusting after somone because they are cool. Style is loving yourself till everyone else does too."

Prince

5. Back To Top | #5
    Purveyors of Perviness ionsawmill's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Status
    He's Bisexual She's still thinking about it. They are happily married!
    SLS Handle
    ionsawmill

Default Both at once. Long term with a couple.

If I was single, and I met a couple I was attracted too, I would consider a long-term polyamorous relationship.
    IonSawmill@Yahoo.com
    He is "Tainted Homily" - She is "Deal Earner"

6. Back To Top | #6

LTR with the opposite sex for me. I'm not sure I have a reason.. just a gut feeling that this is what would work best for me.

7. Back To Top | #7

Default She says...

Long term relationship with opposite sex for me. I love women, but sometimes... you just "need" a man. lol

8. Back To Top | #8

relationship will always win over swinging for me/us

b

9. Back To Top | #9

I'm single, but would definitely vote for a relationship over swinging. A relationship has substance. Or should. Swinging is just for fun. I think.

RedRobin

10. Back To Top | #10

Default We agree

We agree with most of the post here

Swinging is for fun......Relationships are for life

11. Back To Top | #11

Default Re: Singles, if you had to choose a Relationship or Swinging, which would you choose?

it would depend on the people involved... i'd go for the poly type too... hell some times i'd love to be single and just swinging... and sometimes i like being married and swinging together. so depends on the people and the mood i'm in. heheheheh

12. Back To Top | #12

Default Re: Singles, if you had to choose a Relationship or Swinging, which would you choose?

It's hard to turn down swinging as a single BUT I think I'd pick the long term relationship being that I haven't had one in over a year now.

It'd be GREAT if I met someone interested in a long term thing that A.)wanted to try swinging B.) wasn't opposed to MM or FF activity during swinging
    " A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part". -R. Foxx

13. Back To Top | #13

We both are very much the long term relationship types.

We’ve been married 34 and 28 years respectively, with six of those being to each other. I was pretty active in the lifestyle prior to becoming single, once single, I surprised myself by not being attracted to the lifestyle any longer. Also the attraction of the gentleman’s clubs lost their appeal. The discovery that window shopping was no longer enjoyable if there wasn’t someone to go home with/to was equally enlightening. Those clubs were an exercise in frustration rather than entertainment.

Nice thread, Julie.

14. Back To Top | #14

Cant really say one or the other. Would depend on the one guy/girl, and how emotionally invested the couple and i were with each other.

I'd likely lean towards the swinging though, unless I really felt something amazing for the guy and he could fulfill my other sexual needs. what can i say, im a demanding sex partner...I'm strongly bisexual with a general preference for women, im into bdsm, have a high sex drive, and like swinging. Can make it hard to find a good match, lol.

15. Back To Top | #15

Without a doubt, I would choose the LTR, not even a second thought.

16. Back To Top | #16

LTR would always come first for me but hopefully swinging would be part of that relationship but I had to choose one or the other it would be the LTR.

17. Back To Top | #17

For me, right now swinging is what I want. I do know that in time I will want a LTR with the right man. It's just not what I am looking for now. I've had two LTR back to back (didn't plan that, it just happened) and I'm not emotionally ready to make that type of commitment any time soon.

Now if I were to meet Mr. Right as opposed to Mr. Right-Now and he was open to swinging...Maybe I could have both. Given the choice in the future I would probably choose LTR over swinging, just not now.

18. Back To Top | #18

I'd rather have the relationship than the swinging. As much as I enjoy it - if I had to choose only one or the other... I'd rather be bonded to one "life-partner" and have lots of friends (who I don't have sex with) ...than to have lots of friends (who I do have sex with) and no body to really share my life & love with.
    Have some... you'll want some more an hour later

19. Back To Top | #19

Six months of hot swinging and 6 months of a great relationship. Have this continue indefinitely. LOL!

20. Back To Top | #20

The LTR, hands down. A relationship is like a beautiful cake, and swinging is just the icing.

21. Back To Top | #21

Cool Re: Singles, if you had to choose a Relationship or Swinging, which would you choose?

Quote Originally Posted by JustAskJulie View Post
    If you had to choose between having a long term relationship with one person of the opposite sex or being involved in a swinging relationship with a couple, which would you prefer?

This of course all things are equal and you could have one just as easily as the other.
    Long term relationship...I stopped playing for a year when I met my previous gf.

Swinging is fun and exciting, being in a meaningfull relationship is great and takes president over swinging, at least for me.

22. Back To Top | #22

I don't want to have to choose. Swinging, right now, is the right thing for me. I haven't met anybody in a very, very long time where there is equal ground for a significant LTR.

If I were to enter into a serious LTR, I'm fairly certain swinging in some form or another would need to be a part of it. I'm not willing to compromise the person I am for the sake of being "with" someone. I'd rather be solitary. (I'm pretty good company, so fortunately, this is not a problem.)
    ~Dynamar

23. Back To Top | #23

I would have to go with the LTR as well. Swinging is fun no doubt but I would like to have that someone to share it with. I just got out of a LTR that included swinging and now am facing the single male rejection syndrome and trying to meet friends not previously involved with the both of us. It is a little challenging.

24. Back To Top | #24

I would have to say long term relationship. I got into swinging because one of my friends, I learned after I got the divorced, told me about it. If the divorce didn't happen, then I would of never even approached swinging. It is just a fun thing for now, and if I don't like it I know I can leave at any time and no one is the worst for it. What I am finding is that the couples are much more mature in their attitude toward sex, having fun and talking, than some of the single females I have been on dates with. It doesn't have to lead to sex either, just good company with secure people. This is not to single out single women either. It is just what I have found from being involved in this.
    here in the midwest

25. Back To Top | #25

Cool Re: Singles, if you had to choose a Relationship or Swinging, which would you choose?

Quote Originally Posted by midwestmale View Post
    I would have to say long term relationship. I got into swinging because one of my friends, I learned after I got the divorced, told me about it. If the divorce didn't happen, then I would of never even approached swinging. It is just a fun thing for now, and if I don't like it I know I can leave at any time and no one is the worst for it. What I am finding is that the couples are much more mature in their attitude toward sex, having fun and talking, than some of the single females I have been on dates with. It doesn't have to lead to sex either, just good company with secure people. This is not to single out single women either. It is just what I have found from being involved in this.
    here in the midwest
    Well said, I agree. I fell into swinging when a friend from college wanted me to play with his wife "MFM". It has been a lot of fun, a great experience, it has really openned my eyes and mind. 7 years later and we are still playing . I intended to "play" as long as I am enjoying myself, if I meet a single female that is into swinging and wants a LTR with me great, I also have no problem with a LTR w/o swinging.

I have respect for couples that swing, they are very secure with thier sexuality and relationship/marriage.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast