Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. Back To Top | #1

    Default To swing or not to swing?

    I figured this would be the best place to ask my questions since it seems you guys have some experience.

    My husband of 7 years has been trying to get me to have a threesome or group sex with him. It started off years ago just joking around but we have seriously been talking about it lately.

    I have some issues that I feel I would need to work through first. I really dont like the idea of him with another woman even if Im there. To me it seems like cheating with permission. Ive tried to explain my view point to him but I dont think he understands it. For me it seems that I am not enough for him or that Im doing something wrong in the bedroom, he says this is not the case its just something he would like to experience and he figures that we've been together long enough that he could bring it up.

    Now here are my questions, Do we keep talking about it? Do I comprimise myself to make him happy? If I am not willing to do this do I just say no, and become a hypocrite if one day it happens? (explaniation: I am very open to it spontaneously happening but that time may never come)

    If I say no, where does that leave us? Do I tell him to go and find someone who will do this with him and make him happy? I have two children with him and love him very much but Im not sure what to do now. Also Im a jealous person and it almost hurts that he wants to share me with others, he says he doesnt see it that way, I should be honored because its so good he wants to share it with others.

    ugg....... sorry this was long, any answers are appreciated.
    thanks.

  2. Back To Top | #2

    Default re: To swing or not to swing?

    Tell him you are not interested at this point in your life for all the reasons you stated. You will let him know when and if things changes. This is not somthing you should do for him if you are not ready. Group sex, swinging and the lifestyle can and is a wonderful thing for those that can seperate sex from love and don't have jealous issues. But its not right for everyone one and timing is important. Married 7 years is not that long, with two children at home this may not be the right time for you. Tell him you are always willing to talk and maybe even a little rool playing in bed might be fun but now is not the right time for you you are not saying never just not now and that you will keep an open mind to the future.

    We were married 18 years when we started swinging been at this for 6+ years now so you can do the math. The kids were old enough that they wanted lifes of there own (Teenagers only want to be seen with there parents when it comes time to pay at the mall, the rest of the time they want there friends to thinks they do not have parents).

    Good luck

    Steve & Terri

  3. Back To Top | #3

    Default re: To swing or not to swing?

    Hmmm...have you TOLD him all of this? He shouldn't ever "force" or coerce you into swinging. It should be something you want to do for yourself. There are great benefits...you will learn more about yourself and your sexuality than you would probably ever learn non-swinging. There are also downfalls...what about a situation that you guys haven't discussed? What if you end up being so emotionally distraught afterwards that the marriage suffers?

    Did you ask him HOW he wants to swing? Does he want to just see you with another female and maybe "help" a little? Or does he want 2 women, both of whom he has intercourse with? Because that can make a difference too. And the fact that he has said it's something he'd like to experience and you've been together "long enough" means he just trusted you with his feelings, and rather than going out and finding 2 single women, he wanted you involved...he wanted to do this as a couple.

    Spontaneous happenings can be A LOT of fun (trust me...I know)...but it also causes A LOT of wondering. You wake up in the morning and go "Well...am I the first one to start this conversation or should he?"

    It sounds like you are atleast MILDLY interested...I would definately say talk about it more. Set up "rules and guidelines" for the day when IF you are read to proceed, this IS how it will happen. For example...he can touch the other woman, but sex is just for you. Jealousy is an important emotion...in moderation...it can help you weed out problems before they happen. And I'm sure that everyone on this board has at some point experienced jealousy...whether in swinging or not.

    Tell him no for now...tell him you're not ready at this point. Explain to him why and tell him that (if you really are a little interested) that it will be open for discussion in the future.

  4. Back To Top | #4

    Default re: To swing or not to swing?

    It personally does not sound to me like this is something you are interested in doing, especially by saying that you are having to be convinced to do it. This is NOT something that you can do to please your boyfriend, but has to be something you are okay with on your own. Don't do it, I think you would end up feeling devastated.
    Merry Christmas and a Ho Ho Ho
    Shelly

  5. Back To Top | #5

    Default re: To swing or not to swing?

    Hi,

    First and foremost, I'm glad you guys are able to talk about this, even though you may not be on the same page. Communication is *imperative* when talking about swinging (and anything, for that matter ).

    To answer your concerns:

    I don't think men want other women because they're partner is failing them in some way .. I understand your feeling of "what am I not fulfilling for him if he wants something else?" What I finally understand is, men (and women) like variety. And because men seem to be able to seperate feelings and sex more easily than women do sometimes, sex with another woman is just sex. A crude analogy is having your favorite pair of jeans you wear all the time, but once in a while just want to wear something else. I know you're probably thinking "I can't BELIEVE she's comparing me to a nice worn pair of jeans," and I'm not. Just an analogy.

    You are smart in knowing your own feelings, and knowing that jealousy may be an issue. That's a GREAT thing that you know that about yourself. If you decide you want to venture down this road, you know that there is no room for jealousy, so you will have to come to terms with that. I know I did. And what's amazing is how unjealous I actually feel in a play session. I love to see him pleasured; I love to see him pleasure another woman (he's good!). And ... I know that what we have is such a wonderful thing, at such a deeper level, that our playmates will never touch that part of our relationship. Believe it or not, we actually feel CLOSER and more in love with each other everytime we've played. Sounds like an oxymoron, doesn't it? But it's true.

    Keep talking. I'm sure your husband will respect your feelings and be willing to talk about all the aspects that bother you. And you need to be honest with him about what all the issues are so he can better communicate with you as well (that whole mars/venus thing). And although you've said "no" now, you're always welcome to change your mind in the future .

    Good luck!!

  6. Back To Top | #6

    Default re: To swing or not to swing?

    Quote Originally Posted by mystressgaia
    For me it seems that I am not enough for him or that Im doing something wrong in the bedroom, he says this is not the case its just something he would like to experience and he figures that we've been together long enough that he could bring it up.
    I think you need to hear his answer. People who swing (at least not those who are well-adjusted, happy swingers) aren't looking for someone to replace their spouse or be better in bed. In fact, most people here had fabulous, hot sex lives before swinging, and would probably say it's only gotten better since.

    Now here are my questions, Do we keep talking about it?
    If you still want to talk about it, by all means, YES. Talk about it often if you like. He needs to understand where you're coming from and you need to understand where he's coming from.

    Do I comprimise myself to make him happy?
    Hell no. If you do anything that you're uncomfortable with or don't want to do, it will only breed resentment and eventually that resentment will boil over. If you don't want to swing...don't swing.

    If I am not willing to do this do I just say no, and become a hypocrite if one day it happens? (explaniation: I am very open to it spontaneously happening but that time may never come)
    Here's where I'm confused. I think you need to articulate to him why you would be open to it spontaneously happening, but not something planned. Personally, I think having not talked about boundaries--like what is or is not ok, or how you both feel, would be far riskier to your feelings and overall marriage than continuing to talk about it. As a couple, we wouldn't want to play with you, because it's situations like these that end up with people yelling at each other across the bed and completely killing the mood, just because they aren't on the same page.
    If I say no, where does that leave us? Do I tell him to go and find someone who will do this with him and make him happy? I have two children with him and love him very much but Im not sure what to do now. Also Im a jealous person and it almost hurts that he wants to share me with others, he says he doesnt see it that way, I should be honored because its so good he wants to share it with others.
    Only you know where it leaves you as a couple. I'm surprised that you're considering telling him to leave because he brought up the idea of swinging. Swing, or don't swing, but certainly don't boil down your marriage to sex. I'm sure that you share so much more than that--goals, children, history, etc. that no matter whether you decide to do about swinging, your marriage should still be as viable as it was before it was brought up.

    Pepper
    "Swinging is a lot like riding a Harley, ...for those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don't, no explanation is possible." --Mr. Alura

  7. Back To Top | #7

    Default re: To swing or not to swing?

    It seems to me like although you don't feel you can do it, you're at least not running away screaming, so you are at least open to the conversation. This is good in all circumstances in a relationship, not just swinging. If either party can't talk about their fantasies than I feel there is some deep issues in the relationship that will someday rear their ugly head.

    It comes down to this, though. If you don't want to do it, than don't. It's not for everybody. It's great that you recognize your issues with it and openly, and not judgementally, express them.

    I find it interesting you mention that if the situation ever just spontaneously happened you'd probably be up for it. Why then? Does such an event relieve you of the same responsibility and maybe the guilt you think you may feel if you actually planned it? Just a question to make you go "hmmmm..."

    You should never do it just to please your spouse though. This goes for anything, not just swinging. That is just opening the door for resenting them in the future.

    I would say that from your post it seems you have issues with it, but somehow, someway the idea is still intriguing, that you cool the idea of it happening right now and just maybe talk about it, fantasize together about it. Just make some fun out of the "what if" of it. That alone may be what he needs right now.

    How important is it to your husband that you swing? Is it worth the relationship? I wouldn't think so. If it is than there are other issues at work here besides just wanting to swing.

    As far as him wanting you to have fun? This is a concept that non-swingers sometimes have a hard time wrapping their minds around. Yes, I really like seeing Mrs. WS having a good time. For me, that is as big a turn-on as the idea of having sex with someone else myself. Her being "naughty" turns me on. Me being "naughty" turns her on. In turn it works for both of us. To some it seems strange, to us it seems natural.

    So he is not trying to whore you out or anything like that. Truly, the idea of you having sex with another man may really be a turn-on for him. Nothing more, nothing less.

    Mr. WS
    "Sex is something you do, sexuality is something you are." ~ Anna Freud
    Blog: Bigger Love

  8. Back To Top | #8

    Default re: To swing or not to swing?

    M.Gaia, you sound just like me a few years ago. I swear, I felt exactly the same way you do, and now look at me. I'm probably one of the lifestyle's biggest cheerleaders! When my husband brought up the idea of swinging, I was hurt and deeply offended...even though it intrigued me on some level. But I just couldn't understand why on earth he would feel compelled to give away the one thing I thought was most precious and sacred between us. I have since come to understand that dicks and pussies are just body parts and, as such, are not worthy of being the placeholder of a sacred bond between a man and a woman. The only thing that is worthy is The Gift, which is what we give to one another in love's name. My Gift to my husband was myself. All of me, in all of my unimpressive glory, and my absolute trust in that surrender. Part of this gift is to not ask anything of him as a condition of my being there. All I ask is that he appreciates the magnitude of what he is being given, and the responsibility he bears in that. I trust that he will not use this power I have given him to hurt me.

    So when I say that we do not ask anything of one another, I mean just that. I do not demand that he remain monogamous just to soothe my ego. This, I feel, would limit him, and my job as his spouse is to enhance and enrich his life. To encourage him to live his life to its fullest potential. If I did nothing to come to terms with my insecurities, I would not be doing my job.

    I, too, felt very insecure with the idea of him touching another woman. My imagination ran wild with all the thoughts I figured he and the other woman would be thinking, secret alliances between them that I was not privy to, private jokes that I didn't get, malicious or resentful thoughts towards me, or worries of abandonnment. I had nightmarish fantasies that once he had a taste of this other woman, he would either forget all about me, or wish I was no longer in his life...or wish me dead. I imagined the other woman bad-mouthing me, and - instead of defending my honour - he would fully agree with her.

    I tortured myself mercilessly with these thoughts, and drove myself to tears. Swinging is like looking into a magnifying mirror: it reflects back to you an amplified version of what it sees. In swinging you are your own worst enemy! Truly. It fixes nothing; it only amplifies what is already there. If it is good, then the good is amplified, but if it is bad... Yet you hear so often that it was swinging that caused the problem. Bullshit. The problem was there to begin with; swinging just revealed it. And because it forced the couple to resolve the problem (they couldn't stuff those demons back into Pandora's Box), they gave up and blamed the failure on swinging. Easy enough to do, I suppose.

    The fastest and easiest way to resolve these fears is to talk to your husband. Sit down and say the things you have always been afraid to admit. It sounds difficult, but it's just a matter of deciding that fear has nothing to do with this discussion, and you WILL say what is undeniably true. Just stick to the absolute truth, be clear and concise, and get it out there in the open. Both of you should decide before you begin this discussion that you will not allow emotion to interfere with what you are saying. You are talking about the framework and foundation of your marriage here. Emotion has its place, but it should not be allowed to persuade you to make decisions that are ultimately bad for you and your marriage. Because left to its own devices the heart will tell you all sorts of foolish things, like to not speak about something that makes you uncomfortable, or to have an affair behind your partner's back because you are afraid to be honest and you "need" to satisfy some curiosity, or to continue a relationship that does not and will never improve the lives of the people in it.

    We don't sound much like romantics, do we? Well, we are and we aren't. We believe in true love that lives forever, and outlasts death. We believe in the absolute purity of love, and we believe that it exists and is not a fairy tale. This is because many of us have actually experienced it. We just don't feel that we need to shut out reality to believe it or experience it. If we need to shut out reality, then it means it's not the real thing. We rank that "prince-&-princess-happily-ever-after" crap up there with the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy. True love does not resemble fairy tales.

    True love is unconditional friendship. True love is loving someone enough to let them go. True love is the forgetting of one's self for the sake of someone else.

    Now that said, it still is each person's responsibility to not compromise their heart-felt beliefs for the sake of someone else. That's an offense before God, and is not negotiable (AKA "sin"). For example, a person should not do something (like swinging) that would make him or her feel degraded or dirty or worth less as a person. It's a damned fine line there, but it exists. And you know when you've crossed it by the conspicuous lack of peace about your decision. If you are not at peace with your decisions, you're on the wrong side of the fine line.

    Man, I'm long-winded. I would suggest that you do some serious thinking about what it is that you feel specifically (don't just label it "jealousy" and leave it at that...use specific labels like anger, fear, nervousness, loneliness, anticipation, etc.) and do your best to draw a few conclusions. Be your own shrink. Then take these findings to your husband and share what you've found with him. Ask him to clarify for you whether or not your fears are justified and to explain exactly why or why not. You need to know exactly where you stand with one another. Please believe me, your husband is trying to reach out to you with this offer. He is not asking something of you; he is offering you a gift. There is no catch. He is giving you back your sexuality. You gave it to him when you got married as a gift, but like giving someone a coat that is tailor made for you, it's only a token because he can't actually wear it himself. Only YOU can make the most of your sexuality so he's giving it back to you...although he fully appreciates the gesture. It's like being an accomplished pianist and composer and giving your husband your piano...but he can't play a note. So instead, he's giving you back the piano, and suggesting that you play him a song instead, since no one makes that piano sing like you do.

    Another analogy would be your husband owning a Porsche and you're both driving down the road, and he's faced with a HUGE long stretch of empty blacktop, TONS of horsepower under the hood, and a wife who is asking him to please obey the speed limit. Now, because he loves you, he will do as you ask. But imagine giving him a mischeivous grin and telling him to floor it...
    Fear is a symptom of ignorance. Knowledge is the cure.

  9. Back To Top | #9

    Default re: To swing or not to swing?

    Quote Originally Posted by havefuninsun
    A crude analogy is having your favorite pair of jeans you wear all the time, but once in a while just want to wear something else. I know you're probably thinking "I can't BELIEVE she's comparing me to a nice worn pair of jeans," and I'm not. Just an analogy.
    A damn good analogy, actually! I've never heard this one before and I think it's great!


    But back to the point - I'd say keep talking. Communication is so very important. Don't rule it out for the future, keep talking about it, do some role playing in bed, and keep the communication going. But DO NOT participate until you are (both of you) comfortable with the situation!

    Good luck!

  10. Back To Top | #10

    Default re: To swing or not to swing?

    I don't think you should swing until you both want to.

    Keep in mind that swinging is not for everyone. I don't share your view that it's cheating with permission. To me it's something my spouse and I are doing together.

    But if she had said what you said in your post, we wouldn't be moving forward.

    There is nothing that prevents you two from talking about it more with each other. And nothing to say you might not warm up to the idea eventually as well. So let time be on your side and talk it over, perhaps go back and focus on your marriage some more and come back to the topic at a later date.

    It's been two years since I first mentioned this to my wife. And I didn't bring it up a second time until about a year ago. Time benefited us and no matter what your conclusion is, I'm sure it'll be good to you as well. At least thats my honest opinion.

    Mr. Truelove
    The most fun I can never tell anyone about!

  11. Back To Top | #11

    Default re: To swing or not to swing?

    I believe you got a lot of good answers here.

    I won't advice to swing or not to do it. It's up to you, it is your right to choose what to do, but certainly if you choose to do it, it have to be after doing a lot of work, which means: think a lot, talk a lot.

    In any case, I'd dare to advice you to engage in doing this work, WITHOUT correlating it with the "to swing or not to swing" question, but because, IMO, you're stuck with a lot of issues that 1) are affecting you, and 2) are affecting your marriage.

    It calls my attention a couple of things from what you said.

    It seems for you everithing is black or white, there are no gray shades in between. You trend to think "if he have sex with another women, then NECESARILY he doesn't love me and I am not enough for him".

    This leads to another ringing bell: it seems to me you undersestimate yourself. You're doing it alone, without anyone else's help, not even your husband, but when your husband asked you this, he fit in the right place as for you to listen YOUR OWN words isnthead of his words. Why wouldn't him appreciate the relationship you developed during 7 years, all the common history, as to valuate you as a person and his wife, and keep chosing you over any other woman he could have sex with? Do you feel yourself as merely a set of holes devised to relieve his sexual urges, so if this set of holes were not proficient enough for the task, it would be so easy for him to discard you and pick a new (better) set of holes? You don't seem to give yourself credit, nor give your husband credit, nor give your relationship credit, and this seems to be a serious problem here.

    Again, this leads to another thing, because so far it seems I am blaming on you for all of this, but I wonder, if your husband is so centered and balanced as he seems to portrait himself... why he didn't noticed all of this, of if he noticed this, why he wouldn't be bringing the subject? In any case, if I were in his shoes, I would be trying to work on the "credits" issues, even before bringing the swinging subject.

    For you, this could resemble the Greek's tragedy structure, where you'd be telling a prophecy about the tragedy (you, loosing your husband because you're "not enough" for him), and everyone's acts ends up leading to the prophecy fullfillment no matter what they choose to do, how well intended they are, nor how harder people want to avoid it from being fulfilled. So, back to you (since you're the one who posted), I believe the lack of credit is what lead you to make this prophesy. For some issues, it is the prophecy we forge what ultimattely matters, and it'd be a matter of changing your prophesy for a better one. Forget the swinging stuff here. If you were able to give yourself, your husband, and your marriage more credit, it'd be enough to save it. And back to the swinging stuff, it'd be enough to be able to swing without risking to tear appart your marriage, and, even more important, to enable you to refuse to swing without risking your marriage.

    When people ask why we swing, I like to say "because we can". It isn't "because we need to" (which means "because we cannot not swing"). If we can't, we wouldn't swing, and still we'd have the excellent marriage we have. It seems to me that you feel your husband is asking you to swing "because he needs it" to save your marriage. I'd need to read his own words as to endorse this thought, so far, I only have your word, and your lack of self confidence easily would make you jump to conclude he's asking you this because of a need for something better.

    My point is, if you don't trust you two already have something "good enough", this would easily undermine your marriage roots. If your husband didn't realize of this problem, he's collaborating in undermining your marriage roots (and as an aside, it¡s probable that you were right about something, because he wouldn't have the wood for swinging as well).

    So, the issue here isn't about swinging or not, it's about your marriage survival, no matter what you choose to do about swinging. Marriage is like tango, you need two people to dance tango, and the two of you are required to work on your issues. If you don't, I am afraid it is very likely that your prophecy will be fulfilled.

    Looking for counseling would be wise.

  12. Back To Top | #12

    Default re: To swing or not to swing?

    My wife and I are not in the lifestyle. I guess…I have to say we flirt with the lifestyle. And I don’t mean that to be we tease another couple and then don’t engage in sex with them. What I mean is that we are both very curious and we want to know more before we take that plunge.

    We started visiting clothing optional beaches, moved on to resorts (we’ve been to Hedonism II a couple of times and just returned from Desire in Cancun), and we have visited lifestyle clubs near our hometown. While at these destinations we always tell those with whom we strike up conversations that we don’t yet swing…just dipping our toes in the water until we’re more comfortable. As of yet, no one we have spoken to was either rude or tried to push us into something. (Some, but not all, of the single guys have made us uncomfortable, usually a more stern “excuse us” gets the point across) The couples are very friendly, talk about what interests they have in swinging, and the kids and dogs.

    I believe my wife would never have considered many of the things we have done thus far without me sharing fantasies with her and encouraging her to do the same with me. We have been together 5 years and married for over 1. Both have been around that horn before and we each have grown children and grandchildren. She was raised in a somewhat closed minded Christian family and the previous marriage did not include any experimentation in more “out there” sexual activity. None of which is right or wrong it is just the way many people are raised. From what I observe it may also be the reason why many swingers and other more liberal sexual minded people take some precautions to keep their activities private and within their peer group. Least we labeled sexually deviant by a large part of our society.

    So my point…if I really had one…is if you have any interest in swinging or the lifestyle or whatever moniker you wish ascribe to any interest by one or both members of a relationship to step into nonmonogamous sexual activity, you must first address in each others heads what you really want, why, and what in your past either encourages or discourages those feelings. Both partners must be patient with each other, fair, and above all totally honest. We think that is what encouraged our open communication without any fear of the other partner getting upset or thinking you’re some kind of sex freak. Our only rule is, no one does anything without the other’s approval and NO is OK.

    With that simple rule we have exposed ourselves in public, watched others engage in many forms of sexual activity in just about every possible combination or permutation, and engaged in sex ourselves in view of others. We freely admire and discuss with each other our observations of other people and couples. “She has a nice rack.” “His ass looks good.” “I like the way she trims her pussy.” “I’d suck his cock.” “Those guys were a nice couple.”

    One day I may watch her take another man’s cock doggie with me beneath her kissing her pussy while she and another women share me cock. That is one of my fantasies. One of her fantasies is a man’s cock in her pussy, mine in her ass, and another man’s cock in her mouth. (That one works for me too) But, the best part is that we both really know what interests the other and we both know that neither of is emotionally quite ready for the reality just yet.

    Take your time and openly share your feelings with each other. And you can open the door and look in without fear.

  13. Back To Top | #13

    Cool re: To swing or not to swing?

    This is the "Mrs" of the couple...We have been together 6 years and into the lifestyle for about 5 years...in my "prior life" my ex brought up the swinging many years ago and I was very hurt as I equated "sex" with love...I felt if he loved me he would not even want to be with another female...but...it is totally different!!! What my husand and I do now is strictly for PHYSICAL pleasure and not for emotions...we have a terrific sex life between us but we totally enjoy being with other couples and females for the physical pleasure alone. If your husband truly loves you, there is nothing for you to be jealous about. I suggest you talk to him about your feelings and just try swinging..you may be pleasantly surprised!!!

  14. Back To Top | #14

    Default re: To swing or not to swing?

    I'm still confused. What do you expect to happen different if it's a spontaneous thing vs. a thought out and planned evening?

    It would seem to me that the comfort level would be a little higher if you and your husband had worked out the kinks ahead of time.

  15. Back To Top | #15

    Default Thinking with the wrong head, again.

    Seven years, two kids, a wife that has a major problem with the whole idea sounds like you do not need to join the world of swingers. Go get your husband and bring him to the computer and show him what we are saying. In fact, have him ask questions and we can respond. No, means no. The most important person in his life doesn't want to play. Get over it. So you go to him and cry and say Darling, I love you more than anything, you are the father of our children, I can't stand to see you with another woman, it will destroy our family and how would you like to drag this through the Courts. I have audio tapes and video tapes of every time you have ask me about going to some motel, pulling all my clothes off and screwing total strangers. I have already talked to a lawyer and he said that he will rip your ass from one end to the other and easily convince a jury that you are some kind of pervert and a danger to our your kids. I will own everything you have for the rest of your life. Give him a wink and ask him if he still wants to play.

  16. Back To Top | #16

    Default Re: Thinking with the wrong head, again.

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthBond
    I have audio tapes and video tapes of every time you have ask me about going to some motel, pulling all my clothes off and screwing total strangers. I have already talked to a lawyer and he said that he will rip your ass from one end to the other and easily convince a jury that you are some kind of pervert and a danger to our your kids. I will own everything you have for the rest of your life. Give him a wink and ask him if he still wants to play.
    WOW! I may agree with you, but wouldn't advice to take this road unless it's the last resort. If my wife comes to me with this approach, I'd be the one filing the divorce at first hour in the morning. Whatever I told her in our bedroom wasn't meant to be taped, nor she have the right to disclose it. Reching the point were I am being treatened and blackmailed using what I said because I (giving this approach) was MISLEAD to trust in my wife, there's no way back to rebuild the lost trust: I wouldn't be able to openly express my feelings and thoughts with my wife, afraid of being recorded with the purpose of using my words as a weapon against me!

    Sorry, but, this advice doesn't differ from advicing her to file a divorce right now.

    This people have a communication problem, she have issues with her self steem, he seems to have issues with the awareness required to swing, and IMO, with the awareness required to take care of a relationship (and I say, "he seems to", because all we have are the wife's perception from his behavior). They need to find ways to increase the trust in each other and in the relationship, while you're advicing the opposite: to destroy whatever trace of trust they already have.

    I believe we should be more responsible on the consequences for whatever advice we may provide. What you said would be an acceptable provokation if you were talking face to face, because you'd be there to "catch up" the reaction, but in a forum, you risk someone to take your words literaly as a nice choice to deal with this (or a similar) problem, just to end up facing an even worst scenario.

  17. Back To Top | #17

    Default re: To swing or not to swing?

    Thank you all for your wonderful answers. They are appreciated and will be taken into consideration.

    I can admit that I am interested on a certain level but only because of previous experiences. To explain, when I was not with my husband and single I had been to a couple of parties where there was drinking, music, and other singles. We used to come up wih some interesting games to say the least, one was the number three game. one girl, three guys, three minutes anything goes unless she says no and vice versa. I can honestly say my experience was hot but it was a spur of the moment thing and I was single. my husband knows about this experience and he has never had an opportunity like it.

    I thought our relationship was pretty rock solid but then he started talking more about threesomes and group sex and it made me question myself. Im glad he wants to share his fantasies and I like to share mine with him but to me thats all they were fantasies not something to become reality.

    I can also admit when I got pretty upset about it, I left for work and asked if he needed anything on the way home and he looked at me and said " a blonde and a red head", not such a big deal but every day i went to work that was the answer. Finally I looked at him and said "you know it wouldnt be so bad if you would just say once, you know, all i want you to bring home is your wonderful brunette self!"
    He didnt say anything and since he hasnt said anything about a blonde and a redhead.

    I didnt mean to turn him off the conversation, I want to be able to talk to him about these things. I know what turns him on and what doesnt but bringing another person or people into our sex lives doesnt seem to be the answer for me about anything.

    Someone asked about it sponatiously happening: to me its different than being preplanned. Its just something that happened and isnt necessarily going to happen again. Im not sure how to make that make sense.

    We have talked some more about certain things, like what we would allow if the situation did happen, like he would not want me to give another guy a blow job nor have another give me anal.

    I think my issues may also stem from me feeling im not getting enough sex and here he is wanting to add more people, when i feel i am not getting it enough! To me that doesnt make sense. Thank you all for talking to me. I may have him read this since he is the one who directed me here and may be that will open up more discussion.

    southbond, that just seems terribly mean to do to him when all he did was talk to me!

  18. Back To Top | #18

    Default re: To swing or not to swing?

    Swing if you want to. Don't if you don't.

    Don't swing if your husband wants you to. (I mean, if that is the only reason.)

    I want my wife to swing. But first and foremost I want her to be happy.

    Sex is tough. It's hard to admit to your fantasies, accept your desires and be open about them. If your husband is having trouble talking about it now, he may feel judged.

    Does he know you feel like you aren't having enough sex? That may be a reason why he wants to swing, so you can have more.

    When I first brought up swinging with my wife, it was a highly charged topic, and it was hard for me to talk about it with her, because it was so exciting to me, I had difficulty maintaining a connection with her during the conversation. Basically, I had trouble hearing anything other than "yes or no." But we have been talking about it for a month or so now, and I understand her concerns much better.

    Cassie's

  19. Back To Top | #19

    Talking re: To swing or not to swing?

    I was just joking. However, my daughter is a private detective and she does this type of stuff all the time for women who think their husbands are cheating on them. In fact video tapes are her main tool in catching these horny bastards. If this guy will not let go of his desire to swing/swap/screw other women, and you oppose it, he is going to cheat. And of course being stupid like most of us men are, he will get caught and you will file for divorce. If you are smart, you will have the documentation to hang him. See, I was just joking but it might be close to a real situation. I thought it was kind of funny. But it might be better if you took a firm stand and told him like it is. Otherwise, he is going to think about how can he can arrange a spontaneous situation so that you will play. Now, I am actually rooting for your husband. That's a guy thing.

  20. Back To Top | #20

    Default re: To swing or not to swing?

    Quote Originally Posted by mystressgaia
    I thought our relationship was pretty rock solid but then he started talking more about threesomes and group sex and it made me question myself.
    That's a typical response to it. I don't want to say "normal" because I'm of the opinion that feeling jealous means that there is something to be afraid of. If there's something to be afraid of, then there's a hole that needs a-patchin' in the relationship. It means that you "think" that your husband thinks a certain thing, but you don't know it for certain. Where there is uncertainty, there is fear, and where there is fear in a relationship, we compensate by trying to control the uncontrollable: namely our spouse. So anyway, like I said, you should be telling your husband that his statements cause you to question yourself, and your ability to satisfy his needs in a partner.

    Quote Originally Posted by mystressgaia
    Im glad he wants to share his fantasies and I like to share mine with him but to me thats all they were fantasies not something to become reality.
    You may never advance beyond this stage. Fantasy and reality are two TOTALLY different things, and once you've tried out reality, you either love it or need therapy. Taking fantasy into the real world requires that you are flexible and adaptable and can forgive easily. If you need the fantasy to follow a certain script in order to maintain sanity, stick to pillow talk! Seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by mystressgaia
    I can also admit when I got pretty upset about it, I left for work and asked if he needed anything on the way home and he looked at me and said " a blonde and a red head", not such a big deal but every day i went to work that was the answer. Finally I looked at him and said "you know it wouldnt be so bad if you would just say once, you know, all i want you to bring home is your wonderful brunette self!"
    He didnt say anything and since he hasnt said anything about a blonde and a redhead.
    That's good! That's actually a very good start to the conversation. When you get the time to expand on it, bring it up again. Explain that you don't want to stop talking about it, but you were just trying to get across to him that his comments often feel hurtful because [this] is what his comments say to you. *Insert feelings/impressions in the box. The things that you say to him should be something that he doesn't know already. It should be a surprise. He should say something like, "Gee honey, I had no idea you felt that way. I sure didn't mean it the way you said it. [This] is what I actually meant..."

    Quote Originally Posted by mystressgaia
    I know what turns him on and what doesnt but bringing another person or people into our sex lives doesnt seem to be the answer for me about anything.
    Does your sex life need an "answer"? Is that what his suggestions have impressed upon you? That you must somehow be lacking if he's suggesting this?

    What if he's telling the truth, that you're just too good to keep all to himself, and you're simply not able to understand it...yet? Like I said in my last blog entry, sane, rational, logical, emotionally sound people do not simply walk off a cliff for no reason. Perhaps the question, rather than "Why would he want me to walk off a cliff?", should be "Is it really a cliff, or am I just seeing it from the wrong angle?" From the comments your husband has apparently made (that it's because your sex life is so good, that he feels you've been together long enough now that he desires greater honesty/better communication/deeper intimacy, etc.) it sounds to me like his motives are good.

    Quote Originally Posted by mystressgaia
    Someone asked about it sponatiously happening: to me its different than being preplanned. Its just something that happened and isnt necessarily going to happen again. Im not sure how to make that make sense.
    So you can blame it on the tequila in the morning? Don't go that route, if that's the reasoning behind it. I know "preplanning" seems just so contrived and stilted, but it's necessary to some extent. It allows you to weed out couples who are incompatible and to define boundaries. I understand the need to loosen inhibitions, and nothing seems to work for me like a glass or two of good wine, but I have limited myself to just that: a glass or two. If my judgment is impaired, my husband won't let me swing. The whole point is to be able to enjoy the moment, and make some memories. Which drinking to excess defeats the purpose of. Plus he needs me to be in full control of my faculties because if I make a stupid decision and he acts on it only to discover the next morning that I TOTALLY screwed up and told him to say/do the wrong thing, then where does that leave us? For example, I might tell him to go ahead and play with someone in another room and the next morning I might be upset that I had made such a bad choice when faced with such a big decision. But who is the one to blame?

    The drinking example may not apply to you, but it's just an example of "throwing caution to the wind" at one's peril.

    Quote Originally Posted by mystressgaia
    I think my issues may also stem from me feeling im not getting enough sex and here he is wanting to add more people, when i feel i am not getting it enough! To me that doesnt make sense. Thank you all for talking to me. I may have him read this since he is the one who directed me here and may be that will open up more discussion.
    Perhaps this is precisely why he's suggesting it. It wouldn't surprise me that he knows already that you're not feeling sexually satisfied. He wants to see you happy, whatever that takes. If it means that you're more woman than one man can handle, then so be it. He is not holding you hostage anymore. He's telling you you're free to pursue sexual satisfaction...just don't forget about him or hurt him in the process. All he wants is be there when it happens.
    Fear is a symptom of ignorance. Knowledge is the cure.

  21. Back To Top | #21

    Default re: To swing or not to swing?

    my wife and I were marreid 20 years before we started to swing. We amrreid young and wre empty nesters our first swing. We started with a couple we know for a very long time. At the beginning I was like your husband asking mywife to try our friend couple with me as they wre expereinced and often would ask if we wanted to swap withthem. My wife would always say no. and after a few times being asked I was home withmywife and asked her why she is so apprehensive and it was religious in her mind that she wanted to be with me only. I understood. this same request bour be made by the other couple often as we socialized withthem and one evening afer some wine and being in the right time of the month and my iwfe said ok. It astounded me she said ok and the ladies went to the bedroom to undrress and then they took a shower and went back to the bedroom. Well needless to say the entire night was a mix of sex with our spouse and withour swapped friends every way. my iwfe was totally satisfied that night and after getting home she told me thankyou for helping to get her to try it she said she loved it. She did it often with me after taht and actually fell in love withthe couple. She would tell me she loved thim being inour marriage sexually. We still do sex withthem and one other couple and a single lady . We are very appreciative of eachother and love to swing. The first time is your most nervious and after you try it your body will tellyou it is wonderful andyou will love it too. If you like you can email me. fundove2@aol.com

  22. Back To Top | #22

    Default re: To swing or not to swing?

    I think my issues may also stem from me feeling im not getting enough sex and here he is wanting to add more people, when i feel i am not getting it enough!
    You'd be surprised at how many couples feel that swinging has increased the pleasure of their own personal sex lives. Look around here and you'll find so many saying something like 'we screwed like bunnies for days after our first meet up.'

Similar Threads

  1. Swing Partner ended our swing partnership
    By Syren in forum Random Swinging Topics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-29-2013, 08:08 PM
  2. Do hard-swing couples ever soft-swing?
    By Len & Ding in forum Soft Swinging
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 04-16-2009, 03:18 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
The Swingers Board is an online swinging community with something for everyone. Experienced swingers and those just curious about the swinging lifestyle are all welcome. We invite you to participate in the discussion forums, member blogs, swinger chat room, swinger stories, member photo galleries, swinger club listings and reviews, and all other areas of the site.


This site is run by a real swinger couple with the assistance of a great team of forum moderators who are also swingers. This site is free, and membership is open to all legal adults. While guests are able to view much of the site, registering will allow you access to all areas and full privileges.


Safe, sane, funny, smart, sexy - become a member and experience the Swingers Board!

Links
SwingLifeStyle Where REAL Swingers Meet

SwingTowns - It's Different @swingTowns

Swinger Zone Central The Zone - Get Into It

SDC SwingersDateClub for couples

Kasidie Sexually social

Adult FriendFinder Find Adult Sex and Friends

Alt.com BDSM and Fetish Dating Site

Wicked Temptations Wickedly Sexy Clothing

Sex Toy Fun Huge Selection, Great Prices!

Swingers Board
Subscribe to our newsletter!
E-mail Address

subscribe
unsubscribe